BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Seems like a fair enough stance that Wigan have taken. They probably know that the player himself wouldn't see them as much of a step up and have decided to test Venkys. Will be interesting to see if they have learned anything.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well I just hope our owners either ignore attempts to contact them as they have done often enough in the past, are confused enough to not make a decision quickly enough but not too confused as to mistake Rhodes for some other guy we'd quite like rid of, aren't listening to Singh ( get rid - I can find you any number of Portuguese players to replace him) and that we tell Wigan where to shove their bid.

It'd be quite typical for this to be the one decision Venky's actually make very quickly.

Any idea how big the bid is ?

It is now lunchtime in India so we should know pretty soon.

Looks like it is £8.5 upfront with £2.5 million guaranteed add ons. Contact says that they will offer Rhodes a get out clause if Wigan do not go up and a PL club comes in for him next summer and offer what they paid Rovers upfront.

Looks like it is £8.5 upfront with £2.5 million guaranteed add ons. Contact says that they will offer Rhodes a get out clause if Wigan do not go up and a PL club comes in for him next summer and offer what they paid Rovers upfront.

Unfortunately, I think he's gone then.

Clever stuff from Wigan.

If we say no then he won't be going to Wigan. Rhodes won't force a move to Wigan.

Understand that but I think Rovers are more likely to accept that offer than not.

Also, I doubt very much that Wigan will have made that offer without having sounded out the Rhodes' camp.

Clever stuff from Wigan.

I don't get into insulting other fans but you really do seem to be loving this Rhodes to anyone who might fancy him that's going on ATM. Can you please just leave it till after 11 when well know where he is and you can either have this thread to yourself to say I told you so, or come back and tell us why it didn't happen? Just a very polite request from me

I don't think he'll go to Wigan, but agree, bit of a teasing bid!

A guaranteed £11m is very tempting (even after the last two matches). I hope the Venky's leave this decision to GB - and he can make it purely on football terms i.e. whether he thinks he could use the money to make the team better overall - or whether he feels we need the finishing touch of Rhodes (at the moment he seems to be building the team around creating chances for Rhodes - so more likely he would want to keep)

There was an interview last week with Owen Coyle, where it became obvious that he was interested in Rhodes. However, I think everyone can relax because, unfortunately for us as well know, can be very, very stubborn. I don't believe that they will sell Rhodes today.

I guess this link has been on here already?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408554/Wigan-set-deadline-Blackburn-Jordan-Rhodes-deal.html

A guaranteed £11m is very tempting (even after the last two matches). I hope the Venky's leave this decision to GB - and he can make it purely on football terms i.e. whether he thinks he could use the money to make the team better overall - or whether he feels we need the finishing touch of Rhodes (at the moment he seems to be building the team around creating chances for Rhodes - so more likely he would want to keep)

Indeed, fingers crossed. Only another bloody 14 hours!

I don't get into insulting other fans but you really do seem to be loving this Rhodes to anyone who might fancy him that's going on ATM. Can you please just leave it till after 11 when well know where he is and you can either have this thread to yourself to say I told you so, or come back and tell us why it didn't happen? Just a very polite request from me

Crikey - it's 'deadline' day which usually brings a dread of losing our better players or the excitement of bringing in, hopefully, one or two talents.

Rhodes is by far and away Rovers' biggest asset and it's inevitable that supporters will talk about him - we've had precious little to talk about in the last 3 years.

As I have said on a number of occasions over the last couple of days - I want him to stay and will be delighted if he does and no one was cheering as loudly on Saturday when he scored each of his goals - is there some part of that statement that you don't understand or do you usually bury your head in the sand and hope things don't happen.

By the way, the thought of Rovers signing Aaron Wilbraham fills me with dread.

If he has another season like last (and the early signs are good) then surely his stock will rise significantly and he will be worth a lot more in the summer. This has to be a consideration when making the decision whether to sell or not.

That said Venky's track record at making the wrong decisions is excellent.

No, I don't bury my head. There's a large part of me that suspects he will go. However, I don't delight in the prospect as you seem to. I would put you on temporary ignore- I don't have a problem with your posts normally - but just on this one topic and occasion. We all know you think Rhodes is off, so I politely asked you to refrain from mentioning it every 2 minutes. What you say- I don't want him to go- and the relish with which you greet every comment that suggests he just might, don't match up in my opinion. And just to show I don't always disagree, I too find the prospect of wilbrahim totally underwhelming

I don't think the Rao's will let Rhodes go anywhere for less than £20m.

The whole thing would be far too much hassle for any figure less than that, at this late stage.

End of !!! :xmas:

20m!!! Do you still believe in fairies WYR?

I guess the whole deal revolves around a musical chairs situation of MU shelling out for Baines and Fellaini, Everton then having a few bob to spend on Macarthy and Wigan having a few bob to spend themselves.

Personally, and I am only second guessing his agents thougt processes here, but unless they up his personal terms significantly (and Whelan isn't daft enough to unsettle and entire squad by doing that is he?) I can't see much benefit to him or his agent in accepting a move to Wigan. Seems Bowyer has the team set up to supply JR with pen area chances and if so he'll likely be playing in the Prem by early February 14 anyway.

Clever stuff from Wigan.

Give over. Nothing to even think about for either Club or player. How can add ons ever be guaranteed? It's 8.5 + 2.5 we may never get.

And you wonder why you annoy people.

Is it 10a.m. yet? Jog on Wigan.

Archived