BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone seen or heard this confirmed anywhere else?

I'm not certain it's true myself but it came from a football league chairman who was, until Palace got promoted, probably not too pleased that the parachute payments were going up for rivals in the same division. He also mentioned Rovers by name.

I've found this article that states parachute payments for the second year are rising to £18m.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8646585/Premier-League-won-t-budge-on-increased-parachute-payments

It doesn't say if it applies to teams already relegated though, but going off what Steve Parish said today it has also gone up for us.

Hope you are right but others may see it as Come and make a bid for any of our players as were skint.

Time will tell.

Yeah im not saying my idea is right but i'd have told CKR that we would not be making the loan a full signing and prob used that excuse if i'd been telling him. While hes been ok the money could be better spent elsewhere.

according to some articles in national newspapers today that Hull transfer budget is 15 million pounds, so a move for Rhodes is very unlikely

I disagree, spunking the lot of Rhodes is totally Steve Bruce style.

Yeah im not saying my idea is right but i'd have told CKR that we would not be making the loan a full signing and prob used that excuse if i'd been telling him. While hes been ok the money could be better spent elsewhere.

I can't understand why Shaw has opened his mouth again. All he had to say CKR is that the loan is not being made permanent. No excuse is needed. Just telling the world that we have to cut the wage bill just reduces any bargaining power that Rovers may have had in in or out going transfers.

I can't understand why Shaw has opened his mouth again. All he had to say CKR is that the loan is not being made permanent. No excuse is needed. Just telling the world that we have to cut the wage bill just reduces any bargaining power that Rovers may have had in in or out going transfers.

i think the world will know right enough when we announce our £40 million loss for the year and a run rate of £2mill a month.Like everything else at this cesspit of a club they all deceive each other and thats just the board! Not at any stage in the last 2 yrs has there been a time when someone from within actually fronts up to reality-and kept their job.

The whole game here is to get inside the Rovers bubble and lose all grasp of the bleeding obvious.I've heard from several different sources (not necessarily ITK's) that Karen Silk had a major problem with her financial reports being doctored to paint a better picture to the chicken fiddlers and thats a main reason for her chucking it in.

So far we have 3 more new players in although admit a few loan players won't be seen again but the fire sale hasn't even begun yet. I bet Rhodes can't wait to line up again with this rabble.

we will have to see at the min i'll take Bowyers word for it that there is no need to sell out of everyone even people in the know hes the one i'd believe most. Even if we sell a few dann ans ollson they are replaceable.

I'm not certain it's true myself but it came from a football league chairman who was, until Palace got promoted, probably not too pleased that the parachute payments were going up for rivals in the same division. He also mentioned Rovers by name.

I've found this article that states parachute payments for the second year are rising to £18m.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8646585/Premier-League-won-t-budge-on-increased-parachute-payments

It doesn't say if it applies to teams already relegated though, but going off what Steve Parish said today it has also gone up for us.

That would only be a rise of £2m then if it does apply.

i think the world will know right enough when we announce our £40 million loss for the year and a run rate of £2mill a month.Like everything else at this cesspit of a club they all deceive each other and thats just the board! Not at any stage in the last 2 yrs has there been a time when someone from within actually fronts up to reality-and kept their job.

The whole game here is to get inside the Rovers bubble and lose all grasp of the bleeding obvious.I've heard from several different sources (not necessarily ITK's) that Karen Silk had a major problem with her financial reports being doctored to paint a better picture to the chicken fiddlers and thats a main reason for her chucking it in.

So far we have 3 more new players in although admit a few loan players won't be seen again but the fire sale hasn't even begun yet. I bet Rhodes can't wait to line up again with this rabble.

If that is the case, surely now would have been the best time to sell Rhodes before it becomes common knowledge and maximise his value. Shaw opening his mouth has reduced the chance of this happening because any club wanting him will just hold on and wait until Rovers become more desperate.

If that is the case, surely now would have been the best time to sell Rhodes before it becomes common knowledge and maximise his value. Shaw opening his mouth has reduced the chance of this happening because any club wanting him will just hold on and wait until Rovers become more desperate.

i think we all need to watch this space for a week or two and see where we have sunk to come 1st August.July could be just carnage at the Big Top.

