BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

It's not considered because it isn't happening. The man is a tool of the highest degree

Why are people so vicious in there remarks, i think it's time moderators on this forum started to be moderators and stop this incessant vitriol against Shebby Singh, i have no problem with comments in a constructive manner but all you get is he's a tool or he's a clown or much much worse, now i am not having a go at you blue and white army but come on people if you can't put a message on here that is in any way constructive then it's no wonder SS is getting the hump, the last two years has taken it's toll on everyone, we still have in my opinion the worst person at our club Agnew, he's the common denominator in all that has happened over the last two years and i can understand the manner of the posts so give him the same stick you give SS.

As an aside we were 3-0 up against forest and some prats start signing Shebby's a w ker, why not sing for the bloody team who actually played well 2nd half.

And as for only giving a manager a six month contract well it's about time we only paid for success instead of paying for failure, and again some on here twist what SS said about that, if the new manager is a success that means the team is successful and he said the manager would get get an improved contract, what's wrong with that, other well known managers are on similar type of contracts, keeps them focused on the job in hand. Seriously some times on here and Rovers Mad it's like entering a snake pit.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are people so vicious in there remarks, i think it's time moderators on this forum started to be moderators and stop this incessant vitriol against Shebby Singh, i have no problem with comments in a constructive manner but all you get is he's a tool or he's a clown or much much worse, now i am not having a go at you blue and white army but come on people if you can't put a message on here that is in any way constructive then it's no wonder SS is getting the hump, the last two years has taken it's toll on everyone, we still have in my opinion the worst person at our club Agnew, he's the common denominator in all that has happened over the last two years and i can understand the manner of the posts so give him the same stick you give SS.

As an aside we were 3-0 up against forest and some prats start signing Shebby's a w ker, why not sing for the bloody team who actually played well 2nd half.

And as for only giving a manager a six month contract well it's about time we only paid for success instead of paying for failure, and again some on here twist what SS said about that, if the new manager is a success that means the team is successful and he said the manager would get get an improved contract, what's wrong with that, other well known managers are on similar type of contracts, keeps them focused on the job in hand. Seriously some times on here and Rovers Mad it's like entering a snake pit.

I don't agree with the name calling on here, its not needed, but thats where the sites gone these days Pete and I doubt you'll change that.

As for the rest of your post, people are just fed up to the back teeth of the circus act that is Shebby Singh, courting the media and making a fool of himself, he should just shut up and get on with the job in hand, not make outlandish statements that have no foundation.

The mans a joke and he's taking the club and its supporters for idiots, much like his bosses.

People are just fed up pete.

But I do agree with a lot of your post.

It's just very difficult to watch something you love seemingly crumble around you.

Shebby is probably aware of his faults, but one thing that is seriously undermining his every move is a lack of expert communications advice prior to interviews. It's clear that Agnew is being no help here, as he continues to let shebby score own goals.

I know he was a pundit for 12 years, but that is entirely different to pursuing a communications strategy in what is effectively a crisis situation. When businesses go through this, they normally have a combination of good internal comms people and a good agency to advise. in shebbys case, it looks like we have neither to help him.

I don't agree with the name calling on here, its not needed, but thats where the sites gone these days Pete and I doubt you'll change that.

As for the rest of your post, people are just fed up to the back teeth of the circus act that is Shebby Singh, courting the media and making a fool of himself, he should just shut up and get on with the job in hand, not make outlandish statements that have no foundation.

The mans a joke and he's taking the club and its supporters for idiots, much like his bosses.

:rock:

Shebby is probably aware of his faults, but one thing that is seriously undermining his every move is a lack of expert communications advice prior to interviews. It's clear that Agnew is being no help here, as he continues to let shebby score own goals.

Yeah I have found that strange you would think that a lifelong Rovers supporter who deservedly got a Directorship of the club for his outstanding work with the media regarding a previous manager and those nasty supporters would be ideally placed to advise singh wouldn't you. Perhaps he's too busy in his new job, hence why we see or hear nothing from him..

Worth a mention that later on on the Radio Lancs programme that Andy Baines mentioned that ALL Directors at Rovers had been asked to take part and Singh was the only one to agree.

Unfortunately Singh makes himself an easy target with the nonsense he sometimes spouts and fame seems to have gone to his head, much prefered it when nobody was talking and doing their work whispering in people's ears , implementing banner bans , discrediting supporters and leaking stuff to the press, and working in the best interests of their golden ticket.

Singh out - War on supporters back in

Listened to the interview this morning. Given the tweets and comments at the time I was expecting to be appalled but to be fair, it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

I agree with the 6 month contract (with extensions etc should the manager deliver) - but insisting we have enough back room staff is ludicrous.

Whilst I also can't see point in letting said manager buy anyone (no incoming transfers) I sincerely hope we tap up some prem teams for a couple of loans.

+ 1 Funny people have a go at Shebby for tarnishing the recent wins even though our fans at 3 nil up want to vent their splean at Shebby Singh, pot callling kettle black.

