BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Status Quo? Our club is currently led by someone who the owners recently said was oeprating outside his authority. As far as I can see that is the sum total of the senior management structure at the club. This club is still in danger of crumbling in on itself under the weight of huge outgoings being far in excess of limited incomings. We need to restructure the club completely, get rid of Shaw, continue to sideline Shebby, appont a CEO, appoint someone to look after the commercial side of the club and appoint someone to work above or alongside GB on the football side to look after players' contracts, signings etc. That might start to put things in order but after 3 years we haven't taken a single step towards this yet so I'm not holding my breath. For me the status quo is a downward spiral which will end up with us being bankrupt.

I'm not saying they SHOULD, I'm saying that they MIGHT. They already have somebody looking after the commercial side of things - Greg Coar, big Rovers fan and been at the club for years. I think that Bowyer has done a good enough job in terms of the transfer business and would suggest bringing somebody in above him would just create more uncertainty... I agree about potting Shaw although bringing in a Finance Director is probably top priority at the moment.

Not sure about the bankrupt bit as shipping out Gomes, Murphy, Givet, and Pedersen will be saving the club in the region of £4m to £5m per year.

The picture is far from rosy, but it is neither the doomsday scenario that certain posters on here would have had you believe over the last 12 months or so...

Avoid defeat to Burnley next week and I think the phrase on most people lips will be 'cautious optimism' :rover:

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree we have cut our costs but fear that we have chipped away at an iceburg with a toothpick. I suppode if Venkys are prepared to lose massively over the next year or so a lot of what has gone wrong could be improved on but are they prepared to do that? Who knows, I doubt they do? Conversely, lose against Burnley and it's total meltdown.

The picture is far from rosy, but it is neither the doomsday scenario that certain posters on here would have had you believe over the last 12 months or so...

Avoid defeat to Burnley next week and I think the phrase on most people lips will be 'cautious optimism' :rover:

Actually I think the 2 words will be **** ing brilliant, especially if we actually beat them!

On the latest podcast Kamy and Wen discuss the whole structure of the club - I tend to agree with them in that until we are sorted out behind-the-scenes we shouldn't expect too much on the pitch. Our exec structure is a shambles, and even with the best manager/players, this is not sustainable.

Unfortunately Venkys have a proven record of wanting 'yes men' in charge who will tell them everything is fine.

This was posted on the Blackburn Rovers Supporters facebook page by Matt 'Wally" Walford. i am posting it as it appears...what are your views on this??? https://www.facebook.com/groups/brfcsupporters/?hc_location=stream Henning Berg needs a huge thank you from fans of Blackburn Rovers. Not just for his playing career, during which tme he became our most successful player in almost a century. But more importantly for saving us from dodgy outside influences. (granted, it was unwittingly)

If not for the court case fiasco last year i fear we would be heading to league one or bankrupcy (or both).

After Shaw being used as a scapegoat, despite their being no evidence other than certain peoples testemony, he was subsiquently cleared of all wrong doing. This lead to an internal investigation and an eye opener for Venkys. Up till then they had been receaving advice from certain people who had no interest in the club, only what they could get from the club. Agnew, Singh and Anderson, the un-holy trinity of evil were found out and now have zero involvment in the goings on at the club, with Agnew, the only one on BRFC's payroll being fired (the other 2 had no official position with BRFC or they would have been too).

Yet Shaw is still here? a lot of fans would ad Shaw to the trio of parasites named above, yet after the court case aswell as the internal investigations he is still in a job. If he was so corrupt, why would that be? Lets go back to Paul Hunt, Under the early reign of Venkys Hunt came under a lot of kean by fans (myself included) for things happening, yet it was only when a ltter was leaked that the truth came out, that hunt was raising the same concerns as the fans and was questioning the wisdom of following the advice of certain people. Yet when he questioned the owners privately the letter was leaked to the media (worth noting Agnew, who was press officer at the time was then elevated into hunts possition - coincidence, ill let you decide)

Since the investigation has run its course, Venkys have been speaking to club directors with regards to club business, instead of outside advisors then telling the directors what is happening like it or lump it. They have also kept our best players, while offloading the high earning dead wood aswell as giving the manager the freedom to buy his own players (within an agreed budget) and that has started to show benefits on the pitch. Despite early results people have said how refreshing it is to see the players working for each other and trying to bass the ball about.

Just saying if not for Bergs contract fiasco, chances are Venkys would still be surrounded by self serving parasites willing to facilitate in the death of BRFC as long as it lined their own pockets.

