BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

I'd just change the thread to "Jordan Rhodes now linked to......." There's three months to go until the start of next season and thats plenty of time for the media to fabricate a few more tales regarding which player is "understood to be moving", "is attracting interest from" or "sources close to the player..." Rhodes is our ideal candidate for this creative treatment and I'm guessing that by the start of next season he'll have been linked with at least 10 Premier League sides.

That is of course if we haven't sold him by the start of next season :-)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With us losing a reported £2m per month I think Rhodes not being here next season is a fact of life that we have to accept. If we can get £10m for him and another 6 or 7 mill for Olsson, Dann and Hanley then that keeps the administrator form the door for the duration of the season.

Our hope has to be that Bowyer can keep us up by playing it cute in the transfer market, the loan market and by polishing a few gems from the Academy.

Personally think we overpaid for him based on what he had done before but we can't afford to sell him now. Without Rhodes we would have gone down by a mile last year and if we sell him I can see us going down next year. We make so few chances we need someone reliable to put them away and I can't remember a more reliable goal scorer at this level.

Not sure he'll cut it in the Prem though.

As for Murphy, Etuhu and Gomes.....blimey. What a boost that would be to get about £100K a week back for 3 players who don't play anyway. I would give these 3 frees if anyone will take them.

The notion of giving them free transfers is fine but why would they go? Who is going to pay Murphy the reputed £35k he earns and also give Etuhu a 3 year deal which is what he has left (on big money too). I think the only way to get rid of them is to cut a deal and agree a sum to buy out the remainder of their contracts.

If anyone is daft enough to give us a profit on Rhodes (and don't forget Huddersfield get a cut of any profit - so it will have to be significant) - we will obviously let him go.

Ideally i would like to see him in a fully operational Rovers side (which we saw very rarely last season) - and then we might see how good he is. Problem is - if we don't improve our service to him - we may as well let him go - as he is poor at holding up the ball, and has limited pace. His goals may have kept us up - but the weaknesses in other parts of his game had a detrimental impact on the team as a whole.

That's assuming we have any gems in the academy.

Here we go, someone starts a rumor and everyone has his say, lets wait and see what Gary has to say in his press conference before you all carry on with the doom mongering, Kamy has already stated that Jordan Rhodes has said he is happy here, and the message from rovers is we are not selling, i would imagine is the fee would have to be around the 15million mark, lets see what transpires from the press conference eh.

It's amazing how people still get worked up over our latest "star" player jumping ship. It's happened a million times before and will happen a million times again. That's just the way it is. How can you be a Rovers fan but not come to terms with this yet?

Guest Norbert

Hey Pete, read the thread, I'm not believing Mr. Plops so don't put me down as one of those chicken lickens running around in a panic.

The notion of giving them free transfers is fine but why would they go? Who is going to pay Murphy the reputed £35k he earns and also give Etuhu a 3 year deal which is what he has left (on big money too). I think the only way to get rid of them is to cut a deal and agree a sum to buy out the remainder of their contracts.

Yeah you're probably right unfortunately. Hope 1 of Murphy's old pals offer him a coaching role somewhere, can't see any other way he would go without costing us big money.

That's assuming we have any gems in the academy.

I haven't seen any of the Academy kids play but I think Parsonblue has. He's a good judge of a player and, if memory serves me correctly, he reckons one or two have a chance.

Replacing Rhodes's goals will be a more difficult tasks than nursing youngsters through to the first team. We are probably going to have to rely on messrs Best, Goodwillie, Gomes, Slew and any freebie/cheapy Bowyer can entice for that. God knows what is happening with Campbell.

I reckon Hull imposter Plops may end up disappointed. If Rhodes is patient he may well do better than Hull.

Jeez Louise!!!

Thanks chadster, we can all sleep easy now

Am i right in thinking Rochina and Formica both went out on loan so theyre due back in July?

What do you mean by "am i right in thinking"?

If you where as much of a clued up fan as you are portraying yourself to be, then you wouldn't need to ask that question, bit strang that!

Here we go, someone starts a rumor and everyone has his say, lets wait and see what Gary has to say in his press conference before you all carry on with the doom mongering, Kamy has already stated that Jordan Rhodes has said he is happy here, and the message from rovers is we are not selling, i would imagine is the fee would have to be around the 15million mark, lets see what transpires from the press conference eh.

And whats Bowyer going to say? The usual cliched claptrap about him being integral blah blah. He has no control whastoever over whether Rhodes stays or goes. How many times have we read players saying the same then leaving a few days later.

Pinch of salt to it all, but at the end of the day if the price is right every player is for sale

And whats Bowyer going to say? The usual cliched claptrap about him being integral blah blah. He has no control whastoever over whether Rhodes stays or goes. How many times have we read players saying the same then leaving a few days later.

Pinch of salt to it all, but at the end of the day if the price is right every player is for sale

Ahh but why would you care, you dont go because -- Phil Jones being sold was it, i think you have reiterated on quite a few occasions why you dont go anymore, so why would you be bothered what GB says.

Ahh but why would you care, you dont go because -- Phil Jones being sold was it, i think you have reiterated on quite a few occasions why you dont go anymore, so why would you be bothered what GB says.

Phil Jones? No idea what planet you are on there. I stopped going at the end of last season when it was obvious Kean would be kept on and I would be paying money to be taken the @#/? out of.

You're one of those are you? Where people have to go in order to care.

Phil Jones? No idea what planet you are on there. I stopped going at the end of last season when it was obvious Kean would be kept on and I would be paying money to be taken the @#/? out of.

You're one of those are you? Where people have to go in order to care.

Oops sorry my mistake, not you, but theres so many on here with agendas of why not to go down and watch the rovers it becomes a fog :rock: still Kean's not here any more, GB cares so what about a fresh start and all that. :brfc:

Oops sorry my mistake, not you, but theres so many on here with agendas of why not to go down and watch the rovers it becomes a fog :rock: still Kean's not here any more, GB cares so what about a fresh start and all that. :brfc:

I'd struggle to give any money to the club while I know they are paying Shebby Singh £400k a year.

If anyone is daft enough to give us a profit on Rhodes (and don't forget Huddersfield get a cut of any profit - so it will have to be significant) - we will obviously let him go.

Ideally i would like to see him in a fully operational Rovers side (which we saw very rarely last season) - and then we might see how good he is. Problem is - if we don't improve our service to him - we may as well let him go - as he is poor at holding up the ball, and has limited pace. His goals may have kept us up - but the weaknesses in other parts of his game had a detrimental impact on the team as a whole.

is there a sell-on with Rhodes or is that another of those £4m release fee rumours?

Archived