BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Backroom

Clearly, you suffer from diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of ideas.

You are right, you aren't a great advert for this MB.

Yeah, u are right, I wish I had such great ideas as lumping a load of money on Rhodes to go to Bolton. :-)

Jesus, u are akin to one of those morons that bets on the world ending.

Just ignore me pal as I will u, and then hopefully come tues u will slink away into the shadows. Although I highly doubt it as u appear to be one of those that thrives of the attention. And sadly, you seem to get a lot of it round here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't like what Mercerman writes put him on ignore. It's a forum after all. Many of us enjoy reading different view points and Mercerman always argues his point politely which is more than can be said of some on here. Personally, I think it's the continual attacks on certain members which drives many posters away from this forum. It would be a pretty dull place if we all had to think alike.

Ignore is pointless when his boring twaddle gets quoted so much,

different views is one thing, talking absolute BS is another,

a lot of good posts get buried amongst the crud his BS instigates.

• Backroom

If you don't like what Mercerman writes put him on ignore. It's a forum after all. Many of us enjoy reading different view points and Mercerman always argues his point politely which is more than can be said of some on here. Personally, I think it's the continual attacks on certain members which drives many posters away from this forum. It would be a pretty dull place if we all had to think alike.

Fair enough PB, I will ignore him. It's one thing having an opinion, it's a totally different thing ramming it down peoples throats for 3 whole months in a totally transparent "look at me!" fashion.

Anyway,I have made my opinion clear and unlike him, will leave it at that and move on, as it is not my intention to ruin the messageboard. Double standards is all I am saying. You say its a message board of people's opinions. Well saxoman had plenty of different opinions, some people would agree with, some not so much. But he got banned. Yet MM waffles on about the same one constantly that the majority appear to disagree with. And that's all hunky dory. Sorry, doesn't compute for me.

Oh well, it will all be done in 48 hours thank god!

I like Mercerman as a poster on the whole but he fully deserves any criticism going over Rhodes imo.

Whether Rhodes went anywhere or not there was plainly never any prospect of him going to Bolton, yet Mm peddled this agenda relentlessly all summer.

Then a week ago when only slightly less unlikely rumours of a possible move to Wigan emerged Merce dramatically changed loyalties and in a face saving attempt hitched his allegiance to the Wigan bandwagon.

Moral of the tale if you're going to be a WUM, don't dish it out if you can't take it back in return.

how about this for a bet Mercer - If Rhodes is sold to the club you have bet on, I will happily leave this site for ever(and maybe some other members will bet the same), BUT if Rhodes is still here tuesday morning YOU go for at least 3 months(or longer if your really willing to put it where your mouth is!)

I like Mercerman as a poster on the whole but he fully deserves any criticism going over Rhodes imo.

Whether Rhodes went anywhere or not there was plainly never any prospect of him going to Bolton, yet Mm peddled this agenda relentlessly all summer.

Then a week ago when only slightly less unlikely rumours of a possible move to Wigan emerged Merce dramatically changed loyalties and in a face saving attempt hitched his allegiance to the Wigan bandwagon.

Moral of the tale if you're going to be a WUM, don't dish it out if you can't take it back in return.

sounds just like Alan Nixon :rover:

• Moderation Lead

Exactly right.

You all take this MB way too seriously. Its a few Rovers fans discussing football.

If you don't like what MM says just ignore it. My bet is that he's sat at home laughing at how many of you take the bait from his posts.

Now then, on to Rhodes. Only 28 hours to get shot of him to any willing takers. GB leaving it a bit late to bring anyone else in too. Worrying :excl::brfcsmilie::xmas::brfc:

Look, you more than most have been around to realise that things change very quickly in football.

Supposedly, SAF was a cup defeat at Forest away from the sack, speculation that GB's position would have been very difficult had we lost to Barnsley.

How many would have said back in the autumn on 1991 that Kenny would have come to Rovers as manager. I would suggest that was far more incredulous than Rhodes going to either Bolton or Wigan.

I am not a wum and don't 'dish it out', though I take plenty in return and retaliate on occasions when I feel that I have been insulted by imbeciles.

All credit to you Rev, at least you keep some civility in your postings whether you agree with the poster or not.