Shaw opening his mouth has reduced the chance of this happening because any club wanting him will just hold on and wait until Rovers become more desperate.

Shaw isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer? Shock and horror!

Why do the owners persist with Shagnew?!

Do you and a few others not predict a fire sale every transfer window tho it really is getting tiresome If its not a firesale its a clause in a contract or its an investigation that will throw up points deductions then nothing happens and you start again oh but next time we will the clubs doomed while i know with them in charge the clubs in a bad way it gets tiresome that you seem to love it.

Oh aye, the financial director fiddles the books because she doesn`t want her bosses to know how bad the finances really are, then tells everyone else about it and resigns in case the bosses ever do find out.

Why have the owners done anything that they have done? It's nonsensical. With the help of a single 1p coin I could have improved their decision making by approx 50%.

Gary Bowyer (the last to know, IF he's even in the loop) said we don't have to trim the wage budget. So sleep easy folks!!

I didn't know much about GB but that single statement, if true, has destroyed any faith in him which I may have held. Of course we need to trim the wage bill ffs! We could lose 2/3rds of our players and never miss them.

I didn't know much about GB but that single statement, if true, has destroyed any faith in him which I may have held. Of course we need to trim the wage bill ffs! We could lose 2/3rds of our players and never miss them.

Unless it just a negotiating line.

The trouble is, all fans want to hear right now is a bit of honesty. I remember John Williams telling the LT that we were a selling club, then a trading club. No-one liked it be at least we knew where we stood and we understood the reasons, and we knew weren't being strung along.

It would be great to hear an honest word come out of the club but sadly if this lot said it was daytime you'd be checking your watch. Maybe even if they didn't patronise us it would be a start... but instead we have to hear lies being dragged out in court. What an embarrassment.

Whilst they are over here the fans have someone else to blame. The Indians can play the 'We didn't know the full extent of the problems' card. Before they could blame Kean and Anderson. If they had people who could do the job and go public would show the incompetance of the Indians.

I get the feeling a lot of 'fans' on here would love us to sell everyone and do a portsmouth just so they could say i told you so.

No they wouldn't.

The comments are borne out of fear, frustration and having those clowns in charge for two and a half years. What Rovers fans have put up with is enough to test the resolve and beliefs of any fan, it is little wonder most are pessimistic.

Oh aye, the financial director fiddles the books because she doesn`t want her bosses to know how bad the finances really are, then tells everyone else about it and resigns in case the bosses ever do find out.

Not her thats doctoring em Rhodie-its the middlemen between her producing them and what ends up on Mrs Trouts desk in india is something different- whose that Bandi Babu or whatever is name is on the board?

All i am saying is this mob lie between themselves cos nobody wants to give the bad news back to Pune and risk getting the boot.

Do you and a few others not predict a fire sale every transfer window tho it really is getting tiresome If its not a firesale its a clause in a contract or its an investigation that will throw up points deductions then nothing happens and you start again oh but next time we will the clubs doomed while i know with them in charge the clubs in a bad way it gets tiresome that you seem to love it.

No Beanie thats not where i am coming from.And far from loving it -its bloody ripping me apart watching whats happening.

But for the first time Shelfboy is public about us ''losing alot of money''. You tell me how they turn it round without getting rid of loads. We had about 40 players last season and whilst some were loans, we have added another 3 since. FFP is round the corner so on our income you tell me how they can turn it round without a fire sale.

If you can i am voting for you to go on the board to replace Silk.

Since Venkys took over, every transfer window has been a fire sale.

It's just been a slow burner.

This is the last Rovers side that Allardyce put out (v Bolton) - doesn't even include N'Zonzi:

Blackburn

01 Robinson

03 Olsson

04 Samba

05 Givet

06 Nelsen

27 Salgado

28 Jones

07 Emerton

12 Pedersen

10 Diouf

30 Roberts

Substitutes

13 Bunn

31 Hanley

08 Dunn

09 Kalinic

21 Mwaruwari

23 Hoilett

41 Diouf

Exactly Stuart. Downsized in all areas of the club with decent quality replaced with cheaper inferior replacements. Happened before our eyes but somehow a huge percentage of our fan base did not see it happening. Crazy, if not criminal. The simpletons have lost a fortune and sadly so much money has been wasted and frittered away.

Archived