BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Lancs seemed a bit gutted by the way :-)

Loved the comment that Dyche is as a manager as he was as a player.

Ye, shytte http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Dyche#Playing_career

They've had it in for us ever since we tried to charge them the same after the BBC had forced them to make cut backs. I noticed the studio today was at PNE.

But a well executed one-two with pace is difficult to defend (most people who have played the game say this). I would rather give credit to Ings and Stanislaus for their movement than be over critical of Cairney.

I've got to agree Arbitro, credit where it's due, it was a well crafted and executed goal.

The ref robbed us of going in front prior to their goal with the ludicrous decision to bring play back for a yellow card with Rhodes about to put us one up.

I thought we were spot on with our play with the exception of varying our delivery from corners. How many more to the back post to come to nothing?

On to Leicester, if we get a result there, we're really up and running IMO.

For the first time in 3 years I'm genuinely looking forward to the next game and dare I say, am quite excited!

(Please don't f**k up the feel good factor Balaji and co!)

Yes, he wasn't closed down, it was a good ping, but I have to blame our keeper. Poor.

Really Bob? I thought the pace and placement of the shot would have beat any keeper. Kean was shaky again today but I wouldn't attach any blame to him at all for the goal.

And in fairness the only one on the receiving end of bad officiating today was us

Rhodes was clearly onside and clean through

Should the ref have been sent off and receive a 10 match ban or have us awarded a penalty?

Good question for the embittered souls on claretsmad perhaps? ^_^

Someone up there definitely likes us!!

After the last 3 years are you kidding Maj? The conclusion that I have come to is that 'someone up there' hates Burnley more. :lol:

Really Bob? I thought the pace and placement of the shot would have beat any keeper. Kean was shaky again today but I wouldn't attach any blame to him at all for the goal.

Although to Kean's right, it was not dissimilar to Cairney's shot that Heaton finger tipped round the left hand post in the first half. Whilst I don't blame Kean, I think he could have made a better fist of it; narrowing the angle better and not dropping to the floor like a sack of spuds. Great goal though it was.

I've got to agree Arbitro, credit where it's due, it was a well crafted and executed goal.

The ref robbed us of going in front prior to their goal with the ludicrous decision to bring play back for a yellow card with Rhodes about to put us one up.

I thought we were spot on with our play with the exception of varying our delivery from corners. How many more to the back post to come to nothing?

On to Leicester, if we get a result there, we're really up and running IMO.

For the first time in 3 years I'm genuinely looking forward to the next game and dare I say, am quite excited!

(Please don't f**k up the feel good factor Balaji and co!)

Will be very tough to get anything there, they battered us last season, but will maybe give us some indication how much we have improved,

a point would be great with Hudds at home on Saturday to come.

Absolutely.

There was barely any point us taking a free kick or corner most of the time either. The ref had obviously made up his mind to blow for a foul AGAINST US before the ball was even played in.

Corrected Simon.

A fully deserved point in my opinion. For their better possession in the first half they didn't create much, their best chance being when Kean kicked the ball against Vokes. We were the better side in the second half again without creating too much. The referee was poor and what on earth he kept seeing when he gave several free-kicks against us in the penalty area God only knows. His decision to stop play when Rhodes was through on goal beggars belief.

We saw the usual Neanderthals while we were coming in and going out and the majority of them had more fingers than teeth. I just saw that two 25 year old women from Blackburn were arrested as they left the ground for attempting to steal seats.

As an aside I thought asbestos had been banned and should be replaced. For nigh on three hours today a few thousand Rovers fans were almost surrounded by it.

Depends on the type of asbestos.

btw I'm curious... how do you know they were both 25?

1) Watching on tv, thought that with the youth in our side, this would be Burnley's best chance for a while. Burnley were mainly trying to outmuscle us but never made anything of it.

2) As today was a local derby, I don't think you can use today to predict how we will fair over the rest of the season.

3) Williamson will now go down as a Blackburn legend.

5) If we are after a loan signing to cover the loss of Rochina and Dunn, why not the Burnley right-back, his throughball for Rhodes was a pearler.

6) Did I miss GBs comments on Sky or did they just concentrate on getting Dyche in to their studio for a long, comfy chat? Seems a little bit one-sided taking in to account the nature of the game and surprised Dyche wouldn't be doing his job with his team at that time but hey, not complaining about that. :)

Will be very tough to get anything there, they battered us last season, but will maybe give us some indication how much we have improved,

a point would be great with Hudds at home on Saturday to come.

Agree totally WYR.

Isn't it great though to just debate and share football opinions on Rovers as opposed to all the bol****s that we've had to endure for 3 years?

Hopefully there's nothing or anyone waiting round the corner to shunt it off the rails!

COYB!

Keeper should have saved that, spot on bob.

I need to see that again. I'm not Keans biggest fan by a mile but it was a screamer, it was low and it was into the corner of the net. Whether he was unsighted or simply not expecting it I can't yet say. What I do know is that the shot should have been blocked and wasn't.

Archived