SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes will be staying at Rovers.

Rovers would want at least 20 mil.

Rhodes will score goals and get you challenging at the top if the rest of the team is set up right.

so selling him to Hull for 15mil or keep him and get promotion which this season was worth around 120 million pounds.

Glen Mullan comments are correct and he is one of the best 'ITK' Rovers wise along with Kamy.

Rhodes will be staying at Rovers.

Rovers would want at least 20 mil.

Rhodes will score goals and get you challenging at the top if the rest of the team is set up right.

so selling him to Hull for 15mil or keep him and get promotion which this season was worth around 120 million pounds.

Glen Mullan comments are correct and he is one of the best 'ITK' Rovers wise along with Kamy.

Ben? Is that you? :unsure:

Try breaking clubs transfer record for a sale and then a discussion could happen ,

However the NOT FOR SALE sign firmly up , he also has zero clauses , So unlike Phil Jones rovers not only don't want to sell , but can't be forced to either .

The £8 million fee Rovers paid brought about mixed opinions when he first signed , however that fee is now the saving grace . Had rovers bagged Rhodes for around half that then £15 million would be tempting , however its gonna take massive money now for the club to bat an eyelid

Q 1. If we sell now can we make money on him?

A. Possibly

Q2 . Can we afford to allow him to run his contract down and take 8m plus as much again in wages in his arse pocket and walk away for nothing?

A. With less than 2m in ST revenue expected can we hell!

It's no big deal it's just thew age old dilemma of small town teams with bills to pay and the only saleable assets being the best players. Dunno about anybody else but after seeing the decline in BRFC etc since the max wage was abolished which allowed the bigger clubs to buy the best players I'm used to it now. Football is dog eat dog and apart from our day in the sun we are a poodle.

The trick is to sell Rhodes and buy two more....... cept everybody is on that mission.

"Sell Rhodes and buy 2...."

Except noone wants to join us

Unless we throw obscene amounts of money at them. ( and is that really the type of player we want..?)

Were gonna have to 'make do' with what we have.

Am i right in thinking Rochina and Formica both went out on loan so theyre due back in July?

Guest Norbert

Nah we'll buy him for one of those pens where the lady's top disappears after we've sold Rhodes. That will keep the dingles amused for months, and will be seen as a 'magic writing stick'. May even get it's own temple.

So now the big Blackburn fan that is plops is not only saying Rhodes is going but has added that we can't sign anyone to replace him because no one would ever join us. Plops who in the championship is a bigger draw the 3 relegated prob and then?

Not sure this is deserving of its own thread. I was told weeks ago Rhodes would be staying, by the guy project managing the build on his home in Cheshire. Doesn't mean it is true of course.

Would not blame any of the players if they wished to leave. You cannot mess around with peoples careers and expect any loyalty or harmony. I would imagine a few of them instructed agents to assess their options way before the season even ended.

Rhodes justified his price tag with his goal return (28 / 29?) but he is hardly the finished article in other areas of the field. Risky signing for someone if waxing massive money on him and then expecting him to tear defences apart in the PL.

Plops is plopping on the back of Steve Agnew apparently saying something.

However, several of our favourite players (and not so favourite but not the stupid wages ones alas) are attracting the interest of several PL clubs.

Resisting one bidder is difficult but not impossible.

Resisting multiple PL interests simply does not happen and our squad is going to look dramatically different come 31 August and don't expect the nominal transfer fees received to be re-cycled, well at least into transfer fees paid....

I will happily offer this as a hostage for my adoring fan club to quote back to me on 2 September but I will be astonished if Jordan Rhodes is wearing a Rovers shirt by then.

Guest Norbert

If we get a bidding war going, we could get a reasonable profit. The issue will always be replacing his goals. Bowyer will not get much back as the money will probably disappear into the black hole of our accounts, agents/owners back pockets etc. so we will need a miracle to find someone to replace him.

That is of course if any proper bids come in.

If we do have to sell Rhodes (£10 million from a PL club and he'll be off) then I'd like us to have a look at Tom Pope at Port Vale. He reminds me of a Grant Holt/Ricky Lambert type - a big, powerful centre forward who has grown into his role later in his career.

I'd try and get Forestieri from Watford as well. Really clever little player and he can play in the hole or out wide, perfect for the formations that Bowyer seems to prefer. He's been excellent every time I've seen Watford. He provided their only moment of real quality yesterday and he tore us apart in the 4-1 drubbing.

Give Best another 6 months as the main striker (his bad form wasn't helped by the fact that he and Rhodes are the most unnatural partnership one could imagine) and see if he can cut it. He's performed at higher levels so he has it in him. Best, Pope, Forestieri, Goodwillie and Rochina would give us a really good mix of strikers.

I know I've gone a little bit Football Manager there, but it's more interesting than doing work after a few days off.

Wouldn't suprise me to see plenty of clubs after his signature. The lad knows where the back of the net is and has now proven his goalscoring at league 1 and Championship levels. Hull have just come into a boat load of cash by getting promoted and i think they might come in with a serious offer.

As for Rhodes, the lad seems to have his head screwed on and i don't think wages would come into it too much. If Hull offered him a lower wage, i think he would still leave for footballing reasons. Who knows when he will get the chance to play in the premier league again if he stays with us. The chances of us getting promoted are zip.

I would be extremely surprised if Rhodes is still here come the start of next season, I'm not much looking forward to this transfer window.
However, it'd be beyond belief if we sell him for less than we bought him for, even the Venkys are not stupid enough to do that, surely? Given the season he's just had, his transfer value should now have broken even.

Personally think we overpaid for him based on what he had done before but we can't afford to sell him now. Without Rhodes we would have gone down by a mile last year and if we sell him I can see us going down next year. We make so few chances we need someone reliable to put them away and I can't remember a more reliable goal scorer at this level.

Not sure he'll cut it in the Prem though.

As for Murphy, Etuhu and Gomes.....blimey. What a boost that would be to get about £100K a week back for 3 players who don't play anyway. I would give these 3 frees if anyone will take them.

Archived