BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well looks like we've held onto him. Now we need to make sure that we're within a half chance of being in and around the playoffs come January. If not then you can bet your bottom dollar (even you Mercerman) that he'll be gone.

I am starting to think that will be the case

Well according to my Casio wave ceptor watch it is 6.05 EST. That means unless there is a fax in transit, and held up by last minute QPR loans then we are safe. That means that a team that has scored 9 goals in two games remains intact. Rhodes can prove his worth by scoring a dozen before Xmas. If we are top 5 he stays. If we are mid table he goes, probably at a better price.

Credit to the manager for being upfront, to Venkys on this occasion for not saying sell at any price to balance the books. I feel good about the team, the morale and the strategy. Solid young championship team that gives their all.

Whelan on Talksport just now - saying doesn't know why Blackburn Rovers said they've made an offer for Rhodes, says its wrong for BRFC to say it.

I heard that as well and I was seething, thought Whelan was completely out of order, we never said anything of the sort did we?

It woz the Daily Mail and SSN.

Silly old sod.

Whelan did confirm they would have made bid though

Personally, i think its Rhodes's agent stiring up some interest.

No he didn't he said they made an inquiry as Rhodes was a good player but that was as far as it went.

I thought he was clearly inferring either he was told he was not for sale or the price made it a non starter.

Remarkably stress free window that as far as Rhodes was concerned, no credible interest from anyone.

Can't see that being the same case in January, there'll be a lot of desperate Premiership sides about so we need to be well up in the promotion mix so that Rhodes won't necessarily believe the risk of

a one way ticket back to the Championship with a side in danger of relegation represents an attractive move.

Still that's for another day. Pretty good window overall. Orr Murphy Pedersen Givet out plus a few others and lots of young hungry players in some of whom look very promising.

Most crucially Rhodes still here, and Rochins by default. Onwards and upwards.

Feeling cautiously optimistic.

Have kept Hanley and Rhodes (commented earlier in the day and will say no more) which was critical.

Much of the 'deadwood' has been cut adrift but at some cost.

Whether we have enough quality remains to be seen but at least we seem to be heading in a better direction.

Ollie Holt said on Twitter he'd heard 'reports' that Rhodes is 'upset' at the breakdown on a move to Wigan. Usually like Holt but that sounds bull kean.

"Usually like Holt".... Thats not something one reads on here too often thats for sure. After what he said about the club when Ince was sacked I can't stand the viciously agenda'd little keaner.

Phew...We can relax a bit... then it starts again in January!

Sometimes I hate what football has become..

If Dunny, Kane and King continue to supply him in the manner that Bowyer has got them doing then BRFc will (as SS no doubt predicted to th'injuns) be able to make a fine profit on JR. Or to (poorly) quote Jack Walker from circa 20 years ago... Football is a business and Blackburn Rovers will be run along business lines. :tu:

If Dunny, Kane and King continue to supply him in the manner that Bowyer has got them doing then BRFc will (as SS no doubt predicted to th'injuns) be able to make a fine profit on JR. Or to (poorly) quote Jack Walker from circa 20 years ago... Football is a business and Blackburn Rovers will be run along business lines. :tu:

not only make a profit but maybe make the play offs, or the real money in the play off final, win or lose

Guest Norbert

"Usually like Holt".... Thats not something one reads on here too often thats for sure. After what he said about the club when Ince was sacked I can't stand the viciously agenda'd little keaner.

Bet he is having a right power w_nk now Blackpoo are top. Still probably bitching about Ince leaving, us fans being horrible with Kean etc. and thus just being a stirring liar.

Bet he is having a right power w_nk now Blackpoo are top. Still probably bitching about Ince leaving, us fans being horrible with Kean etc. and thus just being a stirring liar.

whats he gonna say when double O eventually sacks him

Feeling cautiously optimistic.

Have kept Hanley and Rhodes (commented earlier in the day and will say no more) which was critical.

Much of the 'deadwood' has been cut adrift but at some cost.

Whether we have enough quality remains to be seen but at least we seem to be heading in a better direction.

Will we be seeing a fulsome and sincere apology from you to Chaddy, to whom you have been patronising and condescending for weeks now because of his completely correct belief that Rhodes was in no danger of going anywhere? No bids from Coyley or Wee Duggie, no fire sales due to unsupportable debts, in fact nothing at all.

Ha ha the first line made me litterally laugh out loud which is not good when my mrs and baby are still asleep!!

I'll tell you what I would like to ask...what kept GB and his staff sat at Ewood Park all day if there was nothing planned in or out??

Archived