BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

What Venky's need to remember is that, whatever they are offered for Rhodes this week, he will be worth more next year.

And even more the year after.

We simply can't afford to sell now - we only really have this one shot of getting back to the Premiership and, frankly, it's not happening if we sell the best goalscorer in this entire division.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**** me if Rhodes is the icing on top of the cake, after yesterday do we finally have a cake?

I wonder if we are going to see what this lad can actually do with the players behind him pulling their weight for once. Which is something some of us have alluded to for some time in the face of the relentless and unjust criticism Rhodes has received in certain quarters since he joined the Club.

Let's hope so. There did seem to be a change in tone from Bowyer in his last interview, we seem to have gone from complaining that Premiership Clubs might nick our best talent (I.e. Rhodes) at the end of the window to categorically stating he's going nowhere. Maybe the powers that be have seen sense.

If we can set up to provide him with chances he will score

Feed the Scot and he will score.

Two words - goal machine.

Sell him at our peril.

Now that he has King on one side and Dunny with him he might well become a goal machine...... and that will be when we wave goodbye. Bowyer might well make the venkymob a few bob.

Feed the Scot and he will score.

Now that he has King on one side and Dunny with him he might well become a goal machine...... and that will be when we wave goodbye. Bowyer might well make the venkymob a few bob.

HA! And I thought I was bad..

As the excited new parents are about leave the maternity unit with their bundle of joy, Dr T Nodrog pops his head around the door just to remind them that the child will die one day!

Rovers are showing the green shoots of winning back at least some of the support but if they were to sell Jordan Rhodes it would be worse than before and the support would crumble to nothing. We simply cannot afford to let him go.

Everybody knows Mercerman will be gutted if Rhodes is here come Tuesday. MM still seems to have credibility with some people, as phlipl did for a long while, but hopefully if Rhodes stays it will finally end it to an extent where he stays very, very quiet.

More on topic, selling Rhodes now would confirm that the owner's interest in the club is over, and the season would be finished already.

Sorry Batman, but you are wrong.

There is a clear difference between wanting something to happen and recognising that something could well happen even though you don't want it to.

I will be delighted if Rhodes is still here come Tuesday.

When you have seen so many talents sold in the club's history, for me starting with the likes of Pickering, England, Newton through to the JW era where we saw the departures of Shearer, Sutton, Duff etc, you become conditioned to the next talent moving on, particularly given the three years of turmoil we have been through and the consequent impact on the club's financial stability. Clubs far bigger than Rovers also struggle in this area - look at departures from clubs such Arsenal (Fabregas, RVP) and Spurs (Bale) over the years.

Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, I think there is an air of inevitably to it all.

You've being suggesting from the start of the summer that you have inside knowledge to suggest that Rhodes would be sold.

This, along with a lot of other similar "inside knowledge" suggestions, have turned out to be complete nonsense. Looking forward to seeing who you put your money on. :closedeyes:

I don't know what Mercerman posted because he is on ignore but I am astonished that he is still posting after being shown to be totally wrong on all counts. Time to shut up and creep away to lick his wounds.

To be fair to Mercer one saga this summer shows how difficult it is to believe what some say at times in football.

All summer I was told Appleton was the new U21's coach, by those close to him and one close to Roy. His odds tumbled and he was basically 1/1. Who got the job, Southgate.

Thankfully I didn't bet.

Trouble is the man close to Appleton also told me about Martinez and Jose joining everton and chelsea.

See opening sentence.

• Backroom

You've being suggesting from the start of the summer that you have inside knowledge to suggest that Rhodes would be sold.

This, along with a lot of other similar "inside knowledge" suggestions, have turned out to be complete nonsense. Looking forward to seeing who you put your money on. :closedeyes:

My bet is Mercers mystery team is Newcastle seeing as there have been rumblings about their interest most of the summer

Like anyone Mercer has got a few things right along with a lot of wrong stuff but he's always said he just posts what he hears whether its true or not

My bet is Mercers mystery team is Newcastle seeing as there have been rumblings about their interest most of the summer

My bet is the mystery team is whoever he ends up at, if he does leave. His request to ask him after the event really was equally staggering and hilarious.

