SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what bid was that then ?

You mean you haven't heard? ^_^

What used to be a great forum? You've only been knocking around for two years unless you had a previous account under a different name, so what gives you the right to say anything about the policing of this board.?

Good spot marky.

I think that's known as wishful thinking, rather than logic. I'll compromise and call it wishful logic.

If you were Whelan...

a. You'd only offer what you think he is worth first and foremost i.e a price that would deliver a good return on investment. (btw When you see the prices paid for Bale, Ozil and Fellaini you can see how lesser men can get carried away in this industry).

b. If you had offered 8m and Derek Shaw had turned up with JR, his agent, a kit bag full of clothes and with his boots around his neck within 30 mins you'd have been damned mad at a lost opportunity.

:lol:

More like the type you despise, you daft racist.

Uncalled for, inaccurate and an obvious attempt to insult. Whats the deal here? Throw enough mud and hope some sticks? You do realise that you cannot hide behind a board name when you post stuff like that?

It's an Alan Partridge quote. And there was me thinking you didn't take this place seriously? And the irony of you complaining about somebody insulting you, when I was responding to an insult by yourself, hasn't gone un-noticed.

It's only a quote if it is within quotation marks.

No it's not, but awareness, decision making etc can. can make a huge difference. think how Jansen improved from when he first came here aged about 21 to when his career finished

Jansen had fantastic technique when he arrived Gumboots. That didn't change. We do agree that Rhodes all round game isn't going to improve greatly though.

If you were Whelan...

a. You'd only offer what you think he is worth first and foremost i.e a price that would deliver a good return on investment. (btw When you see the prices paid for Bale, Ozil and Fellaini you can see how lesser men can get carried away in this industry).

b. If you had offered 8m and Derek Shaw had turned up with JR, his agent, a kit bag full of clothes and with his boots around his neck within 30 mins you'd have been damned mad at a lost opportunity.

I thought Judas had a noose!

It's only a quote if it is within quotation marks.

With respect Gordon, whilst I'm sure you're not racist, using terms like "Johnny Foreigner Footballers.. The odious ones who everybody despises" isn't exactly the most cosmopolitan quote you've come out with.

Fairly sure I've seen English lads waving those cards.

Brilliant quote from Bowyer:

Blackburn boss Bowyer said: “Jordan is not unhappy.

“The only unhappiness he’s probably got at this moment in time is that he’s probably rooming with Grant Hanley away with Scotland.

Crikey.

Like Mary Poppins rooming with Lemmy from Motorhead!

Get a life you miserable kean

Haha

It makes sense that you believe MM "makes the board" when your so quick to bring out the insults. If I am a miserable "kean" it may be because of the negative trash I've read on here all summer. If you can honestly say that you enjoy the "fuel to the flames" techniques that certain wannabe ITK's use - then you are sado masochist.

Coincidence or irony...?

Simply put - if you wanna read agenda loaded rumours created by tabloids or idiots in pubs and bookies - stick to twitter. Always refutable yet reused - and supported by a murky agenda. .

Don't get me wrong - bits of info from Kammy and Glen can be good reading - but due to the nature of our idiotic owners, things change (or don't) by the second so even people like them, who are close to the club - get large parts of the information they release wrong.

It's easy to spot the difference though, because Glen genuinely cares about the club, and so does Kammy. Their agenda is to help the fans understand what is going on. It's easy to discern the obvious agent/betting shop/WUM agenda that comes with snippets from a certain few.

I've just been down the bookies to put £50 on JR11 moving to Shaktar Donesk in 10 days in the loan window - he is not happy about the sale of Bradley Orr to blackpool because they can no longer car pool to the Mason meetings...

It's a valid point if you understand it. At Rhodes age, his all round play isn't going to improve much. As for Rhodes and potential, well his ability to put the ball in the net was developed years ago, so I am guessing that you think he's also going to become an all round top striker? If that was the case he wouldn't have moved from Huddersfield to Blackburn.

Everyone (like Dougie Freedman before Saturday) is well aware of Rhodes' talents and the need to stop him sticking the ball in the net at a prodigious rate.. However up to press no-one up to Championship level or below has been able to do that. If he gets to the end of his career and has never played at Premiership level then you might be justified in labelling him "not a top striker".

However no - one knows at the moment if he could do it at Prem level. It's all summation and guess work. If he could register 20 goals a sesson plus at PL level that would make him a top player in my book regardless of whether he has any alleged weaknesses in his game. All players have different strengths and qualities to one degree or another.

Brilliant quote from Bowyer:

Blackburn boss Bowyer said: “Jordan is not unhappy.

“The only unhappiness he’s probably got at this moment in time is that he’s probably rooming with Grant Hanley away with Scotland.

:D Poor Jordan.

Don't get me wrong - bits of info from Kammy and Glen can be good reading - but due to the nature of our idiotic owners, things change (or don't) by the second so even people like them, who are close to the club - get large parts of the information they release wrong.

Is that the same Glen who's had his tongue up Shebby's harris for the last two years? You need to wake up pal......

Archived