BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Thanks guys.

Only a matter of time.

Where are the boo boys now.

I expect a full apology once its confirmed.

Really? A member of one of the uncontacted tribes in Brazil could have told you Rhodes would move this summer if the price was right. Fair play if you get the club right but that doesn't exactly matter one jot to anyone at Rovers. Now the price would have been impressive but I'm still very doubtful you'll be right on that, £10m maybe, can't see it being under that. So of the 3 pieces of information in your original prediction we've got obvious, irrelevant and unconfirmed.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't blame him if he left, but I'd be gutted. I think he probably will leave, but not to Hull. I just can't see them spending most of their survival budget/wages on an unproven premiership striker. Whereas they can get Austin for cheaper who is a similar player to Rhodes

• Backroom

Said all along I think he'll leave for less than £10m and still believe he will

No insight just common sense thinking

Naive or not, Rhodes leaving would make me feel even more disillusioned if that's possible. He is the ONE good thing about Rovers nowadays. However, with the League One players we are signing and even apparent interest in a promoted League Two player, it's no wonder Jordan would see us as unambitious.

Kind of makes a mockery of the 'jam tomorrow' 2014/15 Season Ticket scheme.

If he does leave then who on earth are we gonna get as his replacement? Would there even be a replacement?

I think we've already signed him...

David-Goodwillie-Blackburn-Rovers-Profil

Said all along I think he'll leave for less than £10m and still believe he will

No insight just common sense thinking

I have no doubt that he wants to play in the premier league but we signed him for 8 million on a 5 year contract. Venkys may be a lot of things but I don't recall them selling anyone on the cheap and I would be astonished if we sold him for less than 10 million.

I think 12 - 15 million is more realistic but would Hull pay that much ?

If he does leave then who on earth are we gonna get as his replacement? Would there even be a replacement?

Sell Rhodes for 8m and give 4m to Burnley for Austin. Job done. :tu: Before anyone whinges just rem that this time last season none of us had even heard of Jordan Rhodes.

If the top of your organisation included Venkys, Shagnew and Shabby who repeatedly showed themselves up as fools, liars and scumbags would you be keen to hang around if you got another offer? Any solid interest and he will go if he has any sense.

I have no doubt that he wants to play in the premier league but we signed him for 8 million on a 5 year contract. Venkys may be a lot of things but I don't recall them selling anyone on the cheap and I would be astonished if we sold him for less than 10 million.

Depends how desperate we are financially...

Sell Rhodes for 8m and give 4m to Burnley for Austin. Job done. :tu: Before anyone whinges just rem that this time last season none of us had even heard of Jordan Rhodes.

Why would Austin come to Rovers?? Such is how much our stock has fallen...

Would it be wise of Bruce to splash two thirds of his transfer budget on one player, who is unproven at that level, there are dozens of top

strikers in Spain looking for moves as their clubs can't afford their wages, Spanish football is virtually bankrupt apart from the Real and Barca

apparently.

I can't see Hull being that stupid and they won't get the bricklayer on the cheap either.

As long as we can at the very least get back what we paid for him plus big future add ons & and a future sell on percentage, then its not the end of the world(though obviously would be a shame to see him go) as long as the money is used to strengthen the squad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I still don't think he'll be allowed to leave so easily.

Wasn't it magic pen Derek and his good friend from PNE days (D Moyes brother) that sorted the contract? , so god knows what's in or not in it , just hope Derek managed to check someone else's work this time. Still nice little earner in it for some people if he does move, regardless what Rovers get and let's face it that's what a Venky's on paper owned Blackburn Rovers is all about.

If true he has been unsettled by the influence of others in the dressing room then that is very worrying, as Rhodes seems to be quite an honest down to earth individual

Know there was various rumours about how we paid Huddersfield , was it paid all at once or are we paying in installments?

24 hours ago I would of said no chance , but one or two things have occurred in last 24 hours which could see Rhodes wave goodbye .

Certain influences within playing / coaching side has Rhodes now pondering his future .

Be a big blow , as rovers do not want to sell him , I guess now it will come down to how paternalistic people are at convincing the boy that Rovers is the place to be .

That old chestnut of strong personalities/ strong management will determine the outcome :-(

Excellent. Another summer of "I know what's going on but will only put out vague hints that fuel a hundred rumours" scoops.

Venky's out

Cryer says nothing in the Rhodes to hull thing I can't see us selling him and I can't see him forcing a move just yet. If we're not challenging next season then it might be different

Cryer says nothing in the Rhodes to hull thing I can't see us selling him and I can't see him forcing a move just yet. If we're not challenging next season then it might be different

No official bid from anyone yet.

However his representatives reckons a bid £12 million bid from a unamed club (£10 million plus £2 million incentive based payments) could come in over next few days.

No idea if it will be accepted or not but just at this moment there is no official bid.

No official bid from anyone yet.

However his representatives reckons a bid £12 million bid from a unamed club (£10 million plus £2 million incentive based payments) could come in over next few days.

No idea if it will be accepted or not but just at this moment there is no official bid.

I'll take a guess at West Ham.

Jordan Rhodes is a top goal scorer and we would miss him no doubt.

However his all round game is not good enough to single handedly get us out of the division (imo). I also think that we will accept a bid of 12 million for him, is Bowyer good enough to find us a replacement? Guess we will find out soon enough :(

Jordan Rhodes is a top goal scorer and we would miss him no doubt.

However his all round game is not good enough to single handedly get us out of the division (imo). I also think that we will accept a bid of 12 million for him, is Bowyer good enough to find us a replacement? Guess we will find out soon enough :(

This kind of sour grapes attitude frustates me. We shouldn't be asking him to do it single-handedly, we should be building a team around him.

No doubt once he is gone we'll get more of these types of posts.

Archived