BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

He won't go to Wigan.

They wouldn't pay his wages for a starter.

Just seen the highlights from yesterday's game and aside from the fact that we're a young, hungry side, I was really impressed yet again by the quality of Jordan's movement and natural finishing ability.

Those who make remarks of him not being the complete package are completely missing what Rhodes is about.

Rhodes = goals. And lots of them.

Goals are golddust in football matches and he is completely invaluable to us.

If I was a Venky (God forbid), I wouldn't even open the email to an offer of less than £20m for Rhodes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not forget we did the same to Huddersfield! I'd be asking for 15 million. Exactly what Mcamanan/McCarthy are valued at.. "Oh but they've got premiership experience!" Yes indeed! They got relegated last year. I'm sorry but a 30 million pound central midfield does not exit the premier league. So if they're worth 15 million then so is Jordan Rhodes. Only then would I consider selling. I'd then tie up Cairney, sign a commanding centre half and a good forward or two- vaz te and Maynard maybe. Use the rest to service the debts... Can I see them shelling out 15million? Nope. Can I see Venkys accepting less? .... Remember samba and p.jones? They like digging their heels in to get top dollar..

There's no guarantee Rhodes would even want to go to Wigan, or if they'd match the wages he's on here. He must be one of the top earners at Rovers which would put him on £35k (Best has been reported as being on £33k) I very much doubt anyone at Wigan is on £35k, they have never been big wage payers.

European football, more likely to be in the premier league next season, and more or less guaranteed to play rather than on the bench at Newcastle....wigan would be a great move for him ahead of the loony bin we have here...

or a brief excursion in Europe, about as much chance of promotion as Rovers, and a lot less chance than some of other clubs and on a lot less money.

Guest Norbert

So it'll be incontinence pants until Wednesday morning then! These transfer windows always seem to try and kick us in the balls. All the Santa Cruz rumours to Wigan allegedly making a move for Rhodes. It is all damned annoying. Maybe we can have a bit of fun and bid for Ings, just to p_ss off the dingles.

European football, more likely to be in the premier league next season, and more or less guaranteed to play rather than on the bench at Newcastle....wigan would be a great move for him ahead of the loony bin we have here...

Good post Jal.

Get a grip mate.

So it'll be incontinence pants until Wednesday morning then! These transfer windows always seem to try and kick us in the balls. All the Santa Cruz rumours to Wigan allegedly making a move for Rhodes. It is all damned annoying. Maybe we can have a bit of fun and bid for Ings, just to p_ss off the dingles.

you mean tuesday, tomz is transfer deadline day

Guest Norbert

Yes, I've had a few days off work, so I lost track. I hope I don't come back tomorrow to find Rhodes gone, and Shola Ameobi replacing him. That'll be an awful surprise to coming back from a 2-10pm shift. I do hate transfer deadline day.

Do you think we would turn that down ?

I think we would on the back of the last two performances.

Absolutely no idea if true, but a guy who runs a Wigan fansite has been telling me that Wigan are preparing a bid of £9 million plus £2 million in guaranteed add ons for Rhodes.

I can't see Venky's selling him to a Championship club or Rhodes pushing for this kinda move.

Funny that. We have till 10 o clock to accept a bid they are still preparing g

Yep, another team who were never interested ruled out.

What planet are you on Chaddy?

There were rumours that Stoke had interest in him but wasnt near the top of their shortlist.

We need to tell Wigan to #### off with their bid for Rhodes!!!

Some newspapers/ITKS say their a bid in from Wigan. Cant see us accepting it.

Yep, another team who were never interested ruled out.

What planet are you on Chaddy?

A bit harsh. At this stage clubs start to panic and look at players they might not normally consider. Every club eliminated as a possible Rhodes destination is a positive. Wigan or hull look the most likely to bid but who knows - certainly not you or me

A good contact at Wigan telling me that the Daily Mail article is fairly accurate. There is a bid on the table for Rhodes, they have given Rovers overnight to consult with the owners. It is take it or leave it situation, if we say no then Wigan will move onto another target.

Any idea how big the bid is ?

It is now lunchtime in India so we should know pretty soon.

Well I just hope our owners either ignore attempts to contact them as they have done often enough in the past, are confused enough to not make a decision quickly enough but not too confused as to mistake Rhodes for some other guy we'd quite like rid of, aren't listening to Singh ( get rid - I can find you any number of Portuguese players to replace him) and that we tell Wigan where to shove their bid.

Archived