BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

No apology then for how you responded, over many weeks, to the people who thought differently.

Poor, very poor indeed.

I am sorry but I disagree with you.

Look. as I have said before, I respect the right of every single poster to express their view and opinion irrespective of whether others agree with it or not.

What I do object to is when posters get personal and regretfully, I have had to defend myself when a good number have had a go at me, some on almost a post by post basis, and crossed the line of what I would consider acceptable banter. Unfortunately, this may not have reflected too well on me.

One poster over the last two days has even suggested that the signs are that I have a 'drug/drink/gambling addiction'. It's ridiculous and beyond humour or banter.

There are a lot of good guys on this MB and I respect a number (Tom M, Kamy, Gav etc) who have tried to defuse this nonsense over recent days but I've got to the stage now where I think enough is enough.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look. as I have said before, I respect the right of every single poster to express their view and opinion irrespective of whether others agree with it or not.

What I do object to is when posters get personal and regretfully, I have had to defend myself when a good number have had a go at me, some on almost a post by post basis, and crossed the line of what I would consider acceptable banter.

One poster over the last two days has even suggested that the signs are that I have a 'drug/drink/gambling addiction'. It's ridiculous and beyond humour.

There are a lot of good guys on this MB and I respect a number (Tom M, Kamy, Gav etc) who have tried to defuse this nonsense over recent days but I've got to the stage now where I think enough is enough.

We all thought enough was enough weeks ago but you continued with your nonsense. Now you have to take whatever is coming to you as it is fully deserved.

What I do object to is when posters get personal and regretfully, I have had to defend myself when a good number have had a go at me, some on almost a post by post basis, and crossed the line of what I would consider acceptable banter. Unfortunately, this may not have reflected too well on me.

One poster over the last two days has even suggested that the signs are that I have a 'drug/drink/gambling addiction'. It's ridiculous and beyond humour or banter.

Hypocritical to say the least given your stream of patronising replies to Chaddy who didn't once insult you, he just disagreed with you. And Abbey before that. But then it seems your victim complex is much more important to you than simple politeness.

• Backroom

Good grief there's nothing worse than hearing a spoilt baby wail when they haven't got their own way. Its literally ear piercing and goes right through you.

I'm not a religious man but the bible tells people you reap what you sow. Have a check back on the seeds you planted over the summer and then try that fake, mock outrage thing again with a straight face.

Cos if u manage it then I hav no idea how you sleep straight in bed at night.

I am amazed he's still here ... for 2 reasons

1) he's a very good finisher and i believe he would score goals at any level provided he got the right service

2) Venky's being the money grabbing asset stripping scoundrels they are would have taken the money

i am wrong it would seem

If I can ask a serious question, you suggested a number of times over the summer that the reason for your doom laden predictions was that you understood we had a couple of very important financial targets to meet.

Is it now your understanding we met one or both of those or were you merely making that bit up?

I am amazed he's still here ... for 2 reasons

1) he's a very good finisher and i believe he would score goals at any level provided he got the right service

2) Venky's being the money grabbing asset stripping scoundrels they are would have taken the money

i am wrong it would seem

Well you're not wrong about 1.anyway

• Backroom

Rhodes is still here, Mercers info in the end didnt come to pass, everyone has got it out of their system now lets just move on its boring going back over old ground just to say I told you so over and over and over

I said the other day I expected and will accept he was due a bit of a ribbing after being so sure but lets just put it to bed now

Come on people its a messageboard, take everything thats posted with a big pinch of salt, if you don't like what mercers saying put him on ignore, simple really, but lets not force him away, thats not right.

Hypocritical to say the least given your stream of patronising replies to Chaddy who didn't once insult you, he just disagreed with you. And Abbey before that. But then it seems your victim complex is much more important to you than simple politeness.

Couldn't agree more with this. Usually the first to get personal just because someone disagrees with him.

I was hoping that these latest couple of failures might have brought about a bit humility but sadly he lacks the class for that.

Defiant (and grimly negative) 'til the end!

