BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

You're right D.E. Shebby didn't get rid of Kean. The story at the time - from some fans - was that he was unsackeable. Part owner and all that. Well that's been shown as totally untrue, so there was nothing to stop anyone sacking Kean, but they didn't.

Well if you (and DE) are prepared to take things only on face value then, ok, Kean resigned.

But he resigned because of the interference/influence of Singh.

Ergo, whichever way you look at it, Singh 'got rid of' Kean.

Love how DE is so blasé about the significance of Kean leaving. Have you forgotten already just how bad things were?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if you (and DE) are prepared to take things only on face value then, ok, Kean resigned.

Love how DE is so blasé about the significance of Kean leaving. Have you forgotten already just how bad things were?

There's no evidence why Kean resigned, we don't know,

Why didn't Shebby sack him though Stuart? The only answer could be that the owners didn't want him sacked. Unless you think Singh was acting against the owners wishes - which I very much doubt.

• Backroom

I don't know how you've inferred I'm blase about anything, please explain that to me? The discussion is about Shebby's impact on Kean resigning, not on the effect of Kean's resignation. I don't see how suggesting Shebby didn't have as big a role to play as everyone assumes suddenly means I'm not bothered about Kean leaving. I'd love to see your reasoning behind that deduction though.

Prove to me that it was Shebby that got rid of Kean and I'll be happy to discuss this further with you. Until then all we know is that Shebby did not sack Kean despite claiming he had the power to, and that Kean in fact resigned and in part thanks to Shebby managed to get an extra £1.2M out of it.

These are facts.

Prove to me that it was Shebby that got rid of Kean and I'll be happy to discuss this further with you. Until then all we know is that Shebby did not sack Kean despite claiming he had the power to, and that Kean in fact resigned and in part thanks to Shebby managed to get an extra £1.2M out of it.

These are facts.

So he got paid out because of Shebby but Shebby didn't have anything to do with his resignation?

You can't have it both ways.

• Backroom

Where have I said Shebby had nothing to do with his resignation? here's a quote from one of my earlier posts as you apparently haven't read the whole discussion:

I'm still curious as to exactly what it was that forced his hand. I very much doubt it was Shebby alone, although I'm sure the appearance of everyone's favourite Malaysian TV pundit was related to whatever happened.

I don't know how you've inferred I'm blase about anything, please explain that to me?

Shebby got rid of Kean (well, he didn't, Kean chose to resign, but anyway) therefore what? We all buy him pints?

Great.

Seems pretty blasé to me.

Look I think Singh has long outstayed his welcome as much as the next fan but the attempts by some to re-write history are a little strange to say the least.

Kean was forced to resign, something that we couldn't even contemplate before Singh showed up. So it's a thanks from me and so long, Shebby.

• Backroom

It is blasé towards Shebby's impact on Kean resigning? Yes, because to make him a hero over this is ridiculous. By that odd logic you should really be thanking Venky's as they hired Singh and put him there in the first place - assumedly on purpose to get Kean to resign. I guess everyone will be buying Mrs D a pint next time she's in town, too.

Singh only did what the owners told him to do, remember that.

It is blasé towards Shebby's impact on Kean resigning? Yes, because to make him a hero over this is ridiculous. By that odd logic you should really be thanking Venky's as they hired Singh and put him there in the first place - assumedly on purpose to get Kean to resign. I guess everyone will be buying Mrs D a pint next time she's in town, too.

Singh only did what the owners told him to do, remember that.

Must be great to know the inside track on everything that happens behind closed doors at Ewood Park. Us lesser mortals can only surmise and employ guesswork. We are forever in your gratitude DE, remember that.

• Backroom

Must be great to know the inside track on everything that happens behind closed doors at Ewood Park. Us lesser mortals can only surmise and employ guesswork. We are forever in your gratitude DE, remember that.

Everything I've said is what we know from public knowledge Gordon. If you know otherwise though then by all means, let me know.

Honestly, I find it difficult to make a distinction between Shebby and Kean. When you get down to brass tax, both of them are shameless, self-deluded con-artists who have used the club for their own agenda. Had Shebby's visa not expired and he had as long as Kean in the spotlight, I have no doubt he would've become as much of a hate figure here. People (such as Drog, who has an unusual fondness for the man) perceive Shebby as this kind of good-hearted buffoon who just wants the best for everyone but lacks the nous to do it. And not the complete ego-maniac who has embarrassed himself, and by extension our club, almost everytime he opens his mouth. Just look at his recent comments in the media if you want to see how malicious the guy's rampant narcissism is.

