BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've sung it before I think but surely the "song" re Jack Walker is going too far?

Slum dog keanerse

Sums up perfectly their bitterness towards the great man and the achievements our club enjoyed under his tenure.

It hurt them so much then..and continues to eat away at their tiny minds.

35 YEARS!!

Interestingly, official attendance 15,699 which is abysmal.

We are all too familiar with the reasons for our non-attendance, what's Burnley's excuse?

Were there 25,000 locked outside, bus strike, bovine epidemic?

Kick off time,over Policing,Ticket prices,Tv etc etc... all the same problems that will effect the return gate at Ewood no doubt.

Have to admit though I was surprised less than 14,000 'of the best fans in the world' could be bothered with their cup final.

Lowest attendance since 1945 at Turf Moor for this fixture apparently.

Gutted, really thought we'd done it!

Was a decent game though, poor crowd.

Oh well we have to try again in March!

Honestly think you have missed your chance for a few years now

our young team will only get better for the experience

Kick off time,over Policing,Ticket prices,Tv etc etc... all the same problems that will effect the return gate at Ewood no doubt.

Have to admit though I was surprised less than 14,000 'of the best fans in the world' could be bothered with their cup final.

Lowest attendance since 1945 at Turf Moor for this fixture apparently.

And they had the gaul to criticise our away following! There was apparently over 50,000 on yesterday but due to tax reasons they called it 15,000.

Well the run continues - their best opportunity gone? They were at home playing against a very very young team. We were in reality missing a few key players - Dunn Rochina DJ Robinson and the game a bit to early for Williamson (gald he came on though!!) How would they cope with a similar number of players out? They will drop down the table inevitably as injuries occur.

Even in the first 30 mins when they were playing better than us how many clear cut chance did they create? We look increasingly better defensively and better organised as a team (defensively). I cant stress this enough because there are going to be games or parts of game when you may not be on top and must show the resilience which we did even with our lack of experience. This team battles and comes back in games. When we have the experience of either Dunn Williamson or Robinson in the team that will help.

I think Evans Lowe and Cairney did ok. Our wide players not as effective in the game. King is young and is going to be inconsistent, Marshall needs time and games to get match sharpness and his confidence. Good thing is we have players to come on if they are not playing at their best.

Better game for our back 4.

Kean looked shaky at times, but it happens especially young keepers. Part of the experience of them developing and improving. Good experienced keepers know and cope better with the fact there are going to be good and bad games for them. The positive is he didn't concede a goal through any of his shakiness. With his double save could have done a little better with first save but recovery very good.

I actually think that when we did play we looked more likely to score and had better quality than Burnley. Their goal was a wonder strike - we could and should have kept tighter on him - with more pressure on him will he hit it as well, but in reality we wont concede goals like that every week.

The concern I do have is we suffer without Dunn or Rochina. Cairney really is a good player but to me he is more of a cm play maker than advanced attacking mid. It didn't help that out wide mids didn't have great games but Dunn or that attacking mid helps to bring them in the game. Still first game that Evans Cairney and Lowe started a game and it does take time. Also those three do mean we are less likely to concede.

I cant help but wonder how the game would have gone if the ref doesn't make the absolutely mad decision to pull play back when Rhodes is alongside and ahead of defender facing goal in a great position to score. Score then and it really does change the game and I suspect we would have gone on to win. There is no doubt in my mind we looked the stronger team in the second half.

It does increasingly look like Bowyer has the knowledge and ability to change how we are playing for the better when things aren't going as well as planned. Interesting that he is looking for more of a target striker to add to the squad.

Still its a young team, lots of new players, it takes time to get a really good understanding. The hope is as the season goes on we will get stronger as the team develops and add some of the experienced players into the mix. Burnley have a more settled team having played last season together and that most certainly has helped with their start to the season but I cant help but start to believe we will get stronger as the season develops. The reality is we could have easily had more points even now if some decisions had gone our way - the individual errors seem to be happening less and less.

There are now at least reasons team wise to have some hope.

Please please Venky's don't interfere in the football side of the club. Perhaps you could now appoint a Board who are experienced in running a football club and let them run the club?

I thought the substitution of Marshall and Lowe for Taylor and Judge was just right, but bringing Williamson on after 90 mins for Evans was foolish. Nothing to be gained by it - a player way off the pace generally because of his long-term injury, never mind off the pace of that game.

I really like Kane, but he was at fault for their goal - he would normally have got away with leaving his man there without someone else picking him up though - and partly at fault for the red card.

Best player on the pitch was their right-back - Trippier - but both Cairney and Evans are starting to look very useful.

Our corners,to back post every time and failed every time, but no change!

Agree fully apert from the one that Hanley should have hit the traget with. Lack of imagination on the training ground imo. I must say Judge's corners (and general dead ball delivery) appear to me to be a notch up on the rest. He'd start at present for me.

btw speaking of Hanley it wasn't very professional of him to turn his back and make himself 'small' in the process when he failed to block that first half pile driver from Danny Ings. Likes to always gives the impression of being a hard man but that was a schoolboy reaction that I hope is pointed out to him by the manager on Monday.

I thought the substitution of Marshall and Lowe for Taylor and Judge was just right, but bringing Williamson on after 90 mins for Evans was foolish. Nothing to be gained by it - a player way off the pace generally because of his long-term injury, never mind off the pace of that game.

I really like Kane, but he was at fault for their goal - he would normally have got away with leaving his man there without someone else picking him up though - and partly at fault for the red card.

