BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

Did they have 4 clear chances? Beckfords was a poor miss but so was Rhodes clear header 6 yards out

They are lacking more than a striker, at least today they did

Goals change matches - give confidence and momentum.

First goal always key and when followed quickly by a second................

Very good chance that Rhodes would have buried the Beckford miss - would have energised Bolton and deflated Rovers.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if we swapped strikers, Bolton win that game 4-1 :)

look like your wee Dougie has took Bolton to bottom of the league.

think you need to face facts that your Dougie or Coyley that Rhodes WILL NOT be signing for them.

also Rovers would won 4-1 and you say Bolton could have won 4-1 if they Rhodes playing for them but SADLY he's not. He is BRFC player!

Bolton will be struggle to make the playoffs. that squad is lacking depth and quality. Knight and Wheater are too slow as centre back partnership

Goals change matches - give confidence and momentum.

First goal always key and when followed quickly by a second................

Very good chance that Rhodes would have buried the Beckford miss - would have energised Bolton and deflated Rovers.

if but maybes but the facts are that Rovers won with the goal machine in Rhodes scoring and Rhodes is staying at Rovers

look like your wee Dougie has took Bolton to bottom of the league.

think you need to face facts that your Dougie or Coyley that Rhodes WILL NOT be signing for them.

also Rovers would won 4-1 and you say Bolton could have won 4-1 if they Rhodes playing for them but SADLY he's not. He is BRFC player!

Bolton will be struggle to make the playoffs. that squad is lacking depth and quality. Knight and Wheater are too slow as centre back partnership

if but maybes but the facts are that Rovers won with the goal machine in Rhodes scoring and Rhodes is staying at Rovers

Chaddy, there are 48 hours to go until the window closes.

If I was you, I would get mumsy to make you a nice cup of Horlicks and then go and try and sleep for 48 hours until it's all over.

Wishful thinking will never displace what happens in reality.

If I was you, I would get mumsy to make you a nice cup of Horlicks and then go and try and sleep for 48 hours until it's all over.

Jog on wee Nickoman, for you are the one who needs to breath in some reality!

I thought Jordan was quality again today- give him chances he will score them. I have been impressed by our attitude today and we scared Bolton silly at times.

Uncle Eddie must be fuming.

Many Bowton fans saying 'wee Doogie' has lost the plot, with his comments after the game !

I think he may soon be losing the dressing room, some rather incoherent stuff coming from the 'real deals' lips, oh dear,oh dear !

Saw the interview and didn't hear anything untoward. The frustrations of a manager let down by some of his players.

Bowyer / Rovers are getting rid of the deadwood at a huge cost - on a smaller scale, Bolton need to do the same.

If I was you I would go have good cry for when you best mate wee Dougie gets sack at Bolton for taking Bolton to BOTTOM of the league!!!

Bet Uncle Eddie is happy now???

Bowyer's comments after today's game are Jordan Rhodes is very important to us. He proved again what a quality finisher he is. It is not just his goals but also his work rate.

"When I first took the job I asked the owners about Jordan Rhodes and they said he was not for sale. As soon as 23:00 BST comes on Monday you will have to talk about something else. He is better than a £10m player for me. He is a goalscorer.

"I thought we were very clinical today again and we might have had a couple more in the first half. Their goalkeeper made a couple of outstanding saves."

Think its take you FACE the FACT that the goal machine Jordan Rhodes is going nowhere, and STAYING at ROVERS!!!

Someone on twitter has posted this

Is it true Rhodes' agent was at the Wigan game?? #rovers #brfc #wigan #wafc

think you might be a bit lost so here's a link so you can be directed in the right direction don't let that door hit you on the way out

http://www.bwfcforum.com/

Jog on wee Nickoman, for you are the one who needs to breath in some reality!

I thought Jordan was quality again today- give him chances he will score them. I have been impressed by our attitude today and we scared Bolton silly at times.

Uncle Eddie must be fuming.

Look, I am delighted by today's result / performance. Don't think I've enjoyed a Rovers' match as much since Venky's bought the club.

Need to keep feet on ground though.

MB ebullient but defeat at Burnley would bring it crashing down.

If I was you I would go have good cry for when you best mate wee Dougie gets sack at Bolton for taking Bolton to BOTTOM of the league!!!

Bowyer's comments after today's game are Jordan Rhodes is very important to us. He proved again what a quality finisher he is. It is not just his goals but also his work rate.

"When I first took the job I asked the owners about Jordan Rhodes and they said he was not for sale. As soon as 23:00 BST comes on Monday you will have to talk about something else. He is better than a £10m player for me. He is a goalscorer.

"I thought we were very clinical today again and we might have had a couple more in the first half. Their goalkeeper made a couple of outstanding saves."

Think its take you FACE the FACT that the goal machine Jordan Rhodes is going nowhere, and STAYING at ROVERS!!!

Oh Chaddy, Chaddy.

FFS, get a life and a woman.

think you might be a bit lost so here's a link so you can be directed in the right direction don't let that door hit you on the way out

http://www.bwfcforum.com/

Its like a flash back to when we had a clown in charge (of the team)

Look, I am delighted by today's result / performance. Don't think I've enjoyed a Rovers' match as much since Venky's bought the club.

Need to keep feet on ground though.

MB ebullient but defeat at Burnley would bring it crashing down.

Oh Chaddy, Chaddy.

FFS, get a life and a woman.

why do you have to add a negative on a day like today

One swallow does not make a summer !

