BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

I's good to see a manager on the touchline quite often bawling instructions etc at his players. Especially after the duds of Kean and Appleton stood mute on the touchline. Even better when the players actually seem to follow the instructions.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They did close us down quickly, I was impressed with the way they did that against notlob. We on the other hand gave them too much time early in the game. That said I don't think they had much else. Once got the ball down and passed 8t a bit. I thought we were way the better side. Old clarrot tony is a delusional one.

My early season prediction was for a slow start and a late surge to the playoffs. I'll stand by that. We need a tweak here and there but I am for the first time in some time actually excited about this team

They did close us down quickly, I was impressed with the way they did that against notlob. We on the other hand gave them too much time early in the game. That said I don't think they had much else. Once got the ball down and passed 8t a bit. I thought we were way the better side. Old clarrot tony is a delusional one.

My early season prediction was for a slow start and a late surge to the playoffs. I'll stand by that. We need a tweak here and there but I am for the first time in some time actually excited about this team

I agree. One point that none of the commentators made was that we were actually rewarded for our own pressing late in the game. This was a key factor in our goal.

A young team away from home in a fiery atmosphere, happy with the point.

I thought Burnley certainly had the better of the first half, but the goal came against the run of play and ultimately we deserved the point we got.

Badly missed the flair/creativity of Dunn (and Rochina) but all in all I was pleased.

Definitely played better than we did last season, both home and away games, the only real area of concern for me at the moment is Kean.

It's still far too early to be critical of the young keeper, but I do feel he should have done better on the goal, he was shaky against Bolton, his error lead to the goal against Nottingham Forest and his kicking leaves a lot to be desired. Interesting to see what happens when Robinson is back fit. Personally I'd bring Robinson back in.

The dingles can moan all they like about a flukey goal but in all honesty it was their own "kick it anywhere" defending that cost them.

Little drag back, fast feet and Duff would have been out of trouble. I see 13 year old kids panicking less than Duff did.

Instead of keeping cool and using his skill to save himself he looked for row z - only to find the shin of God.

This may sound harsh to some but these last few meetings between our two have seen us mostly second bested and leaving it late for the draw.We may all be glad of the point in the end but Jesus Christ how far have we fallen these last three years?...standards have gone through the floor.

When we all take a step back to assess the situation we all know it's NOT good enough.

The last 3 meetings have seen us second best because 2 were played under diabolical managers who should never have been appointed, and one was away against a Burnley side in probably their best form and best league position of the season. As well as being 3rd, Burnley had just thrashed Derby away who then went and thrashed Millwall away, so they had a better result and more momentum going into the game than our wins at home against bottom 3 sides.

We all know the underlying reason for our general decline, but there's nothing we can do about it. All we can do is work with what Venkys have left us. A rookie manager and a Championship squad.

The last 2.5 seasons we've seen muppets underperforming at every level of the club. Now we've got guys who, if not quite yet overperforming, are at least trying their damndest to.

Guest Wen Y Hu

We give them Venky's. We give them Steve Kean. We give them a 1-0 lead. They still can't beat us.

When Duff seemed to smack it into his own net, I didn't celebrate. I cacked myself laughing.

Only when I saw the replay did I applaud the genius of Jordan Rhodes. Excellent positioning for a cracking technical goal. :D

Oh the pain, the pain, the pain ! It hurts like hell.

Survived another incursion into dingle territory along with Preston Blue and Ewoodbehappy. Even had time to catch a photo with Bertie Molester being given a dingle 6 fingered salute in front of his own supporters !

Class listening to them coming out of the ground. Fair result me thinks. Better than us ? The tide has turned ? Think not my claret friends.

35 YEARS and counting

A very brief assessment from me before I once more retire to lick my wounds.

Firstly a thanks to the few fans who could find it in themselves to recognise some of the qualities we displayed during the game.

On the match, fairly simple really. We pretty much dominated the first half yet you probably had the clearest/best scoring chances. We had a moment not entirely dis similar to the one that went in off Rhodes in the first half too.

Second half it was all about with you dominating for 30 minutes. I was like a cat on hot tin roof watching corner after corner but neither side really created many clear cut chances during this period either. The substitution for us I thought was a little late, Kightly had looked shattered from half time onwards. Our goal I felt came as we were just about getting back into the game, and was certainly a good hit. Your goal was all about the dreadful back pass and Rhodes' awareness - and was painful to see! On the sending off - I was furious but had it been reversed I'd have been even more furious if our player hadn't brought the lad down, it may not be pretty but it is, and for as long as I've watched has been, football.

On balance I thought we edged it (come on I obviously would) but didn't create enough scoring chances when we were on top. In truth on the day neither side really created enough clear chances to win it for me but in all honesty I thought both teams looked very decent

I like the fact even the Dingle staff are getting bitter in the LT - first with Mee saying "at least we're still above them" and then Dyche saying "We will beat them, the next one is March 9th isnt it".

It's this desperation and bitterness that is why they boil over so much and bottle it, whether it be leaving Dunny unmarked or the calamity of Rhodes equaliser.

• Moderation Lead

Firstly a thanks to the few fans who could find it in themselves to recognise some of the qualities we displayed during the game.

On the match, fairly simple really. We pretty much dominated the first half yet you probably had the clearest/best scoring chances. We had a moment not entirely dis similar to the one that went in off Rhodes in the first half too.

Second half it was all about with you dominating for 30 minutes. I was like a cat on hot tin roof watching corner after corner but neither side really created many clear cut chances during this period either. The substitution for us I thought was a little late, Kightly had looked shattered from half time onwards. Our goal I felt came as we were just about getting back into the game, and was certainly a good hit. Your goal was all about the dreadful back pass and Rhodes' awareness - and was painful to see! On the sending off - I was furious but had it been reversed I'd have been even more furious if our player hadn't brought the lad down, it may not be pretty but it is, and for as long as I've watched has been, football.

On balance I thought we edged it (come on I obviously would) but didn't create enough scoring chances when we were on top. In truth on the day neither side really created enough clear chances to win it for me but in all honesty I thought both teams looked very decent

Good assessment longsiders. Considerably less biased than a Burnley supporting mate of mine that said we turned up for the draw and only had one shot.....

I like the fact even the Dingle staff are getting bitter in the LT - first with Mee saying "at least we're still above them" and then Dyche saying "We will beat them, the next one is March 9th isnt it".

It's this desperation and bitterness that is why they boil over so much and bottle it, whether it be leaving Dunny unmarked or the calamity of Rhodes equaliser.

A perfect summation.

A perfect summation.

yup, I have said it before the game, the dingles are playing themselves as much as us,

big psychological barrier for them to over come, not easy when you are so much in love with the family

:lol:

An honest appraisal there mate particularly about Williamson fouling Ings to prevent him going through. These games are generally too tense to be good spectacles but on reflection both teams deserve credit for trying to get the ball down and play whenever possible.

Fair assessment, although I did think your team edged the 90 minutes, without creating much. Personally I thought both teams looked bang average at best.

Archived