BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Everyone knows how I feel about Phil Jones and the first rule of clubmaji is we don't talk about it. but again its one every ten years. I'm sorry I just don't see what everyone sees in Hanley, great he gets stuck in and makes tackles but he doesn't know what to do when he's got it. He's nothing like he should be physically he's packing a few and all this tells me is one thing. Mentally he's not the best he needs to sort it. It's a common trait IMHO these days that people do what they want or desire, not what they need to do. I see that in Hanley and that's personality and changing that is very difficult. We'll see.

19-20, not much time left to develop. You never know. Please bare in mind we're in the championship so doing alright at this level at that age doesn't make me 100% they'll make the strides needed for a 10 year premier league career. That's no mean feet. With the ones you mention talent stands out and really stands out and that's the issue. Do they stand out? One good year at this level and the bigger teams will come sniffing (Kean N Henley) we could get good fees for them who knows these days as I'd never in a million years part with 15m Zaha, mugged.

In the grand scale of things youth development here is behind others eg brazil, spain, holland, france, germany, belgium, etc etc. But I'll never be a man to be happy at being the best of the worst and that's exactly how I perceive what you're saying. It's not in me.

1 player in ten years for £2.5M a season? I can think of better ways to spend 25M at a club of our size and I'm very pro-youth development. It's a new era over here with the EPPP and we'll see how that progresses. As god knows it needs to progress as has been clearly shown by the decline of all the british nations we suck at the game we invented these days. We've sat on our laurels, believing we're the best and everyone's run straight best impersonating Nelson Muntz. But there have been teething issues with the EPPP and none of the smaller clubs IE cat 3's have been inspected yet, we'll see what happens.

Maji for that one player along with the others, the academy has generated far more than the £2.5m needed annually to operate. A figure of grossing in academy player sales of £33m plus over six years was being banded about recently which aint bad going for a club like Rovers.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think people are being a bit harsh on Hanley. His development at the club over the last two years won't have been helped by the constant changes in managers, and also it's obvious that the fitness training has been a joke. Olsson admitted as much when he said the players get knackered after 70mins. The last 2 years pre-season have been overseen by Kean, enough said really. As for Hanley not knowing what to do with the ball, i'm sure he ran the length of the pitch with it to get a penalty not long ago. Not bad for a clueless fat lad!

A lot of our better players IE those that have made us those millions have signed in the later stages of the academy process. We could run an 18 and a 16's for significantly less and still have had all those £££££. 2 teams or 10 plus shadow squads so min 20? I just keep my scouts and lose a massive part of my 2.5M or say a 1st team player. Jones and Dunn for me are the key players we have brought through our academy as they've been here all the way through and this is the whole point. Why do I need an under 8's? if we've never brought through a player from there. The current movement is all about this ensuring players progress all the way through from start to finish. And this is exactly how they do it on the continent it's just like school. Hence they produce the numbers they do but more importantly as you've all said the money. I don't think it's unrealistic to expect one premier league player a season and what price a british premier league player 7.5-10M. And that's the standard as I'm fairly sure there are conditions in the EPPP surrounding the production of players and the standard. 1 in 10 won't cut the mustard for cat1 and they want to see progression from start to finish and at cat1 that means premier league standard players.

Maj, hasn't a rule been introduced limiting the amount of money that league clubs can sell a player for? I seem to remember the outrage in here because once again it was skewed in favour of the PL.

The days of making millions on academy produced players are over aren't they?

Think people are being a bit harsh on Hanley. His development at the club over the last two years won't have been helped by the constant changes in managers, and also it's obvious that the fitness training has been a joke. Olsson admitted as much when he said the players get knackered after 70mins. The last 2 years pre-season have been overseen by Kean, enough said really. As for Hanley not knowing what to do with the ball, i'm sure he ran the length of the pitch with it to get a penalty not long ago. Not bad for a clueless fat lad!

Hanley is at his natural level imo.

Okay I'll put this here, direct from the LET Gary Bowyer s interview. No doubt Jal wont believe a word ^_^

I’ve not been told that we have to sell anybody, that’s been perfectly clear,” Bowyer said.

“I’m aware that we’re making funds available to sign people already, like we have done. We’ll be competitive in the market.

“I don’t think there’s any pressure to reduce the wage bill. Obviously with the financial fair play there’s a lot of talk about that at the moment so that’s something we have to look at, but there’s no indication to say you must reduce the wage bill by a certain amount.

