BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

I really cant see Rovers selling Rhodes at all.

Hull look more interested in Austin who will cost around 4 million according to media reports and isn't on Rhodes 40k a week wages.

can see Dann and Martin Olsson being sold tho

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really cant see Rovers selling Rhodes at all.

Hull look more interested in Austin who will cost around 4 million according to media reports and isn't on Rhodes 40k a week wages.

can see Dann and Martin Olsson being sold tho

Basically if any Prem club anywhere wants one of our players they are gone. For those still a little unfamiliar with the lower leagues it's a fact of life down here.

Basically if any Prem club anywhere wants one of our players they are gone. For those still a little unfamiliar with the lower leagues it's a fact of life down here.

But only at a fair price so add his costs to his wages and he will take up a huge part of any promoted clubs budgets so who does he go to?

If Dann leaves we'll need to get an experienced leader in. A defence of Henley, Kane, Hanley and/or O'Connell (for example) would need an old head to guide them.

Don't forget Bowyers old youth player from Derby Evatt is joining as well.

Dann can go he's pants and can't head the ball, get Givet fit and playing and he'll be than ample to lead those kiddies.

Good question do we ?

Ryan Edwards and Jack O'Connell are very good centre back defenders. O'Connell captained the England under 19's team at the weekend.

Raheem Hanley looks decent at left back.

O'Sullivan and Fernandez look very good prospects for the future and expect both to be involve in the first team this coming season.

Forrester look very good for reserves side last season. he's a striker we signed from Everton in January.

I fully expect Givet to leave cos he wanted to leave last season.

Think Dann will go if we got a offer of 4 to 5 million think he would go. Evatt is a decent signing. but would still like to first choice CB back in. not Bramble or Kilgallon tho. Maybe Mike Williamson from Newcastle if we can get him in.

Ryan Edwards and Jack O'Connell are very good centre back defenders. O'Connell captained the England under 19's team at the weekend.

Raheem Hanley looks decent at left back.

O'Sullivan and Fernandez look very good prospects for the future and expect both to be involve in the first team this coming season.

Forrester look very good for reserves side last season. he's a striker we signed from Everton in January.

I fully expect Givet to leave cos he wanted to leave last season.

Think Dann will go if we got a offer of 4 to 5 million think he would go. Evatt is a decent signing. but would still like to first choice CB back in. not Bramble or Kilgallon tho. Maybe Mike Williamson from Newcastle if we can get him in.

Chaddy Edwards is never ready for our first team, O'Connell as support only as he can play LB and CB. Raheem is all pace nothing more, O'Sullivan is decent as is fernandes but again they're not ready. Forrester isn't all that either and scoring goals in the EDL is less than league two.

Phil Jones has blinded people our academy is decent nothing more and most of those will be lucky to carve out a career.

Chaddy Edwards is never ready for our first team, O'Connell as support only as he can play LB and CB. Raheem is all pace nothing more, O'Sullivan is decent as is fernandes but again they're not ready. Forrester isn't all that either and scoring goals in the EDL is less than league two.

Phil Jones has blinded people our academy is decent nothing more and most of those will be lucky to carve out a career.

Find that a bit harsh mate. Just in recent history you can look at Simon Garner, Jason Wilcox, David Dunn, Damien Duff as past examples. Or Jake Kean breaking through, Alan Judge who went on to developing pretty well, Grant Hanley, and Adam Henley who are being tipped to going on to big things.

Find that a bit harsh mate. Just in recent history you can look at Simon Garner, Jason Wilcox, David Dunn, Damien Duff as past examples. Or Jake Kean breaking through, Alan Judge who went on to developing pretty well, Grant Hanley, and Adam Henley who are being tipped to going on to big things.

We've populated the lower leagues on a regular basis as well. Keith Treacy, Matt Derbyshire, Alex Marrow, Frank Fielding, Jay McEveley. Probably more that I can't remember.

Gavin Gunning and Aaron Doran have been playing well in Scotland. Then there's Paul Gallagher, Raffaele De Vita (remember him, just spent two years at Swindon), Joel Byrom, Joe Garner, Marcus Marshall, Andy Taylor, Peter Thorne, Anthony Williams, Ben Burgess....they've all forged careers in the Championsip or League 1/2.

Then you've got obviously Martin Olsson and Hoilett, along with Wilcox, Beattie, Marlon Broomes, Damien Johnson, Jon Walters, Anthony Pilkington and even Kevin Pezzoni.

Not terribly fussed if he went. Decent championship player but I dont think he'd do particularly well in the prem. He's not worth £10m so if anyone is willing to pay it then let him go. I'd rather he stay simply because I know we'd buy a useless replacement but there are far bigger issues at the club. Selling Jordan Rhodes is the least of our worries.

Not terribly fussed if he went. Decent championship player but I dont think he'd do particularly well in the prem. He's not worth £10m so if anyone is willing to pay it then let him go. I'd rather he stay simply because I know we'd buy a useless replacement but there are far bigger issues at the club. Selling Jordan Rhodes is the least of our worries.

