BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whelan on Talksport just now - saying doesn't know why Blackburn Rovers said they've made an offer for Rhodes, says its wrong for BRFC to say it.

There are many ways to phrase it to make both camps mostly right:

1. Wigan makes an inquiry, asking if Rhodes is for sale if the price is X. No bid, just a question.

2. Wigan makes a conditional bid to speed the process- if McCarthy is sold to ManU, then please accept this as a bid for Rhodes at X amount. There is no bid unless the condition occurs; no sale, no bid, despite having the paper in Rovers' office.

There are probably other variants, but it is possible for sources and reporters to be telling the truth (substantially) with misinterpretation or hair splitting legalities explaining the difference.

Nicko saying McCarthy to Everton deal agreed. Hope Wigan dont look to spend the cash at Ewood.

Not a hope there is only 1 hour 20 left. I think we can all say with certainty now that Jordan Rhodes will still be a Rovers player come 23:00 tonight and Mercerman will be a few quid down.

• Backroom

you would have had to see it to really appreciate it,

some on here saw it live as it unfolded, they can describe it better than me lol

It was the name dropping text messages I always liked best

@reluctantnicko: Wigan have no time to spend tonight. Cheers. However that will be about 10m in the pot for loan-to-buy deals in ten days.

nicko clutching at straws

Nicko is thicker than a pile of pig sh1t. Why he is being quoted on here and relied on is beyond me.

ask mercerman

Very surprised to hear from a quite annoyed sounding Whelan frankly, about him not putting in a bid for Rhodes. Although him saying he would have put in an offer if he had any movement on McCarthy Perhaps its the man called A Gent sticking his ore in.

I'll be very happy once 11pm strikes and we still have hold of Rhodes.

Nicko is thicker than a pile of pig sh1t. Why he is being quoted on here and relied on is beyond me.

Just trying to keep people in the loop with what I see.

Nicko still has contacts in the game, and is very close to Coyle.

Just trying to keep people in the loop with what I see.

Nicko still has contacts in the game, and is very close to Coyle.

Who cares what Coyle says or does - the middle aged short wearing pillock. We need to include "Nicko" as another banned word on this website - for he only spouts dross.

Archived