While it is hard to forgive and forget the last 3 years i think Venkys should be allowed to start again from here with a clean slate (and Shaw too who i think has had the arse end of a rough deal)

This was posted on the Blackburn Rovers Supporters facebook page by Matt 'Wally" Walford. i am posting it as it appears...what are your views on this??? https://www.facebook.com/groups/brfcsupporters/?hc_location=stream Henning Berg needs a huge thank you from fans of Blackburn Rovers. Not just for his playing career, during which tme he became our most successful player in almost a century. But more importantly for saving us from dodgy outside influences. (granted, it was unwittingly)[/size]

If not for the court case fiasco last year i fear we would be heading to league one or bankrupcy (or both).[/size]After Shaw being used as a scapegoat, despite their being no evidence other than certain peoples testemony, he was subsiquently cleared of all wrong doing. This lead to an internal investigation and an eye opener for Venkys. Up till then they had been receaving advice from certain people who had no interest in the club, only what they could get from the club. Agnew, Singh and Anderson, the un-holy trinity of evil were found out and now have zero involvment in the goings on at the club, with Agnew, the only one on BRFC's payroll being fired (the other 2 had no official posi[/size]tion with BRFC or they would have been too).

Yet Shaw is still here? a lot of fans would ad Shaw to the trio of parasites named above, yet after the court case aswell as the internal investigations he is still in a job. If he was so corrupt, why would that be? Lets go back to Paul Hunt, Under the early reign of Venkys Hunt came under a lot of kean by fans (myself included) for things happening, yet it was only when a ltter was leaked that the truth came out, that hunt was raising the same concerns as the fans and was questioning the wisdom of following the advice of certain people. Yet when he questioned the owners privately the letter was leaked to the media (worth noting Agnew, who was press officer at the time was then elevated into hunts possition - coincidence, ill let you decide)

Since the investigation has run its course, Venkys have been speaking to club directors with regards to club business, instead of outside advisors then telling the directors what is happening like it or lump it. They have also kept our best players, while offloading the high earning dead wood aswell as giving the manager the freedom to buy his own players (within an agreed budget) and that has started to show benefits on the pitch. Despite early results people have said how refreshing it is to see the players working for each other and trying to bass the ball about.

Just saying if not for Bergs contract fiasco, chances are Venkys would still be surrounded by self serving parasites willing to facilitate in the death of BRFC as long as it lined their own pockets.

While it is hard to forgive and forget the last 3 years i think Venkys should be allowed to start again from here with a clean slate (and Shaw too who i think has had the arse end of a rough deal)[/size]

Frankly, I think it's worthy of its own thread as opposed to being lost in another.

I think if he hasn't have asked for a pay rise, Paul Hunt wound have been a hero.

A lot of people went straight to that rather than listening to what he was actually saying. Maybe Venkys did the same - under advice?

Had he been listened to we might have got there a lot sooner and with a lot less heartache.

I think if he hasn't have asked for a pay rise, Paul Hunt wound have been a hero.

A lot of people went straight to that rather than listening to what he was actually saying. Maybe Venkys did the same - under advice?

Had he been listened to we might have got there a lot sooner and with a lot less heartache.

Good point. I had forgotten all that.

Firstly, it was an unbelievably bad, tactical error from Paul to put the pay rise request in the same letter I really cringed, when I read it.

No two ways about it It was like a tragic hero's fatal flaw....He allowed his concern for his wallet to get n the way of his other important messages....IMO...

It allowed Venky's and others to dismiss his crucial messages as merely self seeking. The rest is history....

While it is hard to forgive and forget the last 3 years i think Venkys should be allowed to start again from here with a clean slate (and Shaw too who i think has had the arse end of a rough deal)

Clean slate?

I'll give them some grudging respect once they start making right their wrongs. Theres a hell of a long way to go on those grounds.

Hardly deserves it's own thread and it surely can't come as much of a shock to anyone...

ian herbert @ianherbs 4m

Six Championship clubs spent £1m+ on agent fees in 2012/13. Rovers £3.5m, Cardiff £1.8, #wolves £1.6, Palace £1.3, Leeds £1.28, Forest £1.2

http://www.football-league.co.uk/publications/20130906/league-publishes-201213-agents-fees-report_2293631_3446970

Some people have done alright out of us haven't they?

• 3 weeks later...

Well ye ya know like, Robbie, the circus always comes back as it's a circle like isn't it. The circus comes for a short time and then it goes away and then it always returns doesn't it like as always and everybody has fun don't they. Fun in circles is what everyone wants Robbie and that's the circus greatest strength, isn't it, everybody has fun in a big circle. Everybody likes fun don't they as we all love to be entertained and to smile because they're entertained and having fun, like, ya know. And that's what I bring to the table Robbie, entertainment and fun, cause I am the like the circus and everybody loves the circus, don't they?

Tickets on sale Monday lads roll up the circus is coming to town.

Archived