BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

"We are looking to offer a short-term contract with specific targets, and upon achieving those targets it will trigger off a longer-term contract." - I'm sorry no-one would do that, managers are the same as the rest of us, they want security from a job, whats stopping them taking a long-term job at another Championship? what makes us so special? A logical idea would have been to do that with Berg if unsure. I think perhaps someone doesnt want to pay money out for the next potential sacking.

"We're looking to reward success, not reward failure." who in their right mind would do that? ha ha The apple really doesnt fall far from the tree does it.

These jokers that run the club, suddenly think it works to leave things the way things are, just because we've won two games on the trot.

I think it's a decent enough idea, and one i would like to see more of in football. Football management is one of the few jobs that finacially rewards failure.

Why didn't they do this with Berg?? good question, maybe they are slowly learning from mistakes?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a decent enough idea, and one i would like to see more of in football. Football management is one of the few jobs that finacially rewards failure.

Why didn't they do this with Berg?? good question, maybe they are slowly learning from mistakes?

Maybe it would be a good idea if we asked the new manager to work with no pay until he's proved himself? That's an even better idea.

I think it could have been worded better but still produced the same result. Surely they could have just had a condition in the contract stating the new manager needed to reach the play offs at least. That would be the same as saying you get 6 months but if you do well you'll get longer.

Good lord DMTP!! I thought you were one of the more sensible posters!!

The man is an utter fool concerned only with being well liked in football circles and locally by our fans.However his complete lack of football knowledge, Championship football knowledge, Blackburn Rovers knowledge and cultural knowledge means he has nothing in his locker except smarmy anecdotes and unfunny jokes.He is a complete no hoper totally unsuitable for purpose.

People would not be trying to undermine him if he knew what he was doing.But running the Club via consultation with BRAG rather then grouping round more experienced football people and keeping his counsel is a fatal flaw in the make up of a guy who just can't resist the limelight and opportunity for self promotion.

Supporters to regret turning on Shebby???? you are having a laugh DMTP we are now seeing exactly what this urchin really is .

Get the nonce out of our Club and close down BRAG who having gone full circle have now no credibility left and and we might be able to start talking about the real issues.

That would leave the way clear for Agnew and Shaw to carry out their own agenda. :glare: I'm a little of DMTP's persausion. I'm more than a little uneasy with Singhs portugese dealings and also with his lack of knowledge and experience in English football. As I've said before he is a loose cannon and as the old saying goes "empty vessels make most noise", he is becoming a laughing stock and unfortunately turening the club into one too, but I do feel that his intentions are good. I'm certainly not of the same opinion about the other two.

Indeed.... and following hard on the heels of signing his ludicrous 8 year contract it seems to me that Pardew is now engineering his own sacking! And why shouldn't he? He's made for life so why spend the next 7 years inside a pressure cooker?

Managerial contracts are normally for three years whilst the average tenure for a football manager is less than two years! Offering long contracts simply does not make any sort of sense whichever way one looks at it..... it certainly doesn't make managers any more loyal the minute a better job comes along does it?

It's entirely possible that in the next few weeks any combination of Leeds, Wolves, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed, Birmingham, Charlton, Derby - even possibly Bolton! - may decide to part company with their present manager

At the present moment I think Barnsley were our only manager less rivals

Whichever talents are out there, the pool may be somewhat reduced by the time we decide to get our arses in gear

No it wont... it wont make any difference to the number of managers available. It'll only make a difference to the names available.

A 6 month deal tempted Rafa Benitez to take the reigns at Chelsea

Whilst We are not in Chelseas league, not just literally, I'm sure there are plenty of out of work managers that would jump at the chance of being able remind the footbal world of their abilities, just like Rafa has.

Lest we not forget that fecker Kean has just marched off with £1m and no doubt Henning has been compensated.

Yet another thread that has been ransacked by keyboard warriors who are quick to sling mud, it just gets boring.

• Backroom

Whilst it also gets tedious reading stupid comparisons of Rafa Benitez and mega-rich Chelsea to the managerial post at a mid table shambles of a financially-drained Championship team like Blackburn Rovers.

Short term contracts with performance standards are a very good idea.

Deciding not to fund transfers, and delaying the appointment of a manager and backroom staff midway during a promotion battle and 5 points off a playoff spot, is stupidity.

Archived