BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Its just madness that multi million pound businesses work in this way, they’ve had months to sign players, why leave it until the final day and cause all the instability throughout the leagues?

I understand the price is a factor, but still it strikes me as completely madness.

Clubs, players and fans all dislike the transfer windows and there are calls every year for them to be abolished. Nothing happens of course because it is good business for agents.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to worry about there then.Hull are the only one I'd be slightly nervous about. Bruce has been moaning all weekend about how they don't score enough goals and how they need a goalscorer. Rhodes would be a no brainer if I was him.Whether they could afford him is a different matter.

"If he misses out on Hugo Rodallega and Niclas Bendtner, Bruce is ready to turn to Doyle as his next alternative."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408011

Blackburn have rejected a club record bid from Wigan for Jordan Rhodes. The Latics had lodged a bid which would break their transfer record - £6.5million splashed out on Mauro Boselli in 2010 - for the Scotland striker. But they were in no mood to mess around and wanted an answer by 10am on Monday, giving manager Owen Coyle time to move on to other targets if unsuccessful.

The offer was knocked back, with Rhodes reportedly attracting interest from Everton. Rhodes was signed by Rovers last August for £8million and scored a double in the 4-1 demolition of rivals Bolton Wanderers over the weekend. Coyle has been given a large wedge of the £6million recouped from Everton for Arouna Kone in order to win promotion back to the Premier League at the DW Stadium.

Marc-Antoine Fortune limped off injured in the 2-1 win against Nottingham Forest on Saturday and Wigan want another attacker in.

Rhodes has scored 32 Championship goals for Rovers in 48 games and is one of the most highly thought of players outside the top flight.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408554/Blackburn-reject-Wigans-club-record-bid-Jordan-Rhodes.html#ixzz2djrnClmD

Well the good news is that as the hours tick slowly by, it looks increasingly likely that Rhodes will stay a Rovers' player.

I explained yesterday why Bolton was one bet - my other bet was Newcastle. Why ? Well I was told by the guy who gave me the heads up on Rhodes being a done deal from Hudders to Rovers that in his view, he thought there was a very good chance that Rhodes would end up at Newcastle before the window closed and I consider him to be a credible source. Last week, I also bet on Rhodes going to Wigan, as looked more likely, to cover the other two bets.

So there it is and I will be delighted if I am wrong. As for the bets, hey ho, win some lose some.

More importantly, more of the same as what I saw on Saturday, with Rhodes on board, and I will be renewing the season tickets at Christmas that I relinquished at the end of the 2011/12 season.

More importantly, more of the same as what I saw on Saturday, with Rhodes on board, and I will be renewing the season tickets at Christmas that I relinquished at the end of the 2011/12 season.

Why not renew tomorrow?

Or are you a bit short of cash since your bets don't look like coming off?

Well the good news is that as the hours tick slowly by, it looks increasingly likely that Rhodes will stay a Rovers' player.

I explained yesterday why Bolton was one bet - my other bet was Newcastle. Why ? Well I was told by the guy who gave me the heads up on Rhodes being a done deal from Hudders to Rovers that in his view, he thought there was a very good chance that Rhodes would end up at Newcastle before the window closed and I consider him to be a credible source. Last week, I also bet on Rhodes going to Wigan, as looked more likely, to cover the other two bets.

So there it is and I will be delighted if I am wrong. As for the bets, hey ho, win some lose some.

So apart from Rhodes going to Bolton do you also admit you were wrong about the alleged forthcoming financial armeggadon at the Club which according to you was going to force our hand into selling Rhodes at almost any price?

So apart from Rhodes going to Bolton do you also admit you were wrong about the alleged forthcoming financial armeggadon at the Club which according to you was going to force our hand into selling Rhodes at almost any price?

See my post above:

Like I said above, lots of water to flow under the bridge before Christmas, let's see where we are then.

Also, by then, both the holding company accounts and the club accounts should have been published.

Come on Rev lets not pretend the financial situation is massively better even if we dont sell Rhodes. We are so far behind FFP rules we need snookers even with the outgoings and savings made in recent days. We might just be settling down a bit especially with a couple of decent results behind us but the exits we have had have cost the club an arm and a leg.Thankfully it looks like Venkys have for now agreed to pick up the tab which might be now be £30million. But there is a way to go yet and we must still be losing a packet every week.I dread to think what might happend once Parachutes subside but Mercer is correct, this is very very painful financially and armageddon is only a day away once Balaji gets bored.

Orr, Best, Robinson, Etuhu and various Portugese wasters will ensure we are spewing cash for some time to come.

The talk on Saturday was that cash ticket sales including away end v Barnsley was less than £45k-not enough to pay any of the above 2 for a week-and home games don't even average out at one a week!!

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 1m

Sky Sources: Wigan offer £6million to Blackburn for striker Jordan Rhodes. #SkyDeadlineDay

Furthermore from the Sky Sports transfer clockwatch-

Wigan are looking to pull off an ambitious transfer on deadline day. Sky sources are reporting that they've offered Championship rivals Blackburn £6million for Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes, but that bid has been rejected.

Archived