BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sherwood's only managed a dozen games and has a £200m squad at his disposal. A far cry from the working under the Punatics with a gibbering 'global advisor' calling the shots. Sorry if I don't join your Shebby love-In just yet.

It's a love-in?

....and what's wrong with a bit of bumppage?

Isn't he, after all, still an employee of the club?

Yes? No? Maybe?

- oh and no...I'm not saying we should get him back, but still...only fair to say that Sherwood was his number one choice after Kean left...true or false?

Singh wanted Kean Out and Sherwood In...what a sh#t, eh? What a buffoon.

Come on, now...think about it - Shebby would have done us just fine if he'd been left to actually enact his ideas.

Oh, and yes, I do realise about how desperate a situation we were in to have to even contemplate Shebby as a saviour...

If you forget about all the crap he signed as players. (Rhodes excepted)

• Backroom

If he got Sherwood in and he did well it would have been great but only a matter of time before he said something ridiculous and split the squad again

I tend to believe he wanted Sherwood just because he's a big Spurs fan not down to any acute spotting ability

Oh and he didn't get him either so it makes no odds either way

Shebby wasn't the worst of the bunch - not by far, but we'd be well rid.

If I recall correctly...

Singh spent Rovers' (or Venkys') money by paying off Kean and buying Rhodes.

Nothing on Portuguese crap then?

Shelfie spent the money in Henning Berg's pay-off and some chairs.

It's a love-in?

....and what's wrong with a bit of bumppage?

Isn't he, after all, still an employee of the club?

Yes? No? Maybe?

- oh and no...I'm not saying we should get him back, but still...only fair to say that Sherwood was his number one choice after Kean left...true or false?

Rumours are Sherwood was NEVER that interested in the Rovers job but was using it to try and strengthen his position at Spurs. Recent events have shown that he was after the no 1 spot at WHL. It would have taken a massive offer and budget to prise him away and let's face it things would have gone t'ts up here so it's a non story.

Guest Norbert

My ar$e went then, when I saw this thread as a 'hot' topic'!

Nothing to see.....move along please

Same here. I thought "Oh no, what's he said/done?"

Me too.....Phew..I thought he was coming back or something!

Everyday I look in the Deaths column, but, alas, only disappointment!

There are only two names in the death column that I would cut out and frame.... and none of them is Shebby Singh! I don't know who or why all those Carlos Kickaballs landed here :glare: but imo SS did as much if not more good than bad. Ridding the club of the evil stench of Kean, Anderson and Agnew is worth a hell of a lot in his credit column to all of us. Singh presided over the turnaround in our situation. He would of course have been better advised to stay in the background and keep his gob shut and his head down but that is not the way of egotistical media types is it?

There are only two names in the death column that I would cut out and frame.... and none of them is Shebby Singh! I don't know who or why all those Carlos Kickaballs landed here :glare: but imo SS did as much if not more good than bad.

Something about the Portuguese being Shebby's idea never seemed quite right to me, as it was Kean, not Shebby, with all the Portuguese contacts. Kean (allegedly) even spoke the language.

Something about the Portuguese being Shebby's idea never seemed quite right to me, as it was Kean, not Shebby, with all the Portuguese contacts. Kean (allegedly) even spoke the language.

I could never get my head around the connections and networking there either. With lots of Portugese agents wanting to 'do their best' by their bog average clients and lots of villas looking for owners in that neck of the woods I've always suspected that Dastardly and Muttley might have amassed quite a portfolio of desirable Portuges propertties.

Wasn't the story that Singh had a Portuguese agent friend?

I seem to rem such. Whatever it was in Portugal it was all very murky. How many other clubs have signed overseas players from just one country in this manner?..... apart from watford that is!

There are only two names in the death column that I would cut out and frame.... and none of them is Shebby Singh! I don't know who or why all those Carlos Kickaballs landed here :glare: but imo SS did as much if not more good than bad. Ridding the club of the evil stench of Kean, Anderson and Agnew is worth a hell of a lot in his credit column to all of us. Singh presided over the turnaround in our situation. He would of course have been better advised to stay in the background and keep his gob shut and his head down but that is not the way of egotistical media types is it?

If we are talking about actually cutting out and framing, well that's different. I agree.

Did he get really rid of the evil stench or did one half of the "ownership" just agree to bale out? I don't know, to be honest,but I never really bought the idea of Singh on a white charger, rooting out the devil. What I did hear was his inept, unprofessional, cringe-worthy attempts to buy popularity with the fanbase.

A plague on all their houses!

In terms of a hierarchy of b***s...1 Anderson

2 Kean/Agnew...probably equal?

3 Mme Grim

4 onwards I cannot ascribe accurately...yet, but the list of names would include Scudamore, various football media, brothers Dim...and, it pains me to say,probably, the over willing sellers

I actually agree that Singh wasn't half as bad as the image he portrayed. I never felt he was working for personal and mischevious gain. But then i suppose when your on a whack of 400k p/a you don't really need to.

However, despite his good intentions he was a first class buffoon. His soundbites were frequent and foolhardy. His TV appearances, some of which were discussing quite serious topics, just served to demonstrate he knew the square root of sod all about anything. His links to certain fans and fan groups were ill advised and left him wide open to criticsm as well as casting doubt over the fan groups credibility and intentions.

To his credit he did more than most in ousting Kean, Anderson and Agnew. But the cynic in me wonders if that was less about his own judgement and more about winning favour with the fans. All told, we're best off without Shebby.

Judging by tonights news it sounds as if he might well be working at Fulham anyway!!

If we are talking about actually cutting out and framing, well that's different. I agree.

Did he get really rid of the evil stench or did one half of the "ownership" just agree to bale out? I don't know, to be honest,but I never really bought the idea of Singh on a white charger, rooting out the devil. What I did hear was his inept, unprofessional, cringe-worthy attempts to buy popularity with the fanbase.

A plague on all their houses!

In terms of a hierarchy of b***s...1 Anderson

2 Kean/Agnew...probably equal?

3 Mme Grim

4 onwards I cannot ascribe accurately...yet, but the list of names would include Scudamore, various football media, brothers Dim...and, it pains me to say,probably, the over willing sellers

Leave Scott out of this!

I seem to remember him getting a great reception from the travelling Rovers fans at Turd Moor last season!

He did more good than most... and his heart was in the right place unlike some of the other moron's.

When some people starting cheering him and he started lapping it up at Turf Moor it was embarrasing. The guy is a complete tosser.

Archived