“But I’m fully aware of the fact that one or two players might want to leave.

“If that’s the case then we would have to strike the best deal for the club.”

Asked if keeping Rhodes was a priority this summer, he said: “Very much so. I’m not talking about letting him go. I think the figures that people talk about, I don’t entertain it at the moment.

“He was fantastic for this football club last season and we’re wanting to build a team around him and reproduce what he did last season and be better. We’ll be setting him that target.

“He got pipped at the post by Glenn Murray as the top goalscorer in the division, and we want him to be top goalscorer next season. Hopefully that then fires us to promotion.”

He did didnt he ! so who is telling the truth.

Yep. BBC website about the signing of the freebies

"Colin did fine for us, but he's highly paid. He's on Premier League money and we've got to trim the budget."

Yep. BBC website about the signing of the freebies

"Colin did fine for us, but he's highly paid. He's on Premier League money and we've got to trim the budget."

Wonder what Egyptian Pete and others thoughts are on GB's comments now.

"theres no indication to say you must reduce the wage bill by a certain amount."

Bit worrying if he genuinely thinks that.

What does he think we have to reduce the budget for? Chairs? Shelves?

Wonder what Egyptian Pete and others thoughts are on GB's comments now.

I would answer if i knew what your inference is/was, Colin Kazim Richards was on loan, so he has gone back to turkey, not a major loss at all, freed some dosh for other players, i am assuming others will follow as GB stated some may want to leave so we will get the best we can for Blackburn Rovers, is that not the case at every football club, certainly in the championship i would imagine, we have a massive squad that needs trimming that is obvious to everyone, so Jal what has GB said that is negative,

"theres no indication to say you must reduce the wage bill by a certain amount."

Bit worrying if he genuinely thinks that.

What does he think we have to reduce the budget for? Chairs? Shelves?

Okay being pedantic lets see this through, Fringe players will if possible, and we can ship them out will go, that goes for the mistakes of the last three transfer windows as well, this will free up wages, I think GB is saying he dosent have to reduce the wage bill of his perceived star players who will be on decent money if he wants to keep them.

I would answer if i knew what your inference is/was, Colin Kazim Richards was on loan, so he has gone back to turkey, not a major loss at all, freed some dosh for other players, i am assuming others will follow as GB stated some may want to leave so we will get the best we can for Blackburn Rovers, is that not the case at every football club, certainly in the championship i would imagine, we have a massive squad that needs trimming that is obvious to everyone, so Jal what has GB said that is negative,

Absolutely nothing, never said he had Pete, and wouldnt expect him to say anything negative.

Okay being pedantic lets see this through, Fringe players will if possible, and we can ship them out will go, that goes for the mistakes of the last three transfer windows as well, this will free up wages, I think GB is saying he dosent have to reduce the wage bill of his perceived star players who will be on decent money if he wants to keep them.

That's not what he said but ok if that's your take on it.

I hope you are right and we lose all the players who we don't think are good enough for us but other teams want. Sadly I think it will be the other way around. It's a cliché managers say every transfer window. Then the best players leave.

Let's just hope Gary can put together a side with the quality to compete.

Absolutely nothing, never said he had Pete, and wouldnt expect him to say anything negative.

Okay i see where you are coming from

That's not what he said but ok if that's your take on it.

I hope you are right and we lose all the players who we don't think are good enough for us but other teams want. Sadly I think it will be the other way around. It's a cliché managers say every transfer window. Then the best players leave.

Let's just hope Gary can put together a side with the quality to compete.

Me too, all about debate and how people see things differently but mean the same.

trimming the budget is inevitable but in the case of CKR it could also be an excuse a more polite way of saying he will not be back because he is on premier league wages and he is not worth them.

Hope you are right but others may see it as Come and make a bid for any of our players as were skint.

Time will tell.

On the topic of trimming the budget, just heard on Talksport from Palace's Chairman that Rovers, Bolton and Wolves all get £6m more than we originally expected from this years parachute payment due to the new TV deal.

Now this may have been already budgeted for as the deal has been known about for a while, but that money could be the difference in keeping certain players at the club. Likewise it could just be drained by the likes of Murphy in the form of wages.

I'm speculating wildly here but maybe this is why we don't need to drastically cut the wage bill as Bowyer made out.

Archived