BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wrexham - Saturday 6 July - Friendly

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just a pre season game.

first game of the pre season. more about fitness and match sharpness then performance.

I would expect the games against Rochdale, Preston and Everton we will see the team formation and style of play better than today

2nd half team: Eastwood, Kane, O'Connor, Givet, Morris, O'Sullivan, Dunn, Ribeiro, Rosado, Forrester, Taylor.

• Backroom

Orr. :rolleyes:

If he's staying we need a contrite interview and apology.

Would have been nice to have seen him released alongside Murphy.

Unfortunately think he'll hang around the club like a bad smell for some time to come. :(

This is a conference league side who havent trained either, we should beat them easy. Poor.

im sorry but I have to agree with this, yeah its preseason and people say players and rusty and we are playing 2 different teams in each half, but the fact is half of our players played in the prem and we should be comfy against teams like this

• Backroom

You guys should know better after the last couple of seasons... the only way you're not going to be disappointed following Rovers is if you drop expectations to the lowest possible level. I don't think we've dominated a game since Keano took over.

Its just a pre season game.

first game of the pre season. more about fitness and match sharpness then performance.

I would expect the games against Rochdale, Preston and Everton we will see the team formation and style of play better than today

2nd half team: Eastwood, Kane, O'Connor, Givet, Morris, O'Sullivan, Dunn, Ribeiro, Rosado, Forrester, Taylor.

Did you go?

If it was about fitness and with two teams playing surely we should have seen intensity? I didn't see any.

just for not Rovers warm-ups should include running in more directions than sideways and forwards, it's a mutli directional game. A 20 by 15 SSG will never reach a match comparable heart rate with so many players.

Kane was blowing out his arse after 20 min.

We should have scored more as some decent chances were created but some players looked out of place against Wrexham today.

if Rosado is a footballer then I'm the priminster he was awful. What is the point of playing a trialist (from some second rate american team, no offence) when we have O'Connell?

We looked well of the pace and didn't retain the ball well, it was far from good and I left with 10 to go as I'd had enough.

Some of our players need to seriously diet and judge isn't very mobile, must have been his fat ass. Taylor wasn't goo either and seemed afraid to use his left foot.

The only way is up.

Does anyone know who brought the super rovers flag on the opposing stand? Decent.

Did you go?

If it was about fitness and with two teams playing surely we should have seen intensity? I didn't see any.

just for not Rovers warm-ups should include running in more directions than sideways and forwards, it's a mutli directional game. A 20 by 15 SSG will never reach a match comparable heart rate with so many players.

We should have scored more as some decent chances were created but some players looked out of place against Wrexham today.

if Rosado is a footballer then I'm the priminster he was awful. What is the point of playing a trialist (from some second rate american team, no offence) when we have O'Connell?

We looked well of the pace and didn't retain the ball well, it was far from good and I left with 10 to go as I'd had enough.

Some of our players need to seriously diet and judge isn't very mobile, must have been his fat ass. Taylor wasn't goo either and seemed afraid to use his left foot.

The only way is up.

Does anyone know who brought the super rovers flag on the opposing stand? Decent.

There looks a lot of poor players from that bunch, why give some of them a run out seems to show the club as having no ambition.

There looks a lot of poor players from that bunch, why give some of them a run out shows that the club has no ambition.

Don't get me wrong the Wrexham Keeper made some good saves, but through standing up not great diving saves. But if playing 45min each then surely you expect each team to be able to play and press intensely? It's fitness after all and you have to push your limits to improve quickest and in the short time available. I'll wager some haven't done any training this off season. It reminded me of the Rochdale match last pre-season.

Don't get me wrong the Wrexham Keeper made some good saves, but through standing up not great diving saves. But if playing 45min each then surely you expect each team to be able to play and press intensely? It's fitness after all and you have to push your limits to improve quickest and in the short time available. I'll wager some haven't done any training this off season. It reminded me of the Rochdale match last pre-season.

Some of them just arent ever going to improve like Orr, M.Olsson 2, Ribiero to name a few, why they were there one can only think that it was to ease the others back. Though it looks like Bowyer has his hands tied just like all the other managers under this regime especially with the DJ signing being just one example.

Someone of them just arent ever going to improve like Orr, M.Olsson 2, Ribiero to name a few, why they were there one can only think that it was to ease the others back. Though it looks like Bowyer has his hands tied just like all the other managers under this regime especially with the DJ signing being just one example.

There's nothing they could do if DJ was signed back then. It would be expensive to cancel, just as Murphy and Gomes must have been, 50%

surely at least of what remained on their contract. Not cheap.

Can't blame Bowyer on that or the club really, they backed the then manager.

We need more quality, although connor provided some quality comedy when he tripped over the ball. Number 24, whomever looked bigger than Hanley. :o

Ease them back??? It's pre-season, they should have maintained fitness away from the club or at and now should be all about pushing them and getting them fitter and stronger. There's plenty of time to recover them with the right approach, too many are absessed in football with recovery. Yes it's important but most clubs don't control one crucial aspect, feelings are deemed more important. The best way to off-set fatique is to get fitter as then it becomes less stressful, footballers aren't really that fit in the grand scale of things IE all sports and most are poorly physically developed muscularly

We've got a good defence and strike force and a very average midfield at the moment. If we are to be serious promotion contenders needs to add more real quality in there.

Taylor will add extra quality in there and I'm hopeful etuhu will be improved this season. Just don't see Judge and Marrow (if he signs) as being good enough to really improve our midfield. Spearing, Jones and a pacy winger would provide the quality we need.

We've got a good defence and strike force and a very average midfield at the moment. If we are to be serious promotion contenders needs to add more real quality in there.

Taylor will add extra quality in there and I'm hopeful etuhu will be improved this season. Just don't see Judge and Marrow (if he signs) as being good enough to really improve our midfield. Spearing, Jones and a pacy winger would provide the quality we need.

I think the aim might not be promotion this season, more consolidation.

• Backroom

Would be a far more realistic expectation, for sure. I don't see us going up any time in the very near future. There's a lot of rebuilding to do first.

The aim has to be promotion. There's something wrong if a club like ours is just aiming for solid mid table in the championship.

The problem is, promotion is a realistic prospect for about 10 other teams.

how did Fernandez get on? Never seen him play, what kind of player is he? What about O'Connell, is he a good un?

Fairly sre O'Connell didn't play today. quick, reads game well, good tackle, alright in the air, can pass further than 10 yards.

If fernandez was the lad on the right, anonymous would apt. Nunes was lively put in some good balls.

Would be a far more realistic expectation, for sure. I don't see us going up any time in the very near future. There's a lot of rebuilding to do first.

I don't think gearing towards being a championship club when we are closer to a premier league club is the way forward.

I still expect them to right their wrongs and we need that sky money

The aim has to be promotion. There's something wrong if a club like ours is just aiming for solid mid table in the championship.

The problem is, promotion is a realistic prospect for about 10 other teams.

QPR will win it. And i see Bolton, Wigan, Reading (been there done that), Watford as being better equiped than us. We might challenge for the last play-off place, but we need some better players, quick smart.

Did you go?

The only way is up.

Majiball, you asked what is the point of giving a trialist a game. May I suggest to give him a trial.

Archived