In that sense, Kean's "constructive dismissal" was bittersweet. We rid ourselves of one rat, but in the process we land ourselves with another calling the shots. The post-Kean appointment was a massive one for the club's promotion hopes, but instead of hiring one of the many tried and tested Championship managers on the market, we ended up with Shebby's choice. Doesn't matter how much experience the guy has, as long as he's an ex-Rover that'll get the locals onside. Oh, and they'll be so thankful for the opportunity, they'll even endure Shebby's years of punditry experience on ESPN. People should not underestimate how destructive this guy has been here, irrespective of what happened with Kean, because any progress we may have made under Bowyer will soon be undone if Shebby is allowed anywhere near the decision-making process again.

Oh, but he signed us Jordan Rhodes. Well, Kean signed us Yakubu. So what?

Honestly, I find it difficult to make a distinction between Shebby and Kean. When you get down to brass tax, both of them are shameless, self-deluded con-artists who have used the club for their own agenda. Had Shebby's visa not expired and he had as long as Kean in the spotlight, I have no doubt he would've become as much of a hate figure here. People (such as Drog, who has an unusual fondness for the man) perceive Shebby as this kind of good-hearted buffoon who just wants the best for everyone but lacks the nous to do it. And not the complete ego-maniac who has embarrassed himself, and by extension our club, almost everytime he opens his mouth. Just look at his recent comments in the media if you want to see how malicious the guy's rampant narcissism is.

In that sense, Kean's "constructive dismissal" was bittersweet. We rid ourselves of one rat, but in the process we land ourselves with another calling the shots. The post-Kean appointment was a massive one for the club's promotion hopes, but instead of hiring one of the many tried and tested Championship managers on the market, we ended up with Shebby's choice. Doesn't matter how much experience the guy has, as long as he's an ex-Rover that'll get the locals onside. Oh, and they'll be so thankful for the opportunity, they'll even endure Shebby's years of punditry experience on ESPN. People should not underestimate how destructive this guy has been here, irrespective of what happened with Kean, because any progress we may have made under Bowyer will soon be undone if Shebby is allowed anywhere near the decision-making process again.

Great post fella.Very sensible and logically put. Shebby only does one thing, that is spend other peoples money like its going out of fashion and that provides a wonderful vehicle for his self promotion activities.

He is living out a real life fantasy. and being paid 8 grand a week by the club for the privilige.Utterly , utterly scandalous in anybodys language .If he comes back and by definition demolishes any hint at the stability developed in recent months then that will be me and many fans done for good.

Thers only so much you can take and after the 3 years we have just endured if Venkys only answer is to allow that fecking nobhead to come back into the fold then the club is in a very perilous position indeed .

''in the Uk nobody understands what a Global Adviser is''..........too feckin right

Great post fella.Very sensible and logically put. Shebby only does one thing, that is spend other peoples money like its going out of fashion and that provides a wonderful vehicle for his self promotion activities.

He is living out a real life fantasy. and being paid 8 grand a week by the club for the privilige.Utterly , utterly scandalous in anybodys language .If he comes back and by definition demolishes any hint at the stability developed in recent months then that will be me and many fans done for good.

Thers only so much you can take and after the 3 years we have just endured if Venkys only answer is to allow that fecking nobhead to come back into the fold then the club is in a very perilous position indeed .

''in the Uk nobody understands what a Global Adviser is''..........too feckin right

I thought that was what Tony Blair was doing now

I think this is a particularly good analysis.

Anyway, I always thought Fester timed his own exit so as to get the maximum for himself. In fact Shebby totally screwed up in his "management" role by giving Kean the opportunity for to claim constructive dismissal-like an expensive own goal!

Wasn't there something about Fester taking a phone call from Hans immediately before resigning.

I allege that the Fester and Hans orchestrated the whole thing, including Fester's (and by definition Hans's) pay out.

I know that Singh's unique combination of faults is a bit deceptive at first .Buffoonery and threat aren't typically seen together. A bit like boredom and extreme fear, which go hand in hand in prison regimes. Make no mistake. This man is a potential threat to our whole future...another one!

• 4 months later...

Singh wanted Kean Out and Sherwood In...what a sh#t, eh? What a buffoon.

Come on, now...think about it - Shebby would have done us just fine if he'd been left to actually enact his ideas.

Oh, and yes, I do realise about how desperate a situation we were in to have to even contemplate Shebby as a saviour...

Come on, now...think about it - Shebby would have done us just fine if he'd been left to actually enact his ideas.

Oh, and yes, I do realise about how desperate a situation we were in to have to even contemplate Shebby as a saviour...

You bumped the thread

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherwood's only managed a dozen games and has a £200m squad at his disposal. A far cry from the working under the Punatics with a gibbering 'global advisor' calling the shots. Sorry if I don't join your Shebby love-In just yet.

Archived