BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

As above, phew!!!!

No plaudits from me in his regard, he was/is a tosser.

Presented Kean with his manufactured 'get out' but suspect any other non-suspecting idiot could have done likewise.

Thankfully (hopefully) unfortunate history, move on.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the story that Singh had a Portuguese agent friend?

Yes, I seem to recall that, also that Portugal was an "untapped market" - like no one had ever looked there before, as though it was hidden under a gigantic euro stone. Hopefully the tap(s) that were fitted by Rovers have since been knocked off if the sheer uselessness of those six signings is anything to go by.

Here's Henning voicing his concern at the recruitment policy at the time: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9913508.Berg__concerned__at_Blackburn_Rovers__recruitment_policy/

Kean distancing himself from the Portugeezers there and wisely putting his reputation behind Rovers legends Danny Murphy and Dickson whatshisface. What a shr£wd cookie he was.

Yes, I seem to recall that, also that Portugal was an "untapped market" - like no one had ever looked there before, as though it was hidden under a gigantic euro stone. Hopefully the tap(s) that were fitted by Rovers have since been knocked off if the sheer uselessness of those six signings is anything to go by.

Here's Henning voicing his concern at the recruitment policy at the time: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/9913508.Berg__concerned__at_Blackburn_Rovers__recruitment_policy/

Kean distancing himself from the Portugeezers there and wisely putting his reputation behind Rovers legends Danny Murphy and Dickson whatshisface. What a shr£wd cookie he was.

Yep. Don't think Singh or any of his apologists could distance him from the Portuguese poo.

I seem to remember it was reported that the agent of several of the Portuguese no marks was the son of a former Malaysian national team manager when Singh won some of his five million caps. Or was this another conspiracy theory...................

No plaudits from me in his regard, he was/is a tosser.

Presented Kean with his manufactured 'get out' but suspect any other non-suspecting idiot could have done likewise.

Well no one had had they? I rem that day, after being told by phone that Kean was out I was almost overwhelmed with euphoria.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. A complete and utter clown. How anyone can find anything to defend in this charlatan is totally beyond me. Anyone can pay way over the odds for players! MGP a pensioner? Radio 5 live? The guy was a total embarrassment.

Couldn't agree more. The only reason some people perceive him as more grey than out and out black is that he arrived in an era of so many really wicked, dishonest, greedy b***s!

• Backroom

Good riddance to bad rubbish. A complete and utter clown. How anyone can find anything to defend in this charlatan is totally beyond me. Anyone can pay way over the odds for players! MGP a pensioner? Radio 5 live? The guy was a total embarrassment.

Absolutely. Praise of Singh reeks of desperation, though for what purpose I have no idea.

Total embarrassment is right. Added to which he had notions of being a Director of Football, which made him very dangerous.

For those stating he wanted Sherwood which shows he had nous - the question should be asked why he wanted someone so inexperienced. IMO it was mainly to allow him to continue to get involved and live out his fantasy as a DoF. Also given the talent at Spurs disposal, it's not too surprising that Sherwood is doing ok. It wasn't as if AVB was doing diabolically badly either....

Pre Singh - absent owners showing no grasp of reality, an agent, Shagnew & Bean, joke signings and players not giving a s#it

Post Singh - a decent manager (morally - football we can argue till christmas), absent owners showing a grasp of reality, players giving a s#it, Shelfy in charge of admin with Bowyer in charge of football.

During Singhs "visible" period - shambolic managerial appointments, infighting and catastrophic PR, nobody in charge

So i would say that some good has come of Singhs presence but it might be more luck than good judgement.... B)

The only thing I recall from that time was that Shebby appeared to be desperate to get a Rovers legend into the picture. At that time it was a very clever thing for him to try and do.

I think you are being very generous here. IMO this was a very obvious, simplistic solution. Get a famous name with a BRFC connection and that will quieten the masses. Henning Berg..I was never convinced..Then .I was frozen with fear at the thought he could go for Shearer..just look at the cv's. And all that was ever required was an experienced manager with a visible track record of getting out of this league.

A bit like that confession phrase..Forgive me Shebby, it is 3 years since our last experienced manager

The only thing I recall from that time was that Shebby appeared to be desperate to get a Rovers legend into the picture. At that time it was a very clever thing for him to try and do.

The first thinking was more than likely get a club name in and try and get some fans back in the ground not whether they were suitable or any good to manage the team.

Guest Norbert

Stare in the mirror on Halloween and say Shebby Singh 3 times makes him Blackburn's Director of Football.

He's a nob, a fraud and a chancer. It is like some have forgotten his interview on 606.

Stare in the mirror on Halloween and say Shebby Singh 3 times makes him Blackburn's Director of Football.

He's a nob, a fraud and a chancer. It is like some have forgotten his interview on 606.

Live at KGH was enough

I thought SS was after Billy Mc, not Sherwood, a guy who had made plenty of money from Rovers whilst having a "mysterious" groin injury that never showed on any scans (allegedly). TS was interested but not with SS, hence him being discounted from the process.

It was evident at the time, as it still is to me now, that an experienced manager was the way to go.

SS was nothing but an incompetent fool, as opposed to the lying, cheating ones who cannot be named. Against such light he may be seen as marginally better, but thats like comparing serial killers.

Singh is a comic character but he is no way as sinister as the Dark Lord. For a complete vomit inducing interview nothing can top that kean Anderson on his personal PR dept... Sky Sports

Singh is a comic character but he is no way as sinister as the Dark Lord. For a complete vomit inducing interview nothing can top that kean Anderson on his personal PR dept... Sky Sports

Something we agree on, the stone he crawled out from under is still wobbling, what an odious piece of kean......he was the cause of our demise, up there with the Loons IMO

Guest Norbert

Oh yes Gordon, team Anderson were the worst, but Shebby was not exactly helping matters.

It's like asking someone what is their favourite STI.

Archived