BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no idea if true, but a guy who runs a Wigan fansite has been telling me that Wigan are preparing a bid of £9 million plus £2 million in guaranteed add ons for Rhodes.

Do you think we would turn that down ?

• Backroom

If Wigan bid near £10m I fully expect we will accept and he will go

He was always going to attract interest and is one of our only players worth anything and the money used to pay off the shedload of players has to be recouped somehow

Just hope nobody tests our resolve too much

^_^

Absolutely no idea if true, but a guy who runs a Wigan fansite has been telling me that Wigan are preparing a bid of £9 million plus £2 million in guaranteed add ons for Rhodes.

mmmm, he runs a fansite and not Wigan,

Time to ask SteB what is happening with Rhodes

So you believe Nixon when it suits but not when it's him saying Rhodes is leaving..... Make your mind up Chaddy.

I have just posted what he has said. did I say what I think tho

I can't see Venky's selling him to a Championship club or Rhodes pushing for this kinda move.

no thanks. tell Wigan to #### off and keep their money.

we keep the Goal machine in Rhodes here.

cant see Rhodes leaving for Wigan.

Do you think we would turn that down ?

Yes

If Wigan bid near £10m I fully expect we will accept and he will go

He was always going to attract interest and is one of our only players worth anything and the money used to pay off the shedload of players has to be recouped somehow

Just hope nobody tests our resolve too much

If they have bid, it's history repeating itself as when we signed from Hudders. - something of a gamble for promotion with a glittering pot of £0.1 billion at the end of the rainbow.

• Backroom

If they have bid, it's history repeating itself as when we signed from Hudders. - something of a gamble for promotion with a glittering pot of £0.1 billion at the end of the rainbow.

Also shows how daft teams can be, don't spend to stay in the league then panic and overspend to get back

I could see why he would want to go to Wigan, the smell of the uncle joes mint ball factory is amazing

Also shows how daft teams can be, don't spend to stay in the league then panic and overspend to get back

I could see why he would want to go to Wigan, the smell of the uncle joes mint ball factory is amazing

TBF to Wigan, they would be using money raised from a sale (McCarthy) to fund signing Rhodes. So they aren't putting their club in any additional debt, they are just using money raised from a sale.

I am going to ask before someone else does,

does JR like northern soul?

Not quite.. We paid £8m to prize him away from Hudds - with the greatest of respect, an incredible amount for them - particularly as a percentage of what they paid for him.. Probably equivalent to a £20m+ bid by our clubs historical transfer standards.

If we sell then it makes a mockery of all the payoffs we have made to reduce our wage bill.

TBF to Wigan, they would be using money raised from a sale (McCarthy) to fund signing Rhodes. So they aren't putting their club in any additional debt, they are just using money raised from a sale.

How is McCarthy worth more than Rhodes? Because he's played in the PL?

He had a decent season last year and his value has rocketed. Personally from what I saw, I don't think McCarthy is worth anywhere near £12-£15 million that is being quoted as his value.

Why sell someone who attracts that kind of value in the Premier League to buy a Championship player? Dave Whelan us not a numpty, if you already have a player capable of firing you to the Premier League (or at least thought capable of performing at that level) why sell him to buy another whose pedigree is not so apparently clear?

evidence of a move to wigan;

Pro's to say he stays; GB gets assurances, Shaw states no sale to championship clubs, Jordan states he's happy.

Con's to say he goes; the guy who the runs the fansite says Wigan will pay 11m.

Cue mass hysteria and creation of Judas Rhodes shirts.

• Backroom

If he does go to Wigan I say we boycott pies in Blackburn but not Uncle Joes mint balls I really like those, I also quite like pies - this was a bad idea, instead on Tuesday I will punch a pie!

Tomorrow is going to be a long day but for once we could be quite happy if its another damp squib and nothing happens

74 users reading this one topic on a Sunday night!

you could post anything and some people would believe it.

So unless SteB says he is going then its not going to happen (its to late anyway, the Raos cant move quick enough to beat the deadline)

74 users reading this one topic on a Sunday night!

you could post anything and some people would believe it.

So unless SteB says he is going then its not going to happen (its to late anyway, the Raos cant move quick enough to beat the deadline)

Yep. I am one of them. Got to get a life.

Beware the stalking horse thing, where Wigan make the early running, only for a PL club to come in on the blind side.

All this shows me what a football snob I am...WIGAN!!! WTF are Wigan?!

Good luck everyone!

Archived