BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Ruben back?

So desperately sad that after seeing us relegated the Venkymob have also seen countless millions of parachute payments that could have provided financial stability for years to come simply frittered away on scores of overpaid dross. Players from far and wide who should really be working for a living and are not suited to playing pro football. In fact it's not just sad it's criminal!

Plenty of snakes and precious few ladders for BRFC imo. Best to grasp the nettle, shut the shop and stop paying the wages when this lot clear off. Bankruptcy and starting again from ground level under a local owner with a bob or two to waste seems the only way we'll get the parasites away and be able to run on a businesslike basis. If no one steps up to the oche we will be dead in the water. I'm pretty sure Brockhall will not survive and I seriously doubt Ewood Park will too. We'll end up ground sharing with a local rival.... any preferences? Who knows it'll prob be a majot step toward an inevitable Lancs County FC.

Anybody who thinks it wont happen needs to google Coventry City.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again with the old chestnut, this time it's Lancs County instead of Lancashire United.

Only a fools learns more his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others - Otto von Bismarck

Thames Valley Royals anyone ?

So desperately sad that after seeing us relegated the Venkymob have also seen countless millions of parachute payments that could have provided financial stability for years to come simply frittered away on scores of overpaid dross. Players from far and wide who should really be working for a living and are not suited to playing pro football. In fact it's not just sad it's criminal!

Plenty of snakes and precious few ladders for BRFC imo. Best to grasp the nettle, shut the shop and stop paying the wages when this lot clear off. Bankruptcy and starting again from ground level under a local owner with a bob or two to waste seems the only way we'll get the parasites away and be able to run on a businesslike basis. If no one steps up to the oche we will be dead in the water. I'm pretty sure Brockhall will not survive and I seriously doubt Ewood Park will too. We'll end up ground sharing with a local rival.... any preferences? Who knows it'll prob be a majot step toward an inevitable Lancs County FC.

Anybody who thinks it wont happen needs to google Coventry City.

Is this the start then?

Blackburn Rovers To Play At Darwen

Blackburn Rovers Ladies will kick off the new 2013-14 season at AFC Darwen after three enjoyable seasons at Radcliffe Borough.

New Ladies boss John Prince visited the Anchor Ground soon after taking charge and was immediately impressed with what he saw.
"The ground is excellent, you can see that a lot of hard work has gone into improving the facilities," said the Rovers Ladies manager.

"We are delighted to be moving closer to home, hopefully we will be able to attract many more supporters to see the Rovers Ladies play.

"My Dad is from Darwen so the move couldn't have been any more perfect from a personal point of view."

Steve McKelvey of AFC Darwen said: "We would like to extend a very warm welcome to everyone associated with Blackburn Rovers.

"We have worked tremendously hard to enhance the stadium and facilities, so to get such a high profile tenant as the Rovers Ladies team is reward for everyone's efforts.

"We are all very much looking forward to the start of the season and to see them play, and we hope that the supporters come out to see them in their numbers."

Blackburn Rovers Ladies are currently finalising their pre-season programme and hope to play their first game at AFC Darwen in August.

Here we go again with the old chestnut, this time it's Lancs County instead of Lancashire United.

Only a fools learns more his own mistakes, a wise man learns from the mistakes of others - Otto von Bismarck

Thames Valley Royals anyone ?

Jimmk2..... the latter day King Canute. (btw wasn't Thames Valley Royals as you point out someone else's mistake?)

So still ever more criticism and not an original thought in your head. Small wonder you have never got on.

I first mooted this idea in the early days of Jack Walker and since then no matter what you think every season has seen the inevitable move closer to reallity. Max wage abolished / home clubs keep the gate money / Premier League / Champions League / G14 / Johnny Bosman and Freedom of Contract / FFP. The demise of smaller and financially unsustainable clubs is ratcheting down at an alarming rate.

I shan't hold my breath on this one but when the venky's sell the remaining crown baubles (jewells have gone) and head off into the sunset leaving nothing but a mountain of unpaid bills what do you think will happen? You certainly can't allow the very unhealthy situation where a very wealthy, tax avoiding, Toryboy / johnny foreigner traps up to take control even if one was stupid enough to want to. Truth is that this town can't afford to fix holes in the roads never mind financially support a town team in the top two or even three divisions . ...... so whats it to be Jimbo? I'm putting you on the spot. Whats your idea for a business plan? I'll help you a little. The only and obvious initial stage has to be a massive fall in wages for every club outside the Premier League with many clubs becoming semi pro ... now stabilisers off away you go...........

• Backroom

So are you proud of Venkys Jim ...YES OR NO...no waffle answer. Are the Venkys good for Rovers?

I don't think he even hinted at that

So are you proud of Venkys Jim ...YES OR NO...no waffle answer. Are the Venkys good for Rovers?

I can answer that. Venkys as owners is better than paupers as owners.

If we had been bought by owners with no money or capital, a relegation followed by the splurge in the championship, compounded with failure to bounce back at the first attempt - would have resulted in serious financial meltdown.

Venkys may be stupid, but at least they are not stupid and skint.

Would those wishing to discuss the merits (or lack there of) of Venky's, be able to do it in the relevant thread. Im rather keen on seeing the latest Rochina info, (Id love to keep him) and its bit annoying to have to filter through all this other stuff. Not that it isn't important, but just not in this thread.. Cheers :rover:

Why do some people only look to the extremes of what could theoretically happen, when in reality very few established clubs fall of the radar completely, at worst clubs with serious financial woes usually just float around in the lower leagues until they can get a foot hold and start rebuilding.

Why do some people only look to the extremes of what could theoretically happen, when in reality very few established clubs fall of the radar completely, at worst clubs with serious financial woes usually just float around in the lower leagues until they can get a foot hold and start rebuilding.

The prospect of places like Rochdale, Halifax etc away on a wet windy night again do not appeal to much even if you label it as rebuilding. Being a sleeping giant again is not the way to go, ask anyone who experienced it.

Go venkys hail hail .

I'm sure all Abbey is saying is "Never forgive. Never forget"

All perfectly reasonable in relation to the Venky scum (as Abbey would say)

Hey, what about that Ruben chap? Can he give a ball away unnecessarily or what?

Change the bleedin record ffs

No

Who mentioned forgiving or forgetting what Venky's have wrought?

Abbey invents his own posts to reply to.

At least I don't cry to be banned ;)

Love the way those who slag me off don't ever attend games.

J. (btw wasn't Thames Valley Royals as you point out someone else's mistake?)

go...........

The alternative to your doom-and-gloom scenario has been spelt out many times on here but you either cannot read or choose to ignore it.

You can't claim the credit for your "idea" either. It was first mooted in the Sixties and it was deemed impractical / unworkable / undesirable then as it is now.

Archived