BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

371 to win - feels like too many given both the pitch and the Aussie attack.

Yeah it does but 4 sessions to get them means we can afford to bat a bit more sensibly. Whether we will remains to be seen. 

I can just see us falling 15 short and Lyons’ little cameo winning the game for them!

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I fancy England getting these runs.. 371 to win on a pitch that ain't a minefield and they have no Lyon to bowl. Bat smart and tire their bowlers out. Only 3 front line bowlers.  

Four surely Chaddy? (Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood and Green?)

Edit: and Head is no mug either 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I fancy England getting these runs.. 371 to win on a pitch that ain't a minefield and they have no Lyon to bowl. Bat smart and tire their bowlers out. Only 3 front line bowlers.  

The pitch is two paced, that’s why playing the short ball is so difficult.

371 is a long long way off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, martonrover said:

It’s an utterly terrible watch. 

Admittedly, the pitch isn’t helping.

I’m a bit of a purist, but this is making me look forward to watching some T20 tomorrow.

It was atrocious to watch and to think Jardine was vilified for similar.

The Aussies will do non stop bouncers, we will take it on, let's see what happens.

There is sufficient time left to chase it down and beat the Leeds 2019 4th innings winning chase.

It's time for Stokes to step up to one of his big hitting innings.

I do think it's doable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Bazball or no bazball, when the Aussie seamers are bowling like this, no team in the world can compete.

Sadly they're just much better than us. There's nothing worse than a gloating Aussie sportsman (or commentator!).

Thankfully they closed their Institute of Sport so they're shite at most sports now.

1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Exactly right Gav. Bazball or not some of these are just unplayable.

The ball that did for Pope certainly was.

Root should have not played at the bouncer.

Brooks is not noted for his defensive capabilities, it was a decent ball though.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The ball that did for Pope certainly was.

Root should have not played at the bouncer.

Brooks is not noted for his defensive capabilities, it was a decent ball though.

It was the ball before that set Root up though. Outdone.

Games gone but 10 mins to close and wafting at one like that. Stokes played one of the finest innings will ever see at headingley which combined sublime attacking shots and pure digging in. He’s now like the scarecrow in wizzard of oz looking for a brain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lyon is coming out to bat. What's the point. He can't run between the wickets and limping everywhere. Its clueless management by Australia. He will be out for minimum 8 weeks with the injury that is only being made worst by him being out there

Root has taken 2 excellent catches at short leg today 

Strange call by Australia to allow Lyon to bat, he must have wanted it, but that was a hard watch, what bravery from Lyon though.

• Like 2

Just now, matt83 said:

Games gone but 10 mins to close and wafting at one like that. Stokes played one of the finest innings will ever see at headingley which combined sublime attacking shots and pure digging in. He’s now like the scarecrow in wizzard of oz looking for a brain.

Indeed. We need another innings like 2019 from him tomorrow and Duckett to stick around until after lunch. I might start to believe then 😂

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You have to laugh. You couldn’t really script that sort of ending to the day!

That’s exactly why we love test match cricket ojf 👍

• Like 1