BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Bolton - by m1st :)

cn174

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed todays game. Thought we dominated 1st half and did enough second half. my Bolton mates were very confident before the season, wonder what their thoughts are now?

Impressed with king, who would make a great target man as a lone forward. Cairney was excellent. Dunny was good. Thought Taylor looked good wheb he came on and Evans goal was superb.

Very pleased and looking forward to seeing all my Bolton mates!!

COYB

From the BBC

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer: "Jordan Rhodes is very important to us. He proved again what a quality finisher he is with two goals today. It is not just his goals but also his work rate.

"When I first took the job I asked the owners about Jordan Rhodes and they said he was not for sale. As soon as 23:00 BST comes on Monday you will have to talk about something else. He is better than a £10m player for me. He is a goalscorer.

"I thought we were very clinical today again and we might have had a couple more in the first half. Their goalkeeper made a couple of outstanding saves."

Doesn't sound like Bowyer wants to sell Rhodes and values him at more than £10mill.

Surely no one will pay more than that?

• Backroom

From the BBC

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer: "Jordan Rhodes is very important to us. He proved again what a quality finisher he is with two goals today. It is not just his goals but also his work rate.

"When I first took the job I asked the owners about Jordan Rhodes and they said he was not for sale. As soon as 23:00 BST comes on Monday you will have to talk about something else. He is better than a £10m player for me. He is a goalscorer.

"I thought we were very clinical today again and we might have had a couple more in the first half. Their goalkeeper made a couple of outstanding saves."

Doesn't sound like Bowyer wants to sell Rhodes and values him at more than £10mill.

Surely no one will pay more than that?

Doesn't matter what Bowyer values him at, only the owners - and let's face it, we have no idea what they would sell at. Don't trust a word that comes out of their mouths and deep down I doubt Bowyer does either. If Rhodes is sold, Bowyer's cleverly laying the blame totally at their feet.

only 39% possession for rovers?

Some sort of mess up from BBC which I presume you are using.. was 57% to us at full time then dropped to 39% in the match review.. *shrug* unless they used one of those post match analysis programs (can be off by a huge margin, they count time on the ball rather than the passing part even if its from one of yours to another)

Anyone know what has happened to King.. was utterly useless and in the last 2 games has turned into one of our star players?.. new lass maybe or a kick up the ass..

It seems the manergial genius of Wee Dougie wasn't enough to beat our rag tag group of not-good-enoughs... David and Goliath, eh?

On a more serious note, it's good to see King starting to get more out of his (considerable) raw ability. If he can be molded into a player with better decision making and final ball we'll have a real player on our hands.

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Ewood.

Again, refreshing to see 11 players giving it their all.

Sublime finishing 4, Bolton can't finish 1.

Goals change and win matches and if Beckford had put Bolton ahead in the 1st half, when he should have, then who knows.

Main points for me:

• Kean making too many errors
  • Defence opened up too often and too easily - teams that have better strikers will punish us
  • Marshall - hope it's a case that the lad is simply not fit as he struggled with his movement and mobility
  • Cairney is a good footballer but needs to get involved more and to try to stamp his authority more on the game
  • King - wow, the lad looks a different player
  • Sublime finishes from Dunn & Rhodes and a cracker from Evans
  • Glad we didn't sign Spearing
  • My estimate of attendance, 13 to 14 thousand, nearly 16,000 'officially', hmmm
  • Last player off pitch was Rhodes who made a point of shaking hands with Freedman, hmmm again - would make a huge difference to Bolton's team
Finally, next 48 hours are going to be key for Freedman and if anyone has a spare tenner in their pockets, I would get it on him to be the next Championship manager to leave. I think it is a sh1t or bust window for him.

FREEDMAN? what happened to wee dougie? Heh heh

Really enjoyed todays game. Thought we dominated 1st half and did enough second half. my Bolton mates were very confident before the season, wonder what their thoughts are now?

Impressed with king, who would make a great target man as a lone forward. Cairney was excellent. Dunny was good. Thought Taylor looked good wheb he came on and Evans goal was superb.

Very pleased and looking forward to seeing all my Bolton mates!!

COYB

Really!? king being a lone forward didn't work last time, I think he's proving effective enough on the wing, he doesn't have the vision to play behind the striker, he just needs to work on his shooting 2 or 3 times many other players would have easily finished from the positions he got himself into.

Wee Dougie will be fine, don't worry about him !

What happened to Sheffield last season? Predictions don't seem to be your strong point!

Thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Ewood.

Again, refreshing to see 11 players giving it their all.

Sublime finishing 4, Bolton can't finish 1.

Goals change and win matches and if Beckford had put Bolton ahead in the 1st half, when he should have, then who knows.

Main points for me:

• Kean making too many errors
  • Defence opened up too often and too easily - teams that have better strikers will punish us
  • Marshall - hope it's a case that the lad is simply not fit as he struggled with his movement and mobility
  • Cairney is a good footballer but needs to get involved more and to try to stamp his authority more on the game
  • King - wow, the lad looks a different player
  • Sublime finishes from Dunn & Rhodes and a cracker from Evans
  • Glad we didn't sign Spearing
  • My estimate of attendance, 13 to 14 thousand, nearly 16,000 'officially', hmmm
  • Last player off pitch was Rhodes who made a point of shaking hands with Freedman, hmmm again - would make a huge difference to Bolton's team

Finally, next 48 hours are going to be key for Freedman and if anyone has a spare tenner in their pockets, I would get it on him to be the next Championship manager to leave. I think it is a sh1t or bust window for him.

very pleased that you were and enjoy the Rovers win today.

