BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least my ridiculous bunkum gets printed in the Economist.

Really phillip? I might subscribe if that is the case. Most of the "ridiculous bunkem" I've seen printed about you has been in the far less cerebral and certainly less discerning sections of the 'popular' press.

Really phillip? I might subscribe if that is the case. Most of the "ridiculous bunkem" I've seen printed about you has been in the far less cerebral and certainly less discerning sections of the 'popular' press.

Who? Moi? :rock:

I think you must be mistaken but if so you are quite welcome to form an orderly queue. :tu:

Whether Jordan stays or goes- one thing we must remember is that it's happened before and it will happen again. As Saxo man iterates, he looked happy a which can only be good for the club.

SM also hits on the point regarding the tactical decisions- GB had to change idea and bring players in after rochina got injured and it clicked...

Long way to go still but if we keep creating chances we will score goals. Impressive defending at times also.

As for Mercer- I agree it's not cricket to personally abuse him. The fact remains that he has changed his tune a lot this summer almost identically parallel to Alan Nixon- who is well known for his scandal mongering paper selling tactics.

We all know JR11 may leave today or tomorrow but to constantly speculate will irk fans. Especially when it is almost a "touting" method- backed by references to you making bets.

This element makes your "opinions" basically recycled alan nixon adverse statements which where intended to sell newspapers to fans who thought their club may get a gem. The referring to Bolton staff with affectionate names was the most obvious attempt to wind further a well wound fanbase. It's the definition of keyboard warrior WUM

Speculation is one thing, i can deal with whispers- and this goes for Kamy also- if it's based on you putting 2 and 2 together, I'd rather not know it. You of all people should know that adding fuel to this kind of fire is never a good thing.

• Backroom

Jesus this thread has got tedious, all I want is the latest on Jordan.

Exactly, that's why I made my point earlier.

That's why I come to this thread too, cos I want the latest on jordan and think he is vital to the future of rovers and am genuinely concerned about his possible departure.

But instead of news all there is is pages of guff from attention seekers.

Bottom line seems to be there is no new developments and barring a shock last minute transfer deadline bid (not unusual I know) then it looks like he will be with us until at least January.

And personally, I feel with the team now built around him that gives us a good shot at the playoffs. Certanties or favourites? Now way imo, but a fighting chance, definitely.

And that's why I will be celebrating big time if he is still here come tues morning. Fingers crossed.

what part of we wont sell to another champoinship club do you not actually get,prem team believable but come on wigan of all teams

Well let's just hope that the words spoken by 'Shelfy' prove correct.

I cant see why he'd want to go to Wigan that'd just be a sideways step, cant see then doing great this year tbh. If a PL team comes in fair enough but Wigan?

It's reported that Rhodes' agent was at Wigan yesterday for the match. Coincidence ?

If Rhodes is sold at this late stage in the window then I would imagine the gate for the next home game will be down by a couple of thousand. After a couple of resounding victories, the fans on a high, and football team looking something like what we're used to, they wouldn't sell the best goal scorer we've had in years, would they? :rock:

Ps - give mercerman a break, I've been one of his biggest critics, but its good to have him around.

Come on Gavn I have nothing against mm but he has most certainly invited criticism with his incessant going on about wee this and Rhodes that. He has even been asked nicely. Somehow, I think, mm is getting just what he's wanted.

• Backroom

I wouldn't put it past Venky's to sell him to Wigan, but logically it would be absolutely ridiculous and completely destroy any small amount of goodwill they've garnered by shutting their mouths and leaving GB to do his business as he sees fit.

Archived