• Backroom

Right enough now, I don't mind a gentle ribbing of mercer if Rhodes stays and I'm sure he's gracious enough to accept that and would probably accept he's been a little bit cheeky with the wee dougie stuff but some of this is personal now and uncalled for

Nice attempt at diffusing the situation Merce. I could almost forget you ever posted on the subject.

You sound a little bit like PhilipL. Post the most outrageous bunkum then when you"re found out claim you were correct at one point but the situation changed!

Hee hee. Were you ever a political spin doctor in this or any other life? Maybe you should be.

I

Says a WUM who couldn't accept that Pedersen was popular with fans who knew their football. I read Mercerman's posts but ignore what he is saying because he tends to change his stance according to which way the wind is blowing. To give him credit, he is entertaining though, in the same way a clown is the most entertaining act at a circus.

Says a WUM who couldn't accept that Pedersen was popular with fans who knew their football. I read Mercerman's posts but ignore what he is saying because he tends to change his stance according to which way the wind is blowing. To give him credit, he is entertaining though, in the same way a clown is the most entertaining act at a circus.

.......which is rather more than can be said for you these days.

Evening jim, how are you, you've been very quiet this weekend, I thought you must be sulking because we had another resounding victory.

The irony of it, labelled a WUM by someone who started a relegation thread after 3 games. I may never recover.

Back on topic I thought Rhodes made another huge difference yesterday. At 1-0 up he converted a very sharp chance in the blink of an eye with absolute aplomb to make it potentially a very comfortable afternoon.

His opposite numbers (Ngog and Beckford?) looked ok in all round play but were each given very presentable chances at different points and each fluffed their lines completely.

If they take their chances and Rhodes misses his the outcome might have been very different.

Strikers win games. Or at least really good ones do. Poor to average ones often ensure you don't get the result your overall play deserves.

That's why I think regardless of arguments about his overall play (which I think is better than is often made out) he is worth every penny we paid for him. And then some.

I've got this forum thing all wrong , i thought forums like this were there for fans to talk, share opinions an yes debate matters regarding Rovers , when in fact its all about slagging each other off i dont have a problem with MM or Chaddy or any poster ,different points of view whether you agree or not , surely is the best ingredient to a successful messageboard .... No ?

how about this for a bet Mercer - If Rhodes is sold to the club you have bet on, I will happily leave this site for ever(and maybe some other members will bet the same), BUT if Rhodes is still here tuesday morning YOU go for at least 3 months(or longer if your really willing to put it where your mouth is!)

Why take everything so seriously? It's only the internet version of tap room talk after all.

Says a WUM who claims to hate Thatcher but turns out to be near enough her personal @#/? biographer!

Couldn't agree more Rev. His value is hugely underestimated by some, and I genuinely cannot comprehend the logic of anybody who believes selling Jordan would in any way strengthen us.

It would if we had continued playing tactics that suited a completely different type of striker i.e. one suited to holding up the ball for supporting midfielders . Playing Dunny in a roving support role and exploiting Kings pace to the maximum suggest that we are now able to play higher up the pitch and properly utilise Rhodes undoubted finishing skills. The kicker is that the better we do that the sooner he is gone. :unsure:

Nice attempt at diffusing the situation Merce. I could almost forget you ever posted on the subject.

You sound a little bit like PhilipL. Post the most outrageous bunkum then when you"re found out claim you were correct at one point but the situation changed!

Hee hee. Were you ever a political spin doctor in this or any other life? Maybe you should be.

At least my ridiculous bunkum gets printed in the Economist.

I've got this forum thing all wrong , i thought forums like this were there for fans to talk, share opinions an yes debate matters regarding Rovers , when in fact its all about slagging each other off i dont have a problem with MM or Chaddy or any poster ,different points of view whether you agree or not , surely is the best ingredient to a successful messageboard .... No ?

On the whole yes, but then you get those who make ridiculous statements or have illogical hatred of a certain player which you either let go or have to challenge. The trick is not to take any of it too seriously, it's only a messageboard.

Back to Rhodes to judge from Steve Bruce's statements over the weekend and their desperate need for a goalscorer I wouldn't be surprised to see Hull make an 11th-hour bid with Cairney as part of the deal as a sweetener.

Archived