BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Absolute joke.

Heard he lost his head and starting calling the fans 'rabid animals'?

Lost for words - the man is a joke.

His exact words were "I will not subject Gary Bowyer to the kind of treatment, you know, that seems to be commonplace around the club.He is a very well respected gentleman, you know, and his pride and dignity is very important to us."

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolute joke.

Heard he lost his head and starting calling the fans 'rabid animals'?

Lost for words - the man is a joke.

He didn't say this. A fan text to radio lancs mentioned the words 'rabid animals'. Not Singh.

His exact words were "I will not subject Gary Bowyer to the kind of treatment, you know, that seems to be commonplace around the club.He is a very well respected gentleman, you know, and his pride and dignity is very important to us."

That's disgraceful.

We have every right to be furious after the last two years but the anger has been channeled at the culprits.

Shebby really should go now.

They must be chasing prospective managers off with that sort of mind-blowing offer.

Looks like they have cleared obstacles that could have gotten in their way to selling off or cashing in on more of the playing assets.

• Backroom
Damn. Well there goes the feel good factor after two back to back wins!

Although he may we be smarting due to the vocal minority giving him stick at 3-0 up. :rolleyes:

Get the feeling it'll be a lot worse at the next match :)

Damn. Well there goes the feel good factor after two back to back wins!

Although he may we be smarting due to the vocal minority giving him stick at 3-0 up. :rolleyes:

He's probably ticked off that his "bloody" football game isn't selling as well as he'd hope.

Get the feeling it'll be a lot worse at the next match :)

Well it will now.

I reckon that's what got his goat though. It was always the worry. It doesn't help when every name we are linked with has at least one person saying "I'm done with the club if he is manager".

Not defending Singh in the slightest as he should be able to remain professional and hasn't but you can see where he's coming from.

This could be the beginning of the end of...

1) Singh's relationship with BRFCAG

2) Singh's involvement with the club

3) Venkys involvement with the club

4) The club

Take your pick.

http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/we_are_in_crisis_776845/index.shtml

Solbakken must remain the most likely Championship manager to next depart his club. That is unless our friend Shebby Singh, whose name was chanted yesterday at Hillsborough, makes another of his big mistakes.

It appears Mrs Desai doesn't want to upset the apple cart with them being on such a good run so caretaker boss Gary Bowyer, who isn't interested in the job, will carry on. Shebby won't be happy; he'd promised an appointment by yesterday.

That promised appointment might well have been the Legend in his own Mind Peter Taylor. Meanwhile, there's still no news of Paul Agnew and Derek Shaw following their trip to Pune but Venky's did send their fans a New year message that sounded more like them being told to turn up and get behind the players and management

I've never trusted this guy since he appeared on the scene. Quite clearly a Venky's stooge, mandated to run intereference with fans and take steps necessary to halt the falling attendances, I never understood why people were so willing (if not downright happy) to accept the presence of a @#/? Asian 'pundit' turned 'Global Advisor' in a position of apparent authority at a once proud club.

Sure, he got rid of the cretinous Kean and appeared to be the only person at the club willing to say a word to the outside world but the fact remains that he is a squirming bounder, promoted - as is the norm at Ewood Park - to a position well beyond his abilities

Well it will now.

I reckon that's what got his goat though. It was always the worry. It doesn't help when every name we are linked with has at least one person saying "I'm done with the club if he is manager".

Not defending Singh in the slightest as he should be able to remain professional and hasn't but you can see where he's coming from.

4) The club

Take your pick.

Yes, I can see where Shebby's coming from, it's called bullshit land.

On 606 Shebby categorically denied that MacDonald and Ali had been lined up to take over.

Funny how Andy Cryer has reported exactly the opposite.

I know who I believe.

The fans are not responsible in any way for this fiasco and have every right to be furious.

I know Shebby's not the only culprit but this evening's interview is the tipping point and he should go now.

The other controversial statement:

Presenter: I think I have texts coming in already about the six month contract you're offering people, people are not having that Shebby, I have got plenty in front of me saying 'you must be joking who is going to take a 6 month contract'?

