BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM only wound up those who allowed themselves to be wound up. Many others have enjoyed his contributions. A forum should allow all views and as long as they are polite and not offensive I really don't see a problem. However, some of the attacks on MM have been out of order - in my opinion of course. And a forum is all about different opinions. There are many different opinions about Rhodes ability outside of the penalty area and the fact that no other club made a serious bid for him would suggest that those clubs believe he is still developing. However, if he improves certain aspects of his game I have no doubt that come January or next summer we will have to fend off offers for him.

There was a post by mercer the other day concerning cryer that made me think twice. The only content was how cryer had been 6 hours behind Nixon in his story. I found that strange as why would almost anyone give a hoot? Who wasn't Nixon?

I have no issue with Mercer or anyone else posting what they want within reason. If a mod has to use his intuition to detect trolls, then readers surely should use their intuition to distinguish crap from gold.

It's your own fault for having such a good long holiday! No sympathy!! :P

Who wouldn't need a 6 week break after dealing with kids for god knows how long???

18-21 year olds are bad enough :P;)

None asked for. We had a fantastic time but it's just frustrating when you come back to find that having missed every Lorient game because they were always away when we were there we now get back on the back of 2 high scoring rovers performances to find that there's no Ewood match for weeks. Korea and the wedding however, were sensational so I can't really complain at all.

None asked for. We had a fantastic time but it's just frustrating when you come back to find that having missed every Lorient game because they were always away when we were there we now get back on the back of 2 high scoring rovers performances to find that there's no Ewood match for weeks. Korea and the wedding however, were sensational so I can't really complain at all.

Nice one. Glad you had a good time.

Let's hope you don't bring us any bad luck on your return!

Please to see JR back amongst the goals as I was a little concerned by his lacklustre pre and early season performances. Probably understandable with lots going on behind the scenes. Let's hope we can keep creating chances for him and keep him firing.

As to all the nonsense about the views of one poster. Suggest people give their head a rattle. MM has never come close to upsetting me, but then again why should he? I don't give a flick what he posts and all contributions on here should be taken with a pinch of salt anyway. It's a message board, not a court submission.

It was always highly unlikely that JR would leave, for a myriad of different reasons and many of us held that view. If thinking for yourself and holding your own view, how can someone else influence that anyway? Strange.

The ITK crowd are a curious breed. Instead of treating 95% of what they hear as rubbish not even worth discussion, they seem to treat about 50% of it as likely and 50% as unlikely but worth heated argument. Those who've gone to great lengths to extravagantly accuse Mercerman of being a false prophet are the very people who encourage the whole pointless charade.

It's hardly an attack on someone if they claim to have some sort of inside information and post it and it turns out to be wrong and someone else points that out. I"m all for anyone posting anything in the way of gossip or info.

It's not a personal attack pointing that out.

Do take a look at Parson's comments later on.

My comment was in the context of, imo, a very valued poster who was posting less because of the comments he was getting back.

Last season, after buying season tickets for 40+ years I didn't buy one initially and got a half season one.

One match I went to, my very good friend told me Rhodes scored most of his goals created from mistakes made by the other team. And he never missed.

However, he did. He missed about 4 chances, of varying difficulty. I do wonder if he went through a comparatively poor spell from which he's now recovering.

Right any more of this off topic stuff will be removed from here on in

If you don't like that I don't really care I'm just bored of it all

That Jordan Rhodes is a good player eh?

It's that sort of administration that has driven posters like Abbey off the site. Is MM a friend of yours?

Firstly, can I say I'm very happy that Rhodes is still here. He is a quality striker who would score goals in any league IMO. Very happy he is here and not at ANY OTHER club. His link up play is getting better and improving his all round game season after season.

Secondly, Mercerman doesn't have to said sorry to me for anything. He gave his views on topics on a Fans messageboard is what these are for, whether you agree and disagree with him, you should respect him for posting a different view. Me and him had different views on whether on selling Rhodes or Hanley but I always said that I believe both would stay. I have great respect for him and hope he keep posting on this Messageboard. I hope Philipl and Glen Mullan also come back onto the MB to post more and give the MB more info.

I have a lot of respect for people different views and hope all posters keep doing it. we all have different views and deserve to posted them. This is what this messageboard is for.

Thirdly, I hope that all posters will some information whether its Kamy or Mercerman or Makey11 or Mani or Glen Mullan, etc. keep posting on this messageboard to allow fans to discuss the issues going on at Blackburn Rovers.

We are ALL Blackburn Rovers fans and we ALL WANT THE BEST FOR BRFC!!!

When I posted yesterday on here and on my twitter account I clearly said that this was info coming from the Wigan side of things.

While Wigan never submitted a formal offer, that was purely down to them not getting McCarthy sold until very late on. There was an informal discussion between Wigan and Rovers during which Wigan told Rovers what they would offer if they decided to formalise their offer. Rovers fully expected a Wigan offer to arrive and this is the reason why Bowyer etc were still at Brockhall until after 10pm.

As for the ITK comments from certain people, that is your opinion and I respect. Over the last 12 months I have reduced my posting on here a huge amount and very rarely post anything about what I hear any longer. I don’t have an ego which needs massaging by being called a so called “ITK”.

I have noticed all the past 12/18 months that you don't posted the same these days with ITK info. respect why you don't. its a great shame for this messageboard but you do what best for you Kamy!

Firstly, can I say I'm very happy that Rhodes is still here. He is a quality striker who would score goals in any league IMO. Very happy he is here and not at ANY OTHER club. His link up play is getting better and improving his all round game season after season.

