BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Bolton - by m1st :)

cn174

Stuart: Did we even get an head on one of Spurr's throws? to me they seem a waste as we have nobody to get amongst the defenders to win the ball (ie a new samba), from the Barnsley and today's game seems our strengths are on the ground running at defenders , so surely short throws are a better option?

Let's mix them up. I think they are dangerous and upset defenders.

I don't remember a head getting to a corner today either so maybe we should only take short corners too. ;)

Although, I guess that kind of proves your point! :D

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you go today mercer? Or is that bunkum you've just written from the crystal ball?

I was there Gav.

Even though available on streams, got off my ass, paid my money and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just wish some of the crackpots on here would p1ss off.

Id love to see Cairney signed up permanent before his value goes sky high-very classy player on the ball(and hassles the oppo a lot as well), King is just on fire,

Agreed. We should be looking to set up a deal if we can, or if it's not on the cards identifying a replacement in Jan. He has transformed the team. Not had a player like him since Tugay left (obviously not saying he is anywhere near as good as Tugay, but he does retain and pass in the middle very well.. apart from Tugay I don't think we have had that since... well. Um Nzonzi had a few good game in this role. And that's about it in the last ten years.)

Quite rightly too, 2 points in 5 games is going to have people concerned

I saw an interview with him at the start of the season that was very Keanesque talking about him ditching his tracksuit for a suit

The Curse of Hacko... :lol:

Special mention: Jason Lowe is carving out a little role as the bridge between midfield and defence. He makes a lot of sideways and backward simple passes (hence his stats) but he does help is keep possession.

You said it yourself, Lowe is one of those players people don't notice when he plays well. It's a thankless task but someone has to do it. I'll get panned for saying it, but Lowe is as vital to the way we play, as much as Dunn or Rhodes are.

You said it yourself, Lowe is one of those players people don't notice when he plays well. It's a thankless task but someone has to do it. I'll get panned for saying it, but Lowe is as vital to the way we play, as much as Dunn or Rhodes are.

I was bigging him up. Maybe I wasn't clear.

• Moderation Lead

I was there Gav.

Even though available on streams, got off my ass, paid my money and thoroughly enjoyed it.

To be fair Mercer, you can't just use terms of endearment for rival teams players and management in the style of Alan Nixon, then expect not to be called out on it.

Sublime finishing 4, Bolton can't finish 1.

Goals change and win matches and if Beckford had put Bolton ahead in the 1st half, when he should have, then who knows.

Main points for me:

• Kean making too many errors
  • Defence opened up too often and too easily - teams that have better strikers will punish us
  • Marshall - hope it's a case that the lad is simply not fit as he struggled with his movement and mobility

I have highlighted part of your message -

1. Yes we scored some good goals - but if we had been truly clinical we could have had 8 or 9.

2. Kean made one slight error that indirectly led to a goal

3. Defence opened up too easily - I think you should give your friends from Bolton a little credit as some of their play and movement was in patches excellent. It is more impressive from Rovers perspective that we beat a fairly good team so well and deservedly

4. Marshall has been at the club for two days - it was I think his first start of the season - and most of our play was on the left - and yet he was unlucky not to score a goal and generally worked hard.

I was there Gav.

But it was sunny :tu:

That's the first time in 33 months, that I actually believe we might be turning things around.

Today's performance was very promising. We still look very vulnerable at the back, but that's for another day. King MOM two weeks running - could be three if the opposition continue giving him half the park to run into. Bolton, apart from 20 mins just before and after half time look like they're playing with little belief. They conceded 4 and it could have been 6 or 7.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that Freedman is under pressure to be fair.

Had a drink or two with some family and friends who follow Bolton before the match - their view, irrespective of result, was that unless Davies backs Freedman in the market over the next 48 hours then he would walk.

Poor start from Bolton but seemingly, Freedman not under pressure from Davies / Gartside.

One of my friends also the same guy who told me that Coyley was going and wee Dougie arriving - he knows his stuff !

Anyhow, think what you like, doesn't matter to me.

That's the first time in 33 months, that I actually believe we might be turning things around.

Today's performance was very promising. We still look very vulnerable at the back, but that's for another day. King MOM two weeks running - could be three if the opposition continue giving him half the park to run into. Bolton, apart from 20 mins just before and after half time look like they're playing with little belief. They conceded 4 and it could have been 6 or 7.

If Rovers could swap Dann for a better centre half then that would be a massive step in the right direction.

I was there Gav.

that's what I think every time I see you've posted.

I think Taylor had his best appearance to date in his 20mins or so, our bench is so strong at the minute, I think we have good cover for most positions the only thing its missing is good back up striker that doesn't mind sitting on the bench until he gets his chance(I think Best is only on the bench to keep his face in the transfer window!)

To be fair Mercer, you can't just use terms of endearment for rival teams players and management in the style of Alan Nixon, then expect not to be called out on it.

K-Hod, it's a game not a war !

I have friends who support Burnley, Bolton, Blackpool and other clubs but we don't get hung up about it.

I honestly think too many on this MB take it all too seriously.

• Moderation Lead

I have friends who support Burnley, Bolton, Blackpool and other clubs but we don't get hung up about it.

Don't we all!!!! Though I don't talk using terms of endearment when mentioning other teams players/management.

Don't play dumb.

Like any troll, you know exactly why you p!ss people off.

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Ewood.

Again, refreshing to see 11 players giving it their all.

Sublime finishing 4, Bolton can't finish 1.

Goals change and win matches and if Beckford had put Bolton ahead in the 1st half, when he should have, then who knows.

Main points for me:

• Kean making too many errors
  • Defence opened up too often and too easily - teams that have better strikers will punish us
  • Marshall - hope it's a case that the lad is simply not fit as he struggled with his movement and mobility
  • Cairney is a good footballer but needs to get involved more and to try to stamp his authority more on the game
  • King - wow, the lad looks a different player
  • Sublime finishes from Dunn & Rhodes and a cracker from Evans
  • Glad we didn't sign Spearing
  • My estimate of attendance, 13 to 14 thousand, nearly 16,000 'officially', hmmm
  • Last player off pitch was Rhodes who made a point of shaking hands with Freedman, hmmm again - would make a huge difference to Bolton's team

Finally, next 48 hours are going to be key for Freedman and if anyone has a spare tenner in their pockets, I would get it on him to be the next Championship manager to leave. I think it is a sh1t or bust window for him.

Always nice to hear the opposing fans' perspective.

Couldn't fault today. King was a different player to the one I saw at Derby. Frightening in full flight. Bolton were poor defensively but any team would have struggled against that kind of pace. Rhodes looked sharp and was far more involved, mainly due to our midfield giving him decent supply. If there is any chance of getting Cairney in for the rest of the season then we have to take it.

Too soon to make any proper judgements but I can't remember us playing so well or scoring so many goals in consecutive weeks for a long time. A couple more decent results and I think we could start to get optimistic.

Really enjoyed Cairney's performance today, amongst others. We have an impressive young side. Evans' tackle on Spearing was a nice introduction and a very important strike - what a fantastic debut! Although I have thought for some time that too much will be expected of Jake Kean this year. There's no doubting he's a talented young goalkeeper but a No.1 spot week in week out and we will see mistakes.

Great performance :brfc: King = outstanding and a special mention for Jason Lowe, thought he broke up play really well and helped maintain the pressure.

Biggest plus is, unlike last seasons start the results are now reflective of the way we are playing, so as long as the players stay motivated and nothing 'Venk-razy!' happens theres no reason we cant carry on winning(though we need to start picking more points up away if we want to mount a serious promotion challenge)

Archived