BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Bolton - by m1st :)

cn174

Did anyone notice Best did not warm up once down the touchline, even when Rhodes was down injured for 2 mins, Best was just sat there looking like he was sulking, Think he could be out of the door by Monday.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee Dougie will be fine, don't worry about him !

You're probably correct Mercer, the concern rests with you.

If you've lumped on big time with your predictions, I guess you could do worse than have a word in Gordon Taylor's shell like!

Cairney was brilliant today, he was at the hub of everything positive that we did Mercerman... I'm concerned about Lowes jumping ability. He was much better today though! The left backs a real player, absolutely chuffed to bits with him, reminds me very much of Lucas Neil.

I take my hat off to Bowyer, our first team squads looking extremely well balanced now! Some very astute signings too!!

Could anyone give a good analysis of how Corry Evans played today? Apart from his goal, how did he play? I have a feeling he might be a key player for us this season.

He looked in the Billy McKinlay mould to me(midfield terrier) just what you need in the heart of a 5 man mid, definitely looking like a bargain at 500k

• Backroom

Did anyone notice Best did not warm up once down the touchline, even when Rhodes was down injured for 2 mins, Best was just sat there looking like he was sulking, Think he could be out of the door by Monday.

Not to be pedantic (ok being totally pedantic) he did warm up once in the first half but it was clear he was never even considered for a run out bowyer clearly wants rid

Everybody is on cloud 9 and rightly so after a good win where we genuinely played well for what seems like the first time in years.

However, I think the better result will be known on Tuesday morning as to whether actually keep Rhodes or not. All the talk is he's going nowhere etc but I won't rest easy until the transfer window is shut.

For now though time to enjoy a good win whilst the brfcs swing-o-meter is at delirium before it potentially swings back to all out war and doom if rhodes goes and lose to the dingles.

Nice to be smiling. Main thing is we looked coherent –somebody is thinking and it manifests itself on the pitch in small important details. Dann and Kean using long diagonal to King; Cairney’s skill complementing Lowe the water carrier; King’s brain in the right place (despite some end product issues at times); Dunn in the pockets behind Rhodes; sensible service to Rhodes.

We could list frailties but it would be churlish now after such a win.

A young team with good attitude, egos held in check (?), manager with some footballing commonsense should at least see us moving in the right direction. Of course, this is Rovers under the Venky’s and recent experience has conditioned us to black humour and the ever-present sense of implosion BUT can we talk of green shoots of recovery?

Brilliant from Rovers today. If Barnsley was 3rd gear then this was screaming along in 5th. I don't think that lot are a particularly bad side, they've got some good attacking players and when confident and on the ball, can cause problems. But the trio of Dunn, King and Rhodes can tear anyone apart at the moment and they seem to have injected a huge amount of confidence into the rest of the side. Its about time we did that to Bolton and the manager and the players deserve all the credit they get today. Was great to be at an Ewood in such high spirits and with everyone pulling together and supporting the team, bring on the dingles!!

You're probably correct Mercer, the concern rests with you.

If you've lumped on big time with your predictions, I guess you could do worse than have a word in Gordon Taylor's shell like!

Hey, don't worry about me, under control !

Cairney was brilliant today, he was at the hub of everything positive that we did Mercerman... I'm concerned about Lowes jumping ability. He was much better today though! The left backs a real player, absolutely chuffed to bits with him, reminds me very much of Lucas Neil.

I take my hat off to Bowyer, our first team squads looking extremely well balanced now! Some very astute signings too!!

Think Cairney is a v good footballer with skill and vision, however, would like him to get more involved and be more influential earlier in the game. Last 15 minutes he was 'running the show' when 4-1 up - we need that from the 1st minute.

I take my hat off to Bowyer, our first team squads looking extremely well balanced now! Some very astute signings! I'd like to see robbo back between the sticks, then let's push for top 6

Nice to be smiling. Main thing is we looked coherent –somebody is thinking and it manifests itself on the pitch in small important details. Dann and Kean using long diagonal to King; Cairney’s skill complementing Lowe the water carrier; King’s brain in the right place (despite some end product issues at times); Dunn in the pockets behind Rhodes; sensible service to Rhodes.

We could list frailties but it would be churlish now after such a win.

A young team with good attitude, egos held in check (?), manager with some footballing commonsense should at least see us moving in the right direction. Of course, this is Rovers under the Venky’s and recent experience has conditioned us to black humour and the ever-present sense of implosion BUT can we talk of green shoots of recovery?

Absolutely. Every reason to feel positive, as a Rovers fan. So good to walk away from Ewood, feeling satisfied after a thoroughly entertaining performance.

Yes, I was proud of my team today-skill, creativity, passion, great pace, cracking goals( a much overdue win over Bolton too)

At long last , a balanced, functional team put together by someone, who kows the game with the sole aim of winning matches... rather than a dysfunctional group assembled by an egotistical clown or just to make money for agents etc

Well done and thanks!

Brilliant from Rovers today. If Barnsley was 3rd gear then this was screaming along in 5th. I don't think that lot are a particularly bad side, they've got some good attacking players and when confident and on the ball, can cause problems. But the trio of Dunn, King and Rhodes can tear anyone apart at the moment and they seem to have injected a huge amount of confidence into the rest of the side. Its about time we did that to Bolton and the manager and the players deserve all the credit they get today. Was great to be at an Ewood in such high spirits and with everyone pulling together and supporting the team, bring on the dingles!!

Exaactly right.

The fans united behind the team and manager never quite heard a blue n white army chant like the 1 that bowyer got towards the end of the match.

• Backroom

Hey, don't worry about me, under control !

Think Cairney is a v good footballer with skill and vision, however, would like him to get more involved and be more influential earlier in the game. Last 15 minutes he was 'running the show' when 4-1 up - we need that from the 1st minute.

Lets not forget that it was his reading of the game and work that set King away for the opener

There was a real feel good feeling in the Blackburn End that is hard to find at Ewood often these days

Exaactly right.

The fans united behind the team and manager never quite heard a blue n white army chant like the 1 that bowyer got towards the end of the match.

At that point I looked around the ground and all 4 sides were joining in the chant. When did that last happen??

Lets not forget that it was his reading of the game and work that set King away for the opener

There was a real feel good feeling in the Blackburn End that is hard to find at Ewood often these days

I know - what I am getting at is I want him to be less 'peripheral' early on and 'dominate' like Tugay used to (that is not saying he is in Tugay's league but saying that it is that type of domination and influence he should have on the game for us at this level).

He has v good vision and undoubtedly, he can pick a pass. Maybe I am being a tad harsh as if he did 'dominate' for longer spells, he wouldn't be with us on loan !

Great performance today, King was magnificent and it's strange to be saying that after writing him off earlier.

Cairney also was superb, early days for him but if he is potentially available we must get in there quickly.

Could list all the team but these 2 along with Dunn and Rhodes were the best of a very good bunch.

It's easy to get swept away with the optimism (as it is with pessimism following bad results) but I feel really heartened for the season ahead now. Young , hungry players who are playing for the manager with no big egos taking over the dressing room.

Who's to say we won't be in with a shot at the playoffs at the business end??

Archived