BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone hear the comments by Whealan saying he made no offer, Just an enquiry, and we released the news they offered?

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-dave-whelan-evertons-mccarthy-bid-absolute-madness-13090258359?

Whealan is definitely miffed with rovers, I don't think either club have done anything wrong just a bit of a miss understanding because of a few badly worded articles I think(though the talkshyte prat was trying to put words into Whealans mouth saying that we where just using Wigan).

• Backroom

Looking increasingly good for us, can't see Rhodes leaving now.

Everton & WBA concentrating on Lukaku whilst not a peep from any other prospective Premier League Clubs.

Has there even been one bit of interest from a premier league club? As many said he's not the type of player that can work in a lot of premier league teams the way they line up

It was on the SSN ticker most of the evening. At least whenever I flicked channels it was on. (The Wigan £6m bit). Makes it sound completely made up, and rather derisory to the player and insulting to our club. As though "rugby town Wigan" are a bigger football club than us!

Whealan is definitely miffed with rovers, I don't think either club have done anything wrong just a bit of a miss understanding because of a few badly worded articles I think(though the talkshyte prat was trying to put words into Whealans mouth saying that we where just using Wigan).

Dave Whelan has been in Ireland all day, so he said, will have been getting a lot of stuff 2nd hand anyway.

Yes, great as he is at this level that lack of pace makes Jordan unattractive to Premier League managers.

Lack of being able to hold the ball up and bring others into game, more than pace.

• Moderation Lead

Short termism Stuart. Wigan were media darlings last season as the underdogs. They forget Wigan being a footballing minnow until about 8 years ago, whereas we've been in the top two divisions for most of our history.

Whealan is definitely miffed with rovers.

I'm a bit miffed with Whelan, as it goes.

Short termism Stuart. Wigan were media darlings last season as the underdogs. They forget Wigan being a footballing minnow until about 8 years ago, whereas we've been in the top two divisions for most of our history.

Minnows is being kind.

It was on the SSN ticker most of the evening. At least whenever I flicked channels it was on. (The Wigan £6m bit). Makes it sound completely made up, and rather derisory to the player and insulting to our club. As though "rugby town Wigan" are a bigger football club than us!

i'll be amazed if Jordan Rhodes is still a Blackburn player come 1st September , but (and this may sound hypocritical) i think he's better than Hull ... IF he goes there i can only see him fighting relegation next year

Be amazed.

So what, club is in so much turmoil, Jordan will be paid to leave, hollow shell of a club I once loved. We will start in the Championship, god knows where we will end.

Just plain wrong.

I would be extremely surprised if Rhodes is still here come the start of next season, I'm not much looking forward to this transfer window. ....

Be surprised.

Gary Bowyer (the last to know, IF he's even in the loop) said we don't have to trim the wage budget. So sleep easy folks!!

Spot on!

There is spin and the usual party lines coming out at the moment, however surely we have to get some money in and Rhodes is one of our few assets left.

Apparently not.

Told you on the Season ticket thread 3 days ago that IMO he was almost certainly off with the fee nowhere near £15m and I was that confident that there was a sizeable bet riding on it.

Seems some are still catching-up 3 days later or changing their minds as more info. seemingly emerges.

Think GM said no sales, no pressure to sell. Hmmm.

Complete and utter garbage.

Seems to me that the Rhodes £8m was a one season gamble to get back to the PL with the insurance that we'll at least get our money back.

Invent a story that he's not happy, like many better players before him and back to Plan F. Or is it Plan R?

Insightful observation? Nah ... complete bol***s.

etc ... etc ... etc all summer long....

Everton offered 14.5 Mil for McCarthy. 2 mins to go.

And Sky now report James McCarthy arrives at the training ground. What 3 minutes after the bid was accepted. This stuff is getting ridiculous. Its more showbiz than Dallas. Every season it seems more and more scripted. The only thing I have seen happen in real time tonight is the ne'er-do-well who pitched up behind the North East reporter and gave the old 'Thomas The Tanker' action.

I suspect that GB saw the Sky Sports News ticker and reacted to that in his radio interviews. And I suspect a mate of Owen Coyle shoved that "news" to SSN so Whelan was also being straight in a way.

Archived