Secondly, Mercerman doesn't have to said sorry to me for anything. He gave his views on topics on a Fans messageboard is what these are for, whether you agree and disagree with him, you should respect him for posting a different view. Me and him had different views on whether on selling Rhodes or Hanley but I always said that I believe both would stay. I have great respect for him and hope he keep posting on this Messageboard. I hope Philipl and Glen Mullan also come back onto the MB to post more and give the MB more info.

I have a lot of respect for people different views and hope all posters keep doing it. we all have different views and deserve to posted them. This is what this messageboard is for.

Thirdly, I hope that all posters will some information whether its Kamy or Mercerman or Makey11 or Mani or Glen Mullan, etc. keep posting on this messageboard to allow fans to discuss the issues going on at Blackburn Rovers.

We are ALL Blackburn Rovers fans and we ALL WANT THE BEST FOR BRFC!!!

I have noticed all the past 12/18 months that you don't posted the same these days with ITK info. respect why you don't. its a great shame for this messageboard but you do what best for you Kamy!

This is an excellent post.

As you say, we are all on the same side.

Ever since Venky's darkened our door, I kept thinking there were already enough people with an anti Rovers agenda without genuine supporters turning on each other.

• Backroom

It's that sort of administration that has driven posters like Abbey off the site. Is MM a friend of yours?

Just doing my best Al, I'd wager if you asked everyone a fair amount of members wouldn't want to read page on page of discussion about a member being wrong rather than the player himself

Never met mercer, never spoke to him and I don't even know his name or anything about him for the record

Great post by Chaddy by the way

Shame on you Gumboots, knowingly allowing a dingle to enter Ewood. Shame.

He's actually quite well house trained and were attempting to educate him. So far the toilets in our house are intact and he was quite excited by evan's goal last week. I think we're succeeding albeit very slowly.

He's actually quite well house trained and were attempting to educate him. So far the toilets in our house are intact and he was quite excited by evan's goal last week. I think we're succeeding albeit very slowly.

:lol:

• Backroom

Rhodes is still here, Mercers info in the end didnt come to pass, everyone has got it out of their system now lets just move on its boring going back over old ground just to say I told you so over and over and over

I said the other day I expected and will accept he was due a bit of a ribbing after being so sure but lets just put it to bed now

First of all what a great post by chaddy above, very sensible and mature. And I understand the sentiments.

But just to get things clear Tom, how come this has got "boring" after 14 hours yet what went before it didnt seem to be deemed boring by a mod for about 60 days plus?

Comes across as very strange is all. And I keep hearing the phrases "well you can just ignore him" and "this is a messageboard for opinions, he is entitled to his" repeated regularly.

Well does that not work both ways? If MM doesn't like comments made then can he not just be asked to ignore them too? And if people have opinions about what he has said are they not allowed to voice them?

Otherwise it is a very one way street, and pretty much a totalitarian state. Which is fine if that's the case, it's your messageboard, but at least be honest and come out and say it.

Folk keep repeating phrases without seeming to understand the meaning. Its either a messageboard for opinions (within reasons of taste, decency, and offensiveness obviously) or it's not.

But if it is all right for one side to voice their opinions but not the other, then you have something rather more sinister, and ironically something in total contradiction to this whole freedom of speech/opinion drum that the apologists keep banging.

As you have said though Tom, that's it from me, not going to go on and on about it but I couldn't let it go by without saying my piece, but this is the last I will say.

My reasoning? I can put up with most things in life, but what I can't stand is double standards. Rules are rules, but surely they should be the rules for everyone and not exclude the chosen few.

I think Owen Coyle would probably say differently Rev.

Why?

Imo the whole bout of specuation regarding Rhodes might however have been part of a carefully engineered softening up process just in case in January they're flying high, we've no chance at all of promotion and our owners decide to throw in the towel financially.

A move to Wigan holds no possible appeal for any of the parties concerned otherwise imo.

Of course on the field, the boot may be on the other foot come January. If so it would be particularly satisfying to go in with a bid of say 3m for Mcmanaman on January 31st.

Why?

Imo the whole bout of specuation regarding Rhodes might however have been part of a carefully engineered softening up process just in case in January they're flying high, we've no chance at all of promotion and our owners decide to throw in the towel financially.

A move to Wigan holds no possible appeal for any of the parties concerned otherwise imo.

Of course on the field, the boot may be on the other foot come January. If so it would be particularly satisfying to go in with a bid of say 3m for Mcmanaman on January 31st.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-dave-whelan-evertons-mccarthy-bid-absolute-madness-13090258359

Confirmation that they enquired about Rhodes.

The fact no bid was made is down to:

Possibly they were told no point bidding

Possibly they were told, this is the price, and Wigan backed off

Possibly they didnt have the money

Possibly a deal was agreed, but that was dependant on using the McCarthy money, and that deal happened too late

Possibly another reason

Possibly a mixture of the above reason

you dont know, (and neither do I), but your claiming the first 'possible' is the truth.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-dave-whelan-evertons-mccarthy-bid-absolute-madness-13090258359

Confirmation that they enquired about Rhodes.

The fact no bid was made is down to:

Possibly they were told no point bidding

Possibly they were told, this is the price, and Wigan backed off

Possibly they didnt have the money

Possibly a deal was agreed, but that was dependant on using the McCarthy money, and that deal happened too late

Possibly another reason

Possibly a mixture of the above reason

you dont know, (and neither do I), but your claiming the first 'possible' is the truth.

I'm not claiming anything. The only thing we know is that Whelan said they made an enquiry and that was as far as it went. The reason for that we can only speculate upon.

It's merely my opinion that transferring Rhodes to Wigan at this stage would not be an attractive option to either BRFC or the player himself. My reply was in response to the suggestion from Darren rover that Coyle would dispute what Whelan said about them not having made a bid.

Archived