BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

No Wood, Malan, Deidre or leach. Wood must be injured no way olly stone gets in ahead of him. Denly over Malan and burns over Vince think that’s a mistake. In an all 4 are still appalling kind of way. No problem with only one spinner but they’re picking Ali on reputation hoping he comes good.

• Like 1

Really concerned by the top order this ashes. Starc, Cummings and Hazelwood even Parkinson could have a field day.  

Burns worryingly has been probably about the best English opener in the county championship for years (arguably not fit for purpose as a competition). Roy still very green at this format at this level. Denly won’t do much. Bairstow will no doubt charge down 90mph balls and be bowled through the gate. 

Think it comes down to smith/warner vs root/middle order. Can’t see anyone else scoring any runs up top. 

• Like 1

Is anyone on here interested in 2 tickets to day one of the ashes at old Trafford (Wednesday 4th September)? Tickets are in stand D row 38 (the large temporary structure). They were £61. So not the cheapest things but offers there if anyone that fancies it.

Basically bought 2 but due to a break down in communications the person going with also bought 2 elsewhere. Having failed to generate interest thus far for people we know, thought would see if any rovers fans interested before use one of those god awful tout sites.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I must be a curmudgeon because I don’t like names and numbers on cricket whites let alone in a test match, an ashes no less. Particularly as the numbers seem arbitrary. I fear it’s the slow walk to colours, fireworks, stumps lighting up and music.

• Like 1

Just now, matt83 said:

I must be a curmudgeon because I don’t like names and numbers on cricket whites let alone in a test match, an ashes no less. Particularly as the numbers seem arbitrary. I fear it’s the slow walk to colours, fireworks, stumps lighting up and music.

Same here.

What I really get messed up with is the ''Ashes'' title for it seems all the Ladies games v Oz. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

We can never quite finish the job and smash a team. There's always a partnership 6-9 wickets down that accumulates runs and frustrates.

One day you will post something positive about the England cricket team. I’m guessing most people would have taken bowling the Aussies our for around 250 when we lost the toss this morning. Their best batsman carried them along, it happens. 

We also lost our best bowler after just 4 overs. Give England some credit.

• Like 1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

One day you will post something positive about the England cricket team. I’m guessing most people would have taken bowling the Aussies our for around 250 when we lost the toss this morning. Their best batsman carried them along, it happens. 

We also lost our best bowler after just 4 overs. Give England some credit.

He's right though. We had them 122-8; they've now more than doubled that score. We've let them off the hook and possibly a winning position. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

He's right though. We had them 122-8; they've now more than doubled that score. We've let them off the hook and possibly a winning position. 

It’s the constant negativity that pisses me off Jim. I rarely comment on matches until both sides have batted - though  I have a feeling anything under 300 is below par. Smith showed everyone you can bat on that pitch once you’ve done the hard yards. We haven’t let tail enders double their score, Smith is head and shoulders their best test batsman. Siddle is no mug either. And as I said our best bowler was injured.

Edited by oldjamfan1

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

I rarely comment on matches until both sides have batted - I have a feeling 250/260 is below par. Smith showed everyone you can bat on that pitch once you’ve done the hard yards. We haven’t let tail enders double their score, Smith is head and shoulders their best test batsman. Siddle is no mug either 

Psychologically, we could have had them on the floor at about 150 all out. Now they're heading for 270 plus and  a very decent score on a not very good pitch. England, after a great start, have as usual made it very difficult for themselves.

And I have no confidence whatsover in our batters making 250. 

Hugely frustrating. We had them well and truly on the ropes. I don’t think we’re capable of 300. We have just got to be content with the fact we’ll be 30/3 then build from that and not panic at that point.

We’ve given up trying to get Smith out now. 9 men on the boundary. Making it very easy for him.