Caution inherent in my profession.

So wee Dougie says they need 3 or 4 new players what do you think they will spend on the last day of the window 10 to 15 mil on the players they need big investment for the Trotters i'd say

Bet Uncle Eddie is happy now???

Someone on twitter has posted this

Is it true Rhodes' agent was at the Wigan game?? #rovers #brfc #wigan #wafc

So the price for Rhodes is £10m, thats all i see confirmed. Cant see any Championship team pay that (although Wigans parachute payments are bigger than ours), but defo could see Hull paying it.

So the price for Rhodes is £10m, thats all i see confirmed. Cant see any Championship team pay that (although Wigans parachute payments are bigger than ours), but defo could see Hull paying it.

Hull is the worry for me, we know their manager rates him (well he did for the championship) and they do need someone to take chances. The may not want to stump up £10mil.

We need to send Rhodes to some Maldives island with out a phone along with his agent until Monday. Im hoping and do think he will still be our player def uptil Jan. The team spirit and belief now pretty obvious at rovers may mean he wont go to any other championship team.

One swallow does not make a summer !

Caution inherent in my profession.

There's being cautious and then there's going out of your way to find any negative angle you can. Its so tedious and boring. You're entitled to your opinion but its clear that you're being shamelessly provocative. Just get over yourself.

Can't see Rhodes going. He's not worth the stupid transfer fee it'll cost to buy him. Of course it could happen but I'd be surprised if any Premier League club would fork out £15m for him, never mind a Championship side.

Depends on whether our wonderful indian owners want their money back I suppose (see Glen Mullans post)

Hope we don't sell as he's currently our best striker, but wouldn't be surprised if we did, (despite GB's comments).

(Those claiming statistically he's our best striker since Shearer, surely recognise Rhodes is miles ability-wise behind Bellamy, Cole, Yorke, Jansen, Santa Cruz, McCarthy and Yakubu don't they?)

If Everton had a bit more money I could see them making a bid, but can't see them having the cash to bid £8m+ and also pay his alleged £40k a week wages. I reckon we'll be alright, though you can never be sure. Stoke is another club I could see putting in a bid. Maybe Sunderland too.

This is a very clever shout and now you've got me worried because they're coming into £25m+ on Monday from Fellaini to United...

Hull is the worry for me, we know their manager rates him (well he did for the championship) and they do need someone to take chances. They may not want to stump up £10mil.

We need to send Rhodes to some Maldives island with out a phone along with his agent until Monday. Im hoping and do think he will still be our player def uptil Jan. The team spirit and belief now pretty obvious at rovers may mean he wont go to any other championship team.

Hull look at Rhodes during the summer and couldn't afford the asking price, so what you think they can now?

This is a very clever shout and now you've got me worried because they're coming into £25m+ on Monday from Fellaini to United...

I don't see him going to Everton cos they got 3 strikers in Jelavic, Victor Anichebe and Kone.

There's being cautious and then there's going out of your way to find any negative angle you can. Its so tedious and boring. You're entitled to your opinion but its clear that you're being shamelessly provocative. Just get over yourself.

Can't see Rhodes going. He's not worth the stupid transfer fee it'll cost to buy him. Of course it could happen but I'd be surprised if any Premier League club would fork out £15m for him, never mind a Championship side.

Rovers stance all summer has been He's not for sale. Bowyer said this again yesterday.

Bowyer has built a team around Rhodes to get the best out of him and sign players to fit this system. Players like Marshall, Cairney, Judge, Taylor plus Dunn and King aswell.

Good to finally see a manager playing to the strengths of the team and getting best out of the goal machine in Jordan Rhodes

It is going to be a nervous 36 hours or so.

Even though we have said that we won't sell him to another Championship club, Wigan will be testing Rovers with a bid. They are about to sell McCarthy and also McManaman,that will bring them around £18 million. They are getting Powell in from United on loan so that leaves them with a a lot of money should they wish to bid for Rhodes.

I also would be amazed if there isn't a bid from a PL club before the close of the window. Newcastle, Hull and West Brom remain interested, but the key thing is are they willing to put in a £10 million plus bid? The other one to watch is West Ham, they are getting desperate for a striker, if they fail to land Ba on loan then they could also turn their attention to Rhodes. Although Venky's would be loathed to do business with Big Sam.

Fingers crossed that we can keep hold of him.

Why are we even worrying about selling to Wigan? We are a much bigger club than them in the same damn league! He's hardly going to hand in a transfer request if we reject a bid from Wigan. I am only worried if a Prem team comes in for him.

It is going to be a nervous 36 hours or so.

Even though we have said that we won't sell him to another Championship club, Wigan will be testing Rovers with a bid. They are about to sell McCarthy and also McManaman,that will bring them around £18 million. They are getting Powell in from United on loan so that leaves them with a a lot of money should they wish to bid for Rhodes.

I also would be amazed if there isn't a bid from a PL club before the close of the window. Newcastle, Hull and West Brom remain interested, but the key thing is are they willing to put in a £10 million plus bid? The other one to watch is West Ham, they are getting desperate for a striker, if they fail to land Ba on loan then they could also turn their attention to Rhodes. Although Venky's would be loathed to do business with Big Sam.

Fingers crossed that we can keep hold of him.

West ham have repeatedly said they have to sell before they can buy. It could be a ploy of course but to then whack a £10million+ would be out of the blue.

Newcastle will be the biggest worry. Esp if they flog Cabaye to Arsenal/PSG.

Archived