Shebby: Well, somebody who has got the ambition, somebody who has got the knowledge, somebody who has got the experience - there will be people who would take the job. And like I say, don't forget its easy, don't forget - this it what really gets me Gary - how silly are people who listen to 'a six month contract' and just stop there, why don't they bloody listen to the whole sentence, right, six month contract, set targets, achieve it and earn yourself a long term contract

Presnter: So its a carrot for a long term contract?

Shebby: Yes, how difficult is that to understand?

Presenter: So its set out as a 6 month interim period for a longer contract

Shebby: Yes, thats right, exactly like I said at the top of the programme. We want success. So if you achieve set targets, you know, err, the world is your oyster.

Those comments alone should be enough to turn everyone against the clown.

'Commonplace around the club' - shut the @#/? up you halfwit.

So he won't subject GB to it, but some other poor sod has to put up with it? (Not that there's anything to put up with, Berg got nothing but support).

Well it will now.

4) The club

Take your pick.

Personally, all four and we can start again, they really should stick to their Chickens!!

Those comments alone should be enough to turn everyone against the clown.

'Commonplace around the club' - shut the @#/? up you halfwit.

So he won't subject GB to it, but some other poor sod has to put up with it? (Not that there's anything to put up with, Berg got nothing but support).

So that could infer that he isn't talking about the fans but about other people within the club.

Not saying that he didnt mean the fans but he didnt specifically say it (based on above quotes)

He didn't say this. A fan text to radio lancs mentioned the words 'rabid animals'. Not Singh

Don;t try and spoil the party by speaking sense. Its's the same about yesterday's supposed appointment, I only heard that as a rumour on here and twitter , I think all that Shebby said to Robbie Savage is an apointment would be made in the new year (unless I heard wrongly) but yet it provoke's pages of debate coming up to the match as to who it would be and later for why it never happened. When it comes to staff appointments I think the club shouldn;t entertain any conversations with people outside it, including fan groups. The Kean situation was a one off, and even then it shouldn;t have needed the fans to remind the club he needed to go, they should have known that in some poisonous situations there is no way back, just like clough at leeds and mcleish at Villa.

Don;t try and spoil the party by speaking sense. Its's the same about yesterday's supposed appointment, I only heard that as a rumour on here and twitter , I think all that Shebby said to Robbie Savage is an apointment would be made in the new year (unless I heard wrongly) but yet it provoke's pages of debate coming up to the match as to who it would be and later for why it never happened. When it comes to staff appointments I think the club shouldn;t entertain any conversations with people outside it, including fan groups. The Kean situation was a one off, and even then it shouldn;t have needed the fans to remind the club he needed to go, they should have known that in some poisonous situations there is no way back, just like clough at leeds and mcleish at Villa.

Agree with this bit. Consulting fan groups is amateurish and it leaves unqualified people calling the shots. At any normal club though none of this would be an issue - sad.

Two points - i think that shebby was trying to be "funny" by saying that we would appoint a manager on new years day once we had seen the back of a horrible 2012. This was then construed to mean literally.

Second - from the reports (i havn't heard it myself yet) of shebbys performance today i would suggest he has been given a telling off and reminded as to who the real boss is, namely Balaji and family. He is then forced to relate something that he doesn't entirely agree with and go against what he himself has said - making him look like a smalltime tool thus the extra "edge".

Two points - i think that shebby was trying to be "funny" by saying that we would appoint a manager on new years day once we had seen the back of a horrible 2012. This was then construed to mean literally.

Second - from the reports (i havn't heard it myself yet) of shebbys performance today i would suggest he has been given a telling off and reminded as to who the real boss is, namely Balaji and family. He is then forced to relate something that he doesn't entirely agree with and go against what he himself has said - making him look like a smalltime tool thus the extra "edge".

He didn't, he said a new manager would be appointed "in the new year". The specific dates appear to have come from Balaji.

Hello shebby!

Archived