Will happily tell you once the window closes whether I win or lose and also the reasoning behind those bets.

One of the two bets I have already mentally written-off, however, made a third bet over recent days to try and cover the other two.

Again, I am at pains to point out that I don't claim or pretend to be 'ITK'. The only 'stuff' I use are things picked up from friends, most of whom follow other clubs, and contacts through my work.

Will happily tell you once the window closes whether I win or lose and also the reasoning behind those bets.

One of the two bets I have already mentally written-off, however, made a third bet over recent days to try and cover the other two.

Again, I am at pains to point out that I don't claim or pretend to be 'ITK'. The only 'stuff' I use are things picked up from friends, most of whom follow other clubs, and contacts through my work.

Your wife will be gutted if she doesn't get her annual deadline day new car.

Your wife will be gutted if she doesn't get her annual deadline day new car.

Please, don't give her ideas !

Right, I will tell you that one of my two bets was Bolton.

This was the 'speculative' / 'surprise' one that I flagged weeks ago.

Why did I go for Bolton ?

Friend of mine who follows Bolton and picks-up some good stuff told me before last season ended that he thought that wee Dougie wanted Rhodes whether Bolton went up through the play-offs or faced another season in the Championship. His credibility is pretty good as he told me about Coyle leaving and Freedman arriving in good time before either event happened.

Wont tell you yet about my second bet as there are some sensitivities at this stage.

Please, don't give her ideas !

Right, I will tell you that one of my two bets was Bolton.

This was the 'speculative' / 'surprise' one that I flagged weeks ago.

Why did I go for Bolton ?

Friend of mine who follows Bolton and picks-up some good stuff told me before last season ended that he thought that wee Dougie wanted Rhodes whether Bolton went up through the play-offs or faced another season in the Championship. His credibility is pretty good as he told me about Coyle leaving and Freedman arriving in good time before either event happened.

Wont tell you yet about my second bet as there are some sensitivities at this stage.

If you put money on that one you're bonkers, Bolton haven't got a pot to wee in, doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that out merc!

The main one being that it's not true?

Look I've tried to be open with you.

Can't and wont do any more - you can only meet a person halfway.

If you put money on that one you're bonkers, Bolton haven't got a pot to wee in, doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that out merc!

Gav - did sound incredulous, then so did the notion of Dalglish and Shearer coming to Rovers.

Freedman had taken Bolton on a storming closing season run and at the time, there was a lot of bullishness / optimism within The Reebok including, so I am told, Eddie Davies.

• Backroom

Jesus christ I can't wait for tues to come. Don't know what will please me more, JR staying at the club or MM finally shutting the @#/? up!

How saxoman got banned for being a WUM yet this plank repeating the same thing for 3 months is considered "ok" is beyond me. And for what reason is that? Cos he is considered one of the "regular" posters! Well @#/? me, what a great advert for BRFCS's quality that is. Laughable.

Jesus christ I can't wait for tues to come. Don't know what will please me more, JR staying at the club or MM finally shutting the Kean up!

How saxoman got banned for being a WUM yet this plank repeating the same thing for 3 months is considered "ok" is beyond me. And for what reason is that? Cos he is considered one of the "regular" posters! Well Kean me, what a great advert for BRFCS's quality that is. Laughable.

Clearly, you suffer from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of ideas.

You are right, you aren't a great advert for this MB.

Jesus christ I can't wait for tues to come. Don't know what will please me more, JR staying at the club or MM finally shutting the Kean up!

How saxoman got banned for being a WUM yet this plank repeating the same thing for 3 months is considered "ok" is beyond me. And for what reason is that? Cos he is considered one of the "regular" posters! Well Kean me, what a great advert for BRFCS's quality that is. Laughable.

If you don't like what Mercerman writes put him on ignore. It's a forum after all. Many of us enjoy reading different view points and Mercerman always argues his point politely which is more than can be said of some on here. Personally, I think it's the continual attacks on certain members which drives many posters away from this forum. It would be a pretty dull place if we all had to think alike.

even site stalwarts like Abbey know when its time to give it a rest and take stock, Mercer is just a relentless twonk, I hope he loses every penny that he's bet(and never wins another penny in his life)

Archived