Best player on the pitch was their right-back - Trippier - but both Cairney and Evans are starting to look very useful.

Agree if any rovers player was at fault it was Kane. Once he'd followed Stanislas inside then he had to stay with him.

Trippier was good going forward but looked poor when going the other way. He struggled against King's pace but it was not used as much as it should have been.

The only reason I can see for that last sub, was if Evans had picked up an injury.

1) Watching on tv, thought that with the youth in our side, this would be Burnley's best chance for a while. Burnley were mainly trying to outmuscle us but never made anything of it.

2) As today was a local derby, I don't think you can use today to predict how we will fair over the rest of the season.

3) Williamson will now go down as a Blackburn legend.

5) If we are after a loan signing to cover the loss of Rochina and Dunn, why not the Burnley right-back, his throughball for Rhodes was a pearler.

6) Did I miss GBs comments on Sky or did they just concentrate on getting Dyche in to their studio for a long, comfy chat? Seems a little bit one-sided taking in to account the nature of the game and surprised Dyche wouldn't be doing his job with his team at that time but hey, not complaining about that. :)

I reckon 4) would have been the most I insightful and intelligent point ever made on any Internet message board and would have put all Rovers problems into a perfect nutshell with a simple solution. Pity.

On that showing we won't get anywhere near promotion. We're too young and inexperienced.

Interesting point. Another one would be that we can only get better and 3 games 7 points. You're allowed some optimism in life.

• Backroom

He's hardly saying things to impress us is he?

Would struggle to listen to him even if he was our manager. AVB is another one I can't stand to listen to, his voicebox sounds like it's been through a shredder.

Agree with the general sentiment that the dingles have missed one of their best opportunities to beat us in years. Last year's match (with the Dunn late equaliser) was probably the best but this one is a close second. By the time the match at Ewood rolls around the team will have gelled, matured and we'll likely have one of Dunn or Rochina available.

I watched it on TV. I was exhausted at the end. A cracking good derby. Thank goodness for our fortunate equaliser.

I thought everyone played reasonably well in the cauldron.

Just one thing. That man Kane is great going forward but his defending is atrocious, week after week.

Someone has got a lot of work to do on the training ground to teach the lad how to defend properly.

Glad the derby game is over. Now we can move on.

I watched it on TV. I was exhausted at the end. A cracking good derby. Thank goodness for our fortunate equaliser.

I thought everyone played reasonably well in the cauldron.

Just one thing. That man Kane is great going forward but his defending is atrocious, week after week.

Someone has got a lot of work to do on the training ground to teach the lad how to defend properly.

Glad the derby game is over. Now we can move on.

I'm not sure that Kane will ever make a defender.. Maybe it's time to move Lowe to right back and try Kane further up the field.

Well the run continues - their best opportunity gone? They were at home playing against a very very young team. We were in reality missing a few key players - Dunn Rochina DJ Robinson and the game a bit to early for Williamson (gald he came on though!!) How would they cope with a similar number of players out? They will drop down the table inevitably as injuries occur.

Even in the first 30 mins when they were playing better than us how many clear cut chance did they create? We look increasingly better defensively and better organised as a team (defensively). I cant stress this enough because there are going to be games or parts of game when you may not be on top and must show the resilience which we did even with our lack of experience. This team battles and comes back in games. When we have the experience of either Dunn Williamson or Robinson in the team that will help.

I think Evans Lowe and Cairney did ok. Our wide players not as effective in the game. King is young and is going to be inconsistent, Marshall needs time and games to get match sharpness and his confidence. Good thing is we have players to come on if they are not playing at their best.

Better game for our back 4.

Kean looked shaky at times, but it happens especially young keepers. Part of the experience of them developing and improving. Good experienced keepers know and cope better with the fact there are going to be good and bad games for them. The positive is he didn't concede a goal through any of his shakiness. With his double save could have done a little better with first save but recovery very good.

I actually think that when we did play we looked more likely to score and had better quality than Burnley. Their goal was a wonder strike - we could and should have kept tighter on him - with more pressure on him will he hit it as well, but in reality we wont concede goals like that every week.

The concern I do have is we suffer without Dunn or Rochina. Cairney really is a good player but to me he is more of a cm play maker than advanced attacking mid. It didn't help that out wide mids didn't have great games but Dunn or that attacking mid helps to bring them in the game. Still first game that Evans Cairney and Lowe started a game and it does take time. Also those three do mean we are less likely to concede.

I cant help but wonder how the game would have gone if the ref doesn't make the absolutely mad decision to pull play back when Rhodes is alongside and ahead of defender facing goal in a great position to score. Score then and it really does change the game and I suspect we would have gone on to win. There is no doubt in my mind we looked the stronger team in the second half.

It does increasingly look like Bowyer has the knowledge and ability to change how we are playing for the better when things aren't going as well as planned. Interesting that he is looking for more of a target striker to add to the squad.

Still its a young team, lots of new players, it takes time to get a really good understanding. The hope is as the season goes on we will get stronger as the team develops and add some of the experienced players into the mix. Burnley have a more settled team having played last season together and that most certainly has helped with their start to the season but I cant help but start to believe we will get stronger as the season develops. The reality is we could have easily had more points even now if some decisions had gone our way - the individual errors seem to be happening less and less.

There are now at least reasons team wise to have some hope.

Please please Venky's don't interfere in the football side of the club. Perhaps you could now appoint a Board who are experienced in running a football club and let them run the club?

That's the point though, we've been conceding similar goals regularly ever since the VenKean take over.

Archived