BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

I'm not sure Shebby's worse than Agnew/Shaw who were tied to Kean. But the embarrassment of all three to BRFC is particularly bad in context of our whole history. 72 of 124 years in top flite of football league since it began. How many clubs in England can match that? 4 or 5? Is there a small (-ish) town club in all of Europe that can match that?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did shabby not say on the lancs forum that it wouldn't take 5 weeks again to appoint a manager?

He wanted to appoint a manager on New Year's Day, but Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew delayed that by convincing Venkys not to listen to his recommendation of managers. I hate work politics.

Then again, I doubt anyone here would approve of the list of managers that Shebby Singh wanted to recommend because of his disaster with Henning Berg. What do you think of Sven Erikkson, Abbey? Oh yeah, you said no no no on the other thread or something like that.

He wanted to appoint a manager on New Year's Day, but Derek Shaw and Paul Agnew delayed that by convincing Venkys not to listen to his recommendation of managers. I hate work politics.

Then again, I doubt anyone here would approve of the list of managers that Shebby Singh wanted to recommend because of his disaster with Henning Berg. What do you think of Sven Erikkson, Abbey? Oh yeah, you said no no no on the other thread or something like that.

Wrong i said in an Abbey rush of capital letters NO NO NO.Don't blame Abs for that one - it wasn't him.

Never mentioned Sven and it doesn't matter whether he wanted to appoint on NYE bling n bong didn't and proves again he is a scumky puppet.

Sorry, wasn't blaming per se but pointing out that Shebby Singh's list of managers isn't what most people want.

Think you were having a go actually! Of course singhs list is no good. Whatever anyone tells you he comes over loud and clear as someone who knows less about football than the average person who knows nothing. Doesn't mean we have to like the idea of sven though. He's not the answer to any question I can think of asking in relation to managing rovers other than who wouldn't be a good choice for the job. We've just started to see signs of players liking playing together for our team. Why rock that boat for someone whose best years are behind him and who has no real track record at this level.

Shebby is a loose cannon and shoots from the lip without a doubt and probably without much thought, but he is in a position of power and influence. He needs to find a sound ally and take council from someone trustworthy and with experience.

As for Agnew... and I may be wrong .... but I still feel he will have links with a certain agent of completely justified ill repute.

Well the two and a half year deal given to Appleton suggests Singh doesn't carry weight at Ewood.

Singh sees himself as a "real football thinker". More than anything else, he wanted to direct the footballing side of the club - that's what he's been angling for since he's been here. Hopefully we'll hear no more from him, but I think he'll have to be carried away from his expensive dream job, kicking and screaming. I'll be a very happy man if I never hear from him again.

Well the two and a half year deal given to Appleton suggests Singh doesn't carry weight at Ewood.

Singh sees himself as a "real football thinker". More than anything else, he wanted to direct the footballing side of the club - that's what he's been angling for since he's been here. Hopefully we'll hear no more from him, but I think he'll have to be carried away from his expensive dream job, kicking and screaming. I'll be a very happy man if I never hear from him again.

I would have liked him to actually install a specific footballing ethos into the club. So that it would guide all future managerial appointments. Look at Swansea to see what can be achieved on a shoe string. They hired laudrup because his style of play was very similar to Rodgers .

Pity for us he couldn't realise his ambitions

• Backroom

Seems that Agnew and Shaw's visit to India has effectively cut Shebby's powerbase entirely. It will be interesting to see whether he sticks around to try and win power back, or decides to leave. He isn't the type of guy to sit and do what he is told, so can only see it going one of the two aforementioned ways.

I would have liked him to actually install a specific footballing ethos into the club. So that it would guide all future managerial appointments. Look at Swansea to see what can be achieved on a shoe string. They hired laudrup because his style of play was very similar to Rodgers .

Pity for us he couldn't realise his ambitions

We had an ethos pre Venkys, it was very successful.

Shebby had his chance, he couldn't bring himself to appoint a manager who would be his own man, he blew it.

We had an ethos pre Venkys, it was very successful.

Shebby had his chance, he couldn't bring himself to appoint a manager who would be his own man, he blew it.

I think we can safely say night night to the man who told the nation he was the only one who makes all the decisions.The latest in a never ending line of people who have been completely blagged out of sight by the chicken fiddlers.

Thanks and good riddance you tool.First public appearance at King Georges Hall in August was calamitous and the wondergob went downhill from there.

From the LET boards:

Bumped into Shabby Singh this afternoon near Brockhall - definitely no one working together at Ewood - when I told him I was ashamed at what they had all done to a once proud club he openly admitted the whole situation was a mess - couldn't believe my ears!!!!!!! He then mumbled on that he didn't see why he should put himself through all this grief - I reminded him that maybe it was the 'big fat retainers' that spur him and his cohorts on - didn't give him any further chance to speak - I said that I had no belief in any of them regarding the future of the Club - they have brought this once proud club to its knees and it looks like this latest appointment has been made without the full support of all the Board Members - yes what a mess!!!!From the LET Boards

Shame we are stuck with the two other simpletons

Not that I wish to engage in 'claptrap' or appear 'holier than thou' , ridding the club of '2 Simpletons' would leave somewhat of a void wouldn't you say?

I am curious, who would you replace them with BAWA?

The club would run better with a void.

We need competent experienced administrators. Preferably one's who haven't already virtually crippled another club (Preston).

We now have 3rd rate employees at every level

So what you are advocating is no owners, so the club would fund itself and run itself with a void of Directors? We'd be better off with that?

If that is not what you advocate, what and who would be your contingency? (not what you don't want, Singh excepted, more what would you want)

Yes I'd advocate running the club with no administration full time :rolleyes:

I'm not exactly up to speed on the availability and identity of football administrators like you but frankly a mouldy block of cheese would be preferable to these abject muppets. Unless you think that losing 50% of the fanbase, daily internal boardroom pillow fights, childish sulks, anti-fan press leaks, sponsorship money falling off a cliff and employing 2 donut managers is sterling work?

Yes I'd advocate running the club with no administration full time :rolleyes:

I'm not exactly up to speed on the availability and identity of football administrators like you but frankly a mouldy block of cheese would be preferable to these abject muppets. Unless you think that losing 50% of the fanbase, daily internal boardroom pillow fights, childish sulks, anti-fan press leaks, sponsorship money falling off a cliff and employing 2 donut managers is sterling work?

I guess that's a no then. We all know what's wrong, that's @#/? easy but Im more interested in ideas of how to correct it.

On a lighter note, when you were 7 in the mid eighties, was it you that used to bring the teddy that we used to throw around the Riverside? Thinking about it, it can't have been because that started in the mid seventies.

Not that I'm complaining, but the Malaysian TV pundit has been somewhat quiet over the past week or so or have I missed his pearls of wisdom?

If he’s not running his mouth of in support of the owners, or making promises that he can’t deliver on, then why is he being paid 400k a year?

I guess that's a no then. We all know what's wrong, that's @#/? easy but Im more interested in ideas of how to correct it.

On a lighter note, when you were 7 in the mid eighties, was it you that used to bring the teddy that we used to throw around the Riverside? Thinking about it, it can't have been because that started in the mid seventies.

The teddies always ended up getting torn to bits!

we should start the activity again but using the 3 anti-musketeers instead of teddies

Archived