Wow, all that panic about Rhodes going, crazily, if you read through this thread, you will see that there are quite a few links, where

confirmation wasgiven by the club that Rhodes wouldn`t be sold, the player himself confirmed that he is happy here and won`t be leaving, yet

within a few posts, the negativity and rumours would be back again. Don`t understand folk, if you posted that Rhodes was abducted by Aliens

wanting to start their own league on Alpha Centauri, they would believe it, but tell them he is at home with his feet up watching Corrie and your

touched in the head. If you had a look at Wigans forums` it was even worse, with Itk`ers saying that "Coylie" has confirmed it`s a done deal,

and Rhodes agent being in the directors box at their last match. Then there is the media, I seriously think most of them have mother issues

and were not given enough attention when they were young, some of the stories they release, you just know they are made up by complete

presumption as an attempt to claim adoration. A good example is that article that claims Rhodes was upset about not being able to move to

Wigan, the story plants the seed of doubt and gives a sense of affirmation that the initial story was true. I`ll bet any one, that we will be hearing

references throughout the rest of the season about how Wigan were denied the opportunity to take Rhodes to the DW. The stage is already

being set for the next transfer window.

Rhodes is still here, Mercers info in the end didnt come to pass, everyone has got it out of their system now lets just move on its boring going back over old ground just to say I told you so over and over and over

I said the other day I expected and will accept he was due a bit of a ribbing after being so sure but lets just put it to bed now

Why? We've had to put up with his insufferable doom-mongering for MONTHS on end, and after less than 24hrs of ribbing you want to call it quits? Balls to that. He's had this coming for a long time and I wouldn't begrudge anyone for enjoying every moment of it.

He's not good enough at 8 million quid, simple as that. Only a completely desperate Premier League team would gamble that on him, and we're not at that stage of the season yet, hence the only offer being a slightly more sensible - but still overpriced - 6 million plus 'extras' from Wigan.

I find it incredible that so many Rovers fans still question his ability. He has proved it time after time. We generally haven't got the ball within 20 yards of him in many games over the last 12 months and I do not accept that is down to him lack of mobility. I think this is the same mentality that is so quick to criticise Dunny (I notice this criticism has temporarily abated...). This isn't aimed at you M-K, I was just quoting your comment as an example, so apologies.

Please name 2 more effective strikers in the Championship and then give your opinion on their current value. Surely this would be more than 6 million?

Wow, all that panic about Rhodes going, crazily, if you read through this thread, you will see that there are quite a few links, where

confirmation wasgiven by the club that Rhodes wouldn`t be sold, the player himself confirmed that he is happy here and won`t be leaving, yet

within a few posts, the negativity and rumours would be back again. Don`t understand folk, if you posted that Rhodes was abducted by Aliens

wanting to start their own league on Alpha Centauri, they would believe it, but tell them he is at home with his feet up watching Corrie and your

touched in the head. If you had a look at Wigans forums` it was even worse, with Itk`ers saying that "Coylie" has confirmed it`s a done deal,

and Rhodes agent being in the directors box at their last match. Then there is the media, I seriously think most of them have mother issues

and were not given enough attention when they were young, some of the stories they release, you just know they are made up by complete

presumption as an attempt to claim adoration. A good example is that article that claims Rhodes was upset about not being able to move to

Wigan, the story plants the seed of doubt and gives a sense of affirmation that the initial story was true. I`ll bet any one, that we will be hearing

references throughout the rest of the season about how Wigan were denied the opportunity to take Rhodes to the DW. The stage is already

I'll give you several good reasons for this. The rao family, Singh, A certain agent, a useless pretence for a manager, 2 other failed appointments, Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw. Is it any wonder that over the last few years we have become so accustomed to "if they can muck it up they will" and downright lies, that, even knowing that Bowyer is more honest than many, we find it hard to know where clubspeak finishes and the truth starts? We want to be able to trust what comes out of the club but we've all become even bigger cynics than ever nowadays

The formatting on that post makes me read it like some kind of disastrous beat poetry.

I find it incredible that so many Rovers fans still question his ability. He has proved it time after time. We generally haven't got the ball within 20 yards of him in many games over the last 12 months and I do not accept that is down to him lack of mobility. I think this is the same mentality that is so quick to criticise Dunny (I notice this criticism has temporarily abated...). This isn't aimed at you M-K, I was just quoting your comment as an example, so apologies.

Please name 2 more effective strikers in the Championship and then give your opinion on their current value. Surely this would be more than 6 million?

Naming more effective strikers isn't relevant.

What I meant was that Venkys bought him at the absolute top end of his potential value. When you compare him to what Austin went for, his actual value last summer was probably £3-4 million. But for some reason Venkys went absolutely mental, gave Huddersfield £8m, and got their man.

What that means - for me and, it would seem, for most football clubs - is that Rhodes should be seen as a £3-4m player who scored a load of goals for a rubbish team. Therefore now in the £6m + bracket, which means if Venkys sold him they'd be making a loss.

edit: nobody is saying he's a bad player, he's just massively overpriced

As for the ITK comments from certain people, that is your opinion and I respect. Over the last 12 months I have reduced my posting on here a huge amount and very rarely post anything about what I hear any longer. I don’t have an ego which needs massaging by being called a so called “ITK”.