It's not what Singh said it was the way that he said it. Hickson was struggling not to laugh at some points because the way singh was talking was so ridiculous. If he can't explain coherently what he means then he's better to keep off the radio and talk only to those he trusts. Instead his self publicity seeking ego takes over and he actively seeks out opportunities to put himself in the limelight then seems surprised when he gets asked awkward questions. anyone doing a proper interview would have already decided what he was prepared to answer questions on and what he was not, have prepared non committal answers to the ones he wanted to answer and fairly bland ones to everything. that's what a good press officer should be sorting with him. Instead he lays himself open to criticism by not apparently setting any agenda in advance and then getting wound up by what is asked. Losing his cool and using (albeit mild) bad language, is not the way to conduct yourself especially when thre isn't the excuse of it being immediately after a defeat or something. He'd had time to get organised and make the interview what he wanted it to be.

I remember a couple of years back that Hickson said that keeping good relations with your local clubs meant that you had to treat them carefully and so keep open channels of communication but it didn't sound like he felt that any more. He felt singh was fair game and gave him enough rope to hang himself several times over.

I agree with the 6 month contract (with extensions etc should the manager deliver)

All that does is limit the number of applicants. Things can go t1ts up after 2 months, 7 months, 9 months, one year etc. The exposure to risk that it avoids for the club is quite minimal.

Why's he getting so annoyed about speculation? He's working at a football club :o

Losing his cool and showing a total lack of composure isn't a quality shown by leaders of men.

His latest interview has only reinforced my opinion that he couldn't pull this club together if he was in position fifty years. The club is only going one way with this guy in charge and it isn't towards the Premier League.

Well at least there are some of you guys think the way i do, i have calmed down now ^_^ ha, we all know that SS talks and says the wrong things but you have to say Agnew who is supposed to be a PR manager or something has not done one thing to ease the situation, something needs to happen at board level as many have said get rid of all three ideally but we know the Venky's wont get rid of their Uncle Shebby, the situation at board level can't continue, it under minds the club/players employees and us the fans, so if said SS is the boss fire one of Agnew/Shaw and get someone in who actually cares and can do the job as it should be done, you never know we might move on, and i agree that SS needs to either hold his tongue before he speaks or get someone working with him to help with his communication skills, Christ he could pay for that out of his own pocket.

as a footnote i work unfortunately with Burnley fans :closedeyes: and even thought they take the proverbial daily they still think we will make the play offs.

Yes Singh presumably has some well meaning somewhere.

Just as much as I would want everbody to be safe if put in sole charge of a jumbo jet mid flight.

At least in that situation I would merely be incompetent. ..

Thats better Philip some humor among the dark desolate days ahead ^_^

• Backroom

"I have made my submissions to my bosses. They will receive it, then we will talk about it. We would like to make an appointment on New Year's Day to start the new year in the right way and to see the back of a horrible 2012." - Shebby on Dec 31.

4 days later the club announces no new manager until the end of January.

The lies continue.

"I have made my submissions to my bosses. They will receive it, then we will talk about it. We would like to make an appointment on New Year's Day to start the new year in the right way and to see the back of a horrible 2012." - Shebby on Dec 31.

4 days later the club announces no new manager until the end of January.

The lies continue.

This just points to the Venkys.

Shebby has recommended and they have ignored him. They have also ignored agnew and shaw.

The question is WHY? And who is 'helping' them in their decisions now?

Shebby has recommended and they have ignored him. They have also ignored agnew and shaw.

I think what it means is that whoever they have contacted about working for them have said

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good lord DMTP!! I thought you were one of the more sensible posters!!

The man is an utter fool concerned only with being well liked in football circles and locally by our fans.However his complete lack of football knowledge, Championship football knowledge, Blackburn Rovers knowledge and cultural knowledge means he has nothing in his locker except smarmy anecdotes and unfunny jokes.He is a complete no hoper totally unsuitable for purpose.

People would not be trying to undermine him if he knew what he was doing.But running the Club via consultation with BRAG rather then grouping round more experienced football people and keeping his counsel is a fatal flaw in the make up of a guy who just can't resist the limelight and opportunity for self promotion.

Supporters to regret turning on Shebby???? you are having a laugh DMTP we are now seeing exactly what this urchin really is .

Get the nonce out of our Club and close down BRAG who having gone full circle have now no credibility left and and we might be able to start talking about the real issues.

Shebby's main problem is that he lets his mouth get the better of him - but when you care to listen to what he is saying some is rubbish - but some is actually sensible and insightful (football experts that have met him have spoken of his knowledge). The biggest problem is how it is spun in the media and social network sites - he puts himself up to be shot at - but daftly also gives people the ammunition.

The biggest issue we previously had was that Kean was the Venky's eyes and ears - and look where that got us. Shebby took over this role - and it seems obvious started to relay some home truths back to Pune. Without Shebby we will go back to Keans buddy Agnew being in that role - for all Shebby's faults is that what we really want ?

• Backroom

The question is WHY is Shebby still employed if they are ignoring him? Can I have £400k a year to talk sh1t as often as humanly possible and be totally ignored by my bosses?

Archived