Rhodes is the least of our worries? If we lose him then next season we are league 1 for sure!

Wasn't the issue with the future and not the past?

Indeed, but the last line leaves it open.

I've more than said my bit on here about our youth way way back in 08/09 when I first came on. Yes we produced loads of lower league players and let some right beauties through our fingers Podolski for example. Anyway what good is a premier league academy that produces players for the lower leagues? Isn't the whole point to get them in the first team? I'd also check the ages of some of those that did make our 1st team, when they signed for us. Duff being the main one as at 16 when he joined I hardly think the academy deserves all the credit, far from it.

@#/? it.

OK look here's my honest opinion:

Kean doesn't look out of place and has done alright so far, lets be patient on this one as it's a role that requires a certain resilience and mental strength. One season isn't enough to see for sure. I'd like to see him play again next season with a bit more stability around him to see how he progresses. Good shot stopper but I'd like to see better organisation from him especially with the young back four we could have next year. Needs to be more dominant in his area as well.

Henley, I like him but positionally weak, getting injured a lot and his games based on pace (that's not good at his stage and a hammy). Clearly has a hamstring inbalance as he's had a few now and nothings being done about it. Trouble is they are @#/?s to repair and once gone tend to go again and again. I would question his training and physical development. But he played for United before rovers and I'm not 100% when he joined 14? Could be good injuries are a big worry as his best asset is his pace. I'd also like to see his mental side improve, decision making, concentration.

Hanley, He's big he's Strong, he's got nothing between his ears. If offered anything as reported £4M, I'd bit they're hands off as whilst he'll play this level I don't think he'll play successfully and consistently in the EPL. We'll see but he needs to have a better lifestyle, much better.

Raheem, I've seen him at left back and wasn't too impressed, lots of running. but he's a CM now I believe? So pass.

Lowe, a midfielder, he can't pass. moving on.

Jack O'Connell, he'll do well but signed for us having never been anywhere else at 18/17. wasn't scouted either by all accounts he was pushed in.

Edwards, the lad really struggled at Rochdale and hardly tore up trees this year either. I can see him playing league one or two,but he's never ready for this league.

Fernandez, we've been hearing about this one for ages and I'm still waiting bit like the next Gerrard Cotton. Not convinced as if they are as good as people say they should have played by now. seen both once and was not impressed.

Forrester, we'll see if the release from Everton is the kick he needed, as he defo needed one by all accounts. but at 18 he's evertons.

We are aiming to be a category one academy, so one of the top 15 or so in the country and all we have ever produced is lower leaguers. Dunn, Wilcox good players but 1 every 10 years? you'd be better off doing a wigan and not bothering, it's too expensive. A cat1 academy should be producing premier league players and whilst Kean and henley look like they may play there, they haven't. Again we'll see how everyone gets on over time. The other factor is Bowyer, he is a very good developer of players and he's had the current crop since 16. he was their manager at 16-18, then promoted and their manager again 18-20?? And now he's their first team manager. So consequently he's not bringing the kids through anymore. Will the next generations get the quality he obviously brought to the role????? McPhilips as well, he's followed Gary at every step and is very well thought of. They're defo a duo..

I don't just wanna sit here and pick holes in your post Maj, but there's no mention of Phil Jones that I can see, as well as forgetting that Hanley has produced consistently decent performances in the Prem in the 2nd half of last season, under Steve Kean no less.

With Henley etc, well yea, they're like 19 or whatever, a good 10 years until they've reached their prime. Most players their age will be far from the finished product. Maybe not the 21 year old Isco who is probably going to either Real Madrid or CIty. Or Jones who went to Utd.

Our academy maybe isn't anything more than decent but which English teams' is? Southampton? Palace? Utd? 2/3 players maybe for the first two and United.....yea but with the pick of the world's players pretty much. Welbeck, Cleverley, are they really anything special?

Look at Liverpool, Chelsea, even Arsenal to an extent. How many first teamers came from there?

I don't just wanna sit here and pick holes in your post Maj, but.......... as well as forgetting that Hanley has produced consistently decent performances in the Prem in the 2nd half of last season, under Steve Kean no less.

Yeah sure he did. Was that during your experimental period with drugs? ;)

Hanley was exposed as a bit of a lummox in the prem. An oil tanker turned faster

Bloody hell :blink:

I don't just wanna sit here and pick holes in your post Maj, but there's no mention of Phil Jones that I can see, as well as forgetting that Hanley has produced consistently decent performances in the Prem in the 2nd half of last season, under Steve Kean no less.

With Henley etc, well yea, they're like 19 or whatever, a good 10 years until they've reached their prime. Most players their age will be far from the finished product. Maybe not the 21 year old Isco who is probably going to either Real Madrid or CIty. Or Jones who went to Utd.

Our academy maybe isn't anything more than decent but which English teams' is? Southampton? Palace? Utd? 2/3 players maybe for the first two and United.....yea but with the pick of the world's players pretty much. Welbeck, Cleverley, are they really anything special?