As with quite a lot of other people who post, I constantly enjoy your snippets.

I get very frustrated with the attacks made against certain posters and I can't understand why it's done.

The Messageboard would be a lot less interesting without you.

Please keep posting and even return to posting as much as before.

In black and white, I was wrong, Rhodes is still here and I am delighted with that.

In shades of grey, a few questions, some already asked by posters, remain unanswered. Why were Bowyer and team on standby all day, is the Daily Mail correct in its article that Rhodes is disappointed not to be joining Wigan and what would have happened if Wigan had got their money from the McCarthy deal six hours earlier ? As to why I took a punt on Bolton and Newcastle as destinations for Rhodes, I have explained over the last 36 hours, so not going into that again.

Our finances do scare me and, IMO, and experience, are akin to trying to square a circle. Let's see what both the holding company and club accounts show (due by end of this month and December respectively).

Ownership hasn't changed, yet. I still think that things are going on behind the scenes.

This is a MB for discussion and the exchange of views and opinions. A bit of banter is good but I think a bit more civility is called for from some parties - I have taken more than a few insults and felt the need to defend myself. I am not a wum and for a poster to suggest that I might have "a massive drug/alcohol/gambling addiction" is just plain ridiculous.

Abbey and I exchanged PM's yesterday on a transfer issue at his instigation - I think he is currently banned ?

Ok, we begged to differ on the ownership thing but I don't think we have the issue that you would clearly like us to have.

Pathetic.

I'll give you several good reasons for this. The rao family, Singh, A certain agent, a useless pretence for a manager, 2 other failed appointments, Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw. Is it any wonder that over the last few years we have become so accustomed to "if they can muck it up they will" and downright lies, that, even knowing that Bowyer is more honest than many, we find it hard to know where clubspeak finishes and the truth starts? We want to be able to trust what comes out of the club but we've all become even bigger cynics than ever nowadays

..Lest we forget....

I gave you my opinion- you exhibit characteristics of an addict- be it a gambling or attention seeking addiction.

I'm trying to help for Christ sake.

• Backroom

Right any more of this off topic stuff will be removed from here on in

If you don't like that I don't really care I'm just bored of it all

That Jordan Rhodes is a good player eh?

As with quite a lot of other people who post, I constantly enjoy your snippets.

I get very frustrated with the attacks made against certain posters and I can't understand why it's done.

The Messageboard would be a lot less interesting without you.

Please keep posting and even return to posting as much as before.

It's hardly an attack on someone if they claim to have some sort of inside information and post it and it turns out to be wrong and someone else points that out. I"m all for anyone posting anything in the way of gossip or info.

I was dug out last week by several posters for criticising the Marple Leaf dude who said he'd "heard" that Rhodes to Wigan was "almost done".

What he meant was that he'd read some random stuff on the internet somewhere and was trying to pass it off as importanr new info of his own. Where he got caught out was he probably didn't realise it was already old news and we'd already said we wouldn't sell to another Championship Club.

I think Kamy is right in that he specified his info came from some Wigan fanzine bloke. However the fact remains that only Cryer got it right and the Mail, Wigan fanzine bloke, anyone who relied on the info of Wigan fanzine bloke, Nixon and SSN got it wrong about Wigan making a bid.

It's not a personal attack pointing that out.

I also find it amazing that a few on here and a lot on Twitter constantly say that they don’t rate Jordan Rhodes. I can’t fathom that. While his all round game could be better, for me the primary function of a striker is to score goals. Rhodes has done that consistently over the last 3 years, if you create chances for him then he will more often than not put them away. In football goalscorers are like gold dust.

I think he can make the jump to the Premier League, he would be playing with better quality players and should in theory receive better quality service. While it is true he would be up against better quality defenders, his game is all about movement and getting into dangerous areas, he would be able to do that in the PL.

His allround game does need a bit of work but it has come on over the last 12 months. He is not an Alan Shearer type striker who was fantastic in almost all facets of his game, he is more of an Ian Rush striker who made a living out of being a very regular goalscorer.

Right any more of this off topic stuff will be removed from here on in

If you don't like that I don't really care I'm just bored of it all

That Jordan Rhodes is a good player eh?

Now that would suit some. I think some folks should be allowed a little time to get some stuff of their chests. The time to apply the kabosh would have been during mm's incessant ramblings

Archived