[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Probably the sweetest volley Mr Rhodes will ever hit in his career

I was slightly more excited when I thought it was an own goal though

I notice there was no terrible goal music when we scored, pity that

Funny that. I'm sure my point was that neither of the defensive midfielders bothered to close the shot down.

Watched it again and the defensive midfielders weren't involved. Todd Kane had been dragged in from the left by Stanislas, when Stanislas went deep he decided that he needed to get back into the back 4 and backed off leaving him totally free in the middle of our half. No one can say for sure but at this point I'd assume that Kane shouted to Cairney who was closest to drop back and pick him up. He did but he did it too late. The one two worked so well cos Cairney was playing catch up and Stanislas is left footed.

They are a bunch of dumb keans down the road. From Clarets Dumb.

I was thinking the exact same thing...was the lad their sub that got sent off?...sent off and missed a few minutes football...gets a 1 match ban in a game he probably would not be starting anyway...should be red card and penalty if potentially stopping a clear run on goal with only the keeper to beat...the rules as they stand are silly.

They don't even realize that he's been out through injury.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2112185706

Positives,

defended decently,

didnt really give Dingles many chances.

Cairney had some nice touches.

We didnt get beat.

Negatives,

played like a team of strangers at times,

Marshall was invisible.

Defended too deep, conceding too much ground to Burnley.

Didnt try and swap King with Marshall, Kings pace vs a booked Mee would have been interesting..

Created nothing whatsoever going forward, scored a very flukey goal.

Referee was awful, including pulling back play when Rhodes was clear (and onside), to book the centre half he should have booked 30 seconds earlier when he also pulled back play when King was breaking down the wing.

Thats 3 fortunate results in a row against that lot, we cant keep doing that.

Burnley had a solid side - let's not forget they would have gone top if they had beaten us. They also had some experienced players against our youngsters - which was always going to be a factor in an occasion like today.

Because of this I think we looked a bit bullied at times and I would say Burnley bossed it for most of the game, but the players kept at it and salvaged a point. When we did put some play together we showed quality.

Those criticising Marshall should remember it is his second game in a Rovers shirt having not played before that this season. Being judged after 2 games! - with supporters like that who needs opposing fans. It's a good job Ronaldo went to United instead of us because he was rubbish in his first year.

I look forward to DJ and later Rochina coming back to support Rhodes. If we can get a big, physical forward in on loan who is good in the air to support him up front and do some of the donkey-work that would be great - free him up to tuck away the scraps. I jokingly thought we should try and get our young lad back from Bury and offer them Best on loan in exchange ;)

Awww. You almost feel sorry for them. They've had so little to cheer about in so long, then a brief glimpse of optimism crushed when their self-proclaimed messiah jumped ship at the sight of the first half-decent opportunity away from Burnley. Now their existence is driven by the desire to defeat us, and every time they think they've finally done it... disaster strikes. The unrelenting depression of being a Burnley fan. Sure, being a Rovers fan isn't great right now either... but at least we have some good memories and a 34, soon to be 35 year undefeated streak to console ourselves with B)

We shouldn't be too critical of Rovers, Burnley or not we were up against 3rd in the table away from home. Those with a level head able to distance themselves from the internet message board world of extremes would have viewed or 2 recent home games as a step in the right direction but by no means proof regarding Bowyer or the team, and would regard this result as a sub-standard performance but a battling point. I said we'd miss Dunn and we did miss him, claims that Cairney, Johnson or Judge are adequate replacements for that role are ludicrous in my opinion. Dunn is mid-table PL class, those 3 aren't.

But all in all we bossed most of the second half and would have had Rhodes clean through 1-on-1 but for the diabolical ref, who gave more than a few dubious decisions Burnley's way. Rhodes worked tirelessly for the bit of luck he got and Williamson epitomised the idea of team-play. And the most important thing, 34 years :D

Well today heralded their superiority over us and they are getting promoted.

At least that's what they are consoling themselves with.

just catching up on the posts, some good points but I think the telling stat today was (Bowyer commented on it too)

that the average age of the team was just 22 years, if I was a dingle I would be very worried that the chance had passed as this team will only get better with time and a few experienced heads to come back from injury.

Brilliant those dingle types. I foul inside the centre circle should be a penalty?!

How about a referee who stops a team in full flow - with their top striker bearing down on goal with only the keeper to beat - to give them a freekick in a less advantageous position. That's worse than a professional foul.

Certainly didn't play as well as we have done the past two games today. We just haven't found the right formula away from home yet. We defended much better today than our last away game against Doncaster though. Good character to come from a goal down with just 12 mins left when they scored. Tbh, I did not see us scoring after that but we did.