Look at Liverpool, Chelsea, even Arsenal to an extent. How many first teamers came from there?

Everyone knows how I feel about Phil Jones and the first rule of clubmaji is we don't talk about it. but again its one every ten years. I'm sorry I just don't see what everyone sees in Hanley, great he gets stuck in and makes tackles but he doesn't know what to do when he's got it. He's nothing like he should be physically he's packing a few and all this tells me is one thing. Mentally he's not the best he needs to sort it. It's a common trait IMHO these days that people do what they want or desire, not what they need to do. I see that in Hanley and that's personality and changing that is very difficult. We'll see.

19-20, not much time left to develop. You never know. Please bare in mind we're in the championship so doing alright at this level at that age doesn't make me 100% they'll make the strides needed for a 10 year premier league career. That's no mean feet. With the ones you mention talent stands out and really stands out and that's the issue. Do they stand out? One good year at this level and the bigger teams will come sniffing (Kean N Henley) we could get good fees for them who knows these days as I'd never in a million years part with 15m Zaha, mugged.

In the grand scale of things youth development here is behind others eg brazil, spain, holland, france, germany, belgium, etc etc. But I'll never be a man to be happy at being the best of the worst and that's exactly how I perceive what you're saying. It's not in me.

1 player in ten years for £2.5M a season? I can think of better ways to spend 25M at a club of our size and I'm very pro-youth development. It's a new era over here with the EPPP and we'll see how that progresses. As god knows it needs to progress as has been clearly shown by the decline of all the british nations we suck at the game we invented these days. We've sat on our laurels, believing we're the best and everyone's run straight best impersonating Nelson Muntz. But there have been teething issues with the EPPP and none of the smaller clubs IE cat 3's have been inspected yet, we'll see what happens.

Indeed, but the last line leaves it open.

I've more than said my bit on here about our youth way way back in 08/09 when I first came on. Yes we produced loads of lower league players and let some right beauties through our fingers Podolski for example. Anyway what good is a premier league academy that produces players for the lower leagues? Isn't the whole point to get them in the first team? I'd also check the ages of some of those that did make our 1st team, when they signed for us. Duff being the main one as at 16 when he joined I hardly think the academy deserves all the credit, far from it.

@#/? it.

OK look here's my honest opinion:

Kean doesn't look out of place and has done alright so far, lets be patient on this one as it's a role that requires a certain resilience and mental strength. One season isn't enough to see for sure. I'd like to see him play again next season with a bit more stability around him to see how he progresses. Good shot stopper but I'd like to see better organisation from him especially with the young back four we could have next year. Needs to be more dominant in his area as well.

Henley, I like him but positionally weak, getting injured a lot and his games based on pace (that's not good at his stage and a hammy). Clearly has a hamstring inbalance as he's had a few now and nothings being done about it. Trouble is they are @#/?s to repair and once gone tend to go again and again. I would question his training and physical development. But he played for United before rovers and I'm not 100% when he joined 14? Could be good injuries are a big worry as his best asset is his pace. I'd also like to see his mental side improve, decision making, concentration.

Hanley, He's big he's Strong, he's got nothing between his ears. If offered anything as reported £4M, I'd bit they're hands off as whilst he'll play this level I don't think he'll play successfully and consistently in the EPL. We'll see but he needs to have a better lifestyle, much better.

Raheem, I've seen him at left back and wasn't too impressed, lots of running. but he's a CM now I believe? So pass.

Lowe, a midfielder, he can't pass. moving on.

Jack O'Connell, he'll do well but signed for us having never been anywhere else at 18/17. wasn't scouted either by all accounts he was pushed in.

Edwards, the lad really struggled at Rochdale and hardly tore up trees this year either. I can see him playing league one or two,but he's never ready for this league.

Fernandez, we've been hearing about this one for ages and I'm still waiting bit like the next Gerrard Cotton. Not convinced as if they are as good as people say they should have played by now. seen both once and was not impressed.

Forrester, we'll see if the release from Everton is the kick he needed, as he defo needed one by all accounts. but at 18 he's evertons.

We are aiming to be a category one academy, so one of the top 15 or so in the country and all we have ever produced is lower leaguers. Dunn, Wilcox good players but 1 every 10 years? you'd be better off doing a wigan and not bothering, it's too expensive. A cat1 academy should be producing premier league players and whilst Kean and henley look like they may play there, they haven't. Again we'll see how everyone gets on over time. The other factor is Bowyer, he is a very good developer of players and he's had the current crop since 16. he was their manager at 16-18, then promoted and their manager again 18-20?? And now he's their first team manager. So consequently he's not bringing the kids through anymore. Will the next generations get the quality he obviously brought to the role????? McPhilips as well, he's followed Gary at every step and is very well thought of. They're defo a duo..

Cheers Majiball found that extremely interesting.

Rhodes is the least of our worries? If we lose him then next season we are league 1 for sure!

we would be there now if it wernt for his goals ... People say I have crazy views but some beat me hands down .

Archived