BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muppet? What a businessman more like. Dave Whelan's business acumen cannot be doubted. When you are £150m behind him you can retire dwayne.

Nevertheless in this particular instance he must know a derisory offer of 2m less than we paid for Rhodes was barely worth dignifying with a response.

Probably a public tyre kicking exercise to save face and keep their fans happy after the United - Everton - Wigan chain of events failed to materialise.

Nevertheless in this particular instance he must know a derisory offer of 2m less than we paid for Rhodes was barely worth dignifying with a response.

Probably a public tyre kicking exercise to save face and keep their fans happy after the United - Everton - Wigan chain of events failed to materialise.

It's like any sort of bid, it can be increased far easier than decreased. i'm sure that Whelan will know the inside track on Rover's finances.

It's like any sort of bid, it can be increased far easier than decreased. i'm sure that Whelan will know the inside track on Rover's finances.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories as to whether a bid has actually been made at all. According to some sources we rejected a bid this morning from Wigan that was substantially more than the one SSN claims they submitted this afternoon!

Pretty clear he isn't going to Wigan anyhow whether Whelan has submitted an insulting bid or not.

Edit: Shane Long has reportedly left the ROI training camp and is thought to be on his way to Hull for talks. That's one Club I thought might be interested

I wouldn't go as far as to call it derisory. Whelan's put a bid in that's hoping to take advantage of Rovers struggling finances (or Venkys greed as I'd describe it). Considering even some of our fans over the summer have been quite prepared, and sometimes even happy its seemed, that he could go at that price, its hardly surprising an outsider has been thinking the same.

There was never any real danger of him going to Wigan.

They can't afford him, we can't afford to lose him right now and it's no more than a sideways step.

Never going to happen in a million years.

I'm quite sure Shaw has been told he's not for sale

I'm quite sure Shaw was told no contract's longer than 12 months and look what happened,

Still it's a worry with the transfer window still open that Shaw will get confused and press the wrong button on the computer and sell him to Bournemouth for 56 pence

I wouldn't go as far as to call it derisory. Whelan's put a bid in that's hoping to take advantage of Rovers struggling finances (or Venkys greed as I'd describe it). Considering even some of our fans over the summer have been quite prepared, and sometimes even happy its seemed, that he could go at that price, its hardly surprising an outsider has been thinking the same.

I'd have to disagree, how is a 2m quid loss going to appeal to anyone's alleged sense of greed?

Unless we only actually paid 3-4 m for him and the rest of the 8m headline figure consists of add ons which is a theory I've heard advanced but don't necessarily believe.

I would go as far as to call it a 'Krafty b'stards' bid.

Archived