We didn't attack that we'll, too many long balls. Think it was a mistake playing cairney up top as he links the play so well by picking the ball up deep. The ball didn't stick up front either without Dunn up there. We do have to remember though that we were missing 4 key attacking players today: DJ, Dunn, rochina and best. Unfortunately, I don't think best will play for us again which is a shame as he's a useful player to have.

Key reasons why we didn't attack as fluently: cairney didn't play in CM and we didn't have Dunn or Rochina linking the play.

Brilliant those dingle types. I foul inside the centre circle should be a penalty?!

How about a referee who stops a team in full flow - with their top striker bearing down on goal with only the keeper to beat - to give them a freekick in a less advantageous position. That's worse than a professional foul.

But Dingles don't live by the rules. Which explains why they can always taste their dad on their sister.

I think Williamson had made the decision that Ings was going down and did enough to take him down. Had he tried harder to stay on his feet I got the impression Williamson would have done more to take him down.

Considering nothing came of it its a pretty good contribution for 1 minute on the pitch.

Yep i think the LT should award a 10/10. He is closing in on a knighthood.And gives him an extra week to fully complete his rehab. Think he deserves his own song now.....any thoughts?

Was our average age 22?

Good character building for the young lads.

Yes missing the 2 key players to link midfied to Rhodes (Dunn and Rochina) so its not going to be perfect but plenty to be positive about. You've got to trust bowyer to make the right calls.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the semi-clad inbred who ran over to goad the Rovers contingent immediately after they had opened the scoring. He must have 'greased-up' before his hilarious escapade because those stewards couldn't seem to be able to keep hold of him. I'd like to think he was contemplating that the stunt had been worth the inevitable life-time ban ... just as Rhodes was 'dinking' the keeper. :)

Surprised nobody has mentioned the semi-clad inbred who ran over to goad the Rovers contingent immediately after they had opened the scoring. He must have 'greased-up' before his hilarious escapade because those stewards couldn't seem to be able to keep hold of him. I'd like to think he was contemplating that the stunt had been worth the inevitable life-time ban ... just as Rhodes was 'dinking' the keeper. :)

Abbey did mention it on Facebook, but I can't repeat what he said, LoL

Was our average age 22?

Good character building for the young lads.

Yes missing the 2 key players to link midfied to Rhodes (Dunn and Rochina) so its not going to be perfect but plenty to be positive about. You've got to trust bowyer to make the right calls.

yes 22, that's what Bowyer was saying,

the dingles will be crapping it at Ewood in March

Yes, he wasn't closed down, it was a good ping, but I have to blame our keeper. Poor.

Leave off. Kean was in perfect position but the ball went into the corner, Similar to people blaming the midfielders for failing to close Stanislas down.

Why can't anyone accept it was a fantastic strike by the player ?

Unfortunately I have noticed a significant gap between the defence and midfield too. Most goals against us this season are coming from men with acres of space just outside our box being allowed a free shot. Today I think it was Cairney who failed to get 'goal side' of his opponent and allowed Stanislas a free shot for their goal. Players 'switching off' to ball watch is costing us dear.

Not only that but how gormless was Williamson and how much had he 'switched off'? Two yards in front and whilst obviously lacking for pace he only needed to step across in front of him and block him off and it was job done but instead he chose to leave space for a free run at the ball. Dragging him back was a good bit of work though.

As for Marshall and Taylor the less said the better and whilst Dunne and Rochina are out Judge should be in that team all day long .

Which game were you watching ? The Burnley player had a free run on goal because Kane made a complete hash of it. Williamson was in no way to blame at all.

Leave off. Kean was in perfect position but the ball went into the corner, Similar to people blaming the midfielders for failing to close Stanislas down.

Why can't anyone accept it was a fantastic strike by the player ?

Which game were you watching ? The Burnley player had a free run on goal because Kane made a complete hash of it. Williamson was in no way to blame at all.

A hell of a shot !

Bowyer has assembled a useful squad of youthful players who should improve and serve us well for the next 2 - 3 years but on today's performance by gum we're a very green young side and I'd be amazed if we finish higher than half way.

Bowyer has assembled a useful squad of youthful players who should improve and serve us well for the next 2 - 3 years but on today's performance by gum we're a very green young side and I'd be amazed if we finish higher than half way.

By heck, I'll assume Mercer's mantle, I'll give you 3-1 Jim that Rovers finish this season in tenth place or above.

That gives you a slight margin for error in your favour based on that statement.

We're going up!!

Come on Abbey give us a post

Just this once ...

I can't believe even burnley can balls a streaker up .. Dirty cruddy skid marked primark boxers and he left them on and when mooned us there were clinkers ..

A massive police operation and they still left chavvy scrotes wielding bricks or similar and then let them brick the coaches !! Police my arse

Archived