No chance that Rhodes will be going Bolton. even Nicko has just admitted that Bolton or Wigan will not be signing him.

Bowyer has said today on Rovers player and on BBC Radio lancs that Rhodes is NOT FOR SALE!!! Simple as.

Also when Rhodes scored his first goal today he pointed to the Rovers shirt to the Rovers fans in the Darwen end. I noticed it at the game and since seen it on Sky and he clearly does it.

I was very impressed with Evans, a real little terrier in midfield, Id love to see Cairney signed up permanent before his value goes sky high-very classy player on the ball(and hassles the oppo a lot as well), King is just on fire,

Dann and Lowe where good for the most part but still our 2 biggest liabilities when defending, both are just so shaky,

Is there somewhere we can hide Rhodes and cut of all communication to him until the transfer window slams shut(seriously though I cant see anybody being prepared to cough up 10mill+upfront+add-ons to sign him)

we do need to get Cairney signed up asap. Very good today

That's the first time in 33 months, that I actually believe we might be turning things around.

Today's performance was very promising. We still look very vulnerable at the back, but that's for another day. King MOM two weeks running - could be three if the opposition continue giving him half the park to run into. Bolton, apart from 20 mins just before and after half time look like they're playing with little belief. They conceded 4 and it could have been 6 or 7.

Bowyer did seems to have Rovers have the right track. promising signs for us.

Had a drink or two with some family and friends who follow Bolton before the match - their view, irrespective of result, was that unless Davies backs Freedman in the market over the next 48 hours then he would walk.

I cant see Bolton now spending money when they haven't back DF all summer. they need 4 or 5 players in. said this all summer

Really enjoyed Cairney's performance today, amongst others. We have an impressive young side. Evans' tackle on Spearing was a nice introduction and a very important strike - what a fantastic debut! Although I have thought for some time that too much will be expected of Jake Kean this year. There's no doubting he's a talented young goalkeeper but a No.1 spot week in week out and we will see mistakes.

Great performance :brfc: King = outstanding and a special mention for Jason Lowe, thought he broke up play really well and helped maintain the pressure.

Evans was very good when he came on. change the game when Bowyer went to 2 defensive centre midfielder and put Cairney in the number 10 role.

Lowe was good. King with his pace was outstanding

Wow, what is happening at Rovers?! A team with skill, passion, pace and quality. Haven't seen this in a while. We actually have a very talented squad. Bowyer is building a very good young team. Definitely moving in the right direction at long last and bowyer is a huge reason for that. Can't believe some people were actually calling him to be sacked after the Doncaster game.

We have not just won the last two games, we have absolutely murdered our opposition. We have genuine strength in depth. Just look at the players who weren't in the starting 11 today - judge, Taylor, Evans, rochina, kilgallon, Robinson, etuhu, marrow, best, DJ, Williamson etc

Really!? king being a lone forward didn't work last time, I think he's proving effective enough on the wing, he doesn't have the vision to play behind the striker, he just needs to work on his shooting 2 or 3 times many other players would have easily finished from the positions he got himself into.

Yes, but probably need to expand a little. i would play him as a lone striker say if we were 1-0 up and we were resorting to long punts up field if we were on the back foot. On this performance he looked like he would trouble defenders with his pace and strength.

Didn't see any of the game but encouraging to read some of the reviews - key thing is that we are playing as a team.

The new signings seem quality too and it's still early days.

Pleased for Bowyer, hopefully we can keep it up and have some luck with injuries.

In the 2001 promotion season we battered Bolton 4-1 away and after that night everybody knew we would get promoted. The holy trilogy of Duff Dunn and Jansen could not be stopped. King Dunn and Rhodes have got a lot to live up to ... but there is real promise and when a whole team and squad celebrate like they did for the 4th then there are excellent signs. I haven't seen a bench erupt like that since Samba's last minute winner at Spurs.

EIEIEIO

Not a white knight Topman just didn't understand why he was getting abuse so I asked the question. Unless I'm mistaken I didn't even defend him. Just a lot of vitriol and I thought I'd missed something.

Plus it's boring how the majority of posts on one page seem to enjoy dishing it out to someone rather than talking about the actual game. I'm sure everyone will carry on even though the 'wee dougie' thing has been done to death and it spoils a good read about us battering Bolton 4-1.

Urgh now I'm getting sidetracked...nothing to see here...

Anyone know what has happened to King.. was utterly useless and in the last 2 games has turned into one of our star players?.. new lass maybe or a kick up the ass..

King was criticized (rather unfairly i might add) by a pundit during his last international, and was then questioned about it in his post match interview. You could hear by his response that it @#/? him off bigtime. That could have woke him up, but hopefully bowyer has something to do with it too.

Fantastic result today. The last two results have really given us all a boost. It's great to see Rhodes up and running again and if we can hold on to him, he could really make the difference in our promotion drive. I, like so many of the fans, knew very little about the players we bought in. There has been such a turn around in players, that it's hard to keep up. But they seem like the are responding well to Bowyers and long may that continue!

Didn't see any of the game but encouraging to read some of the reviews - key thing is that we are playing as a team.

The new signings seem quality too and it's still early days.

Pleased for Bowyer, hopefully we can keep it up and have some luck with injuries.

Also didn't see game, but John summed it up for me.

Encouraging, and I'm starting to enjoy my Saturday Night beers again.

Trotters for dinner tonight ;)

Archived