BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v some other team: 14th September 2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's as much wrong with the side as many are saying tbh. I'd like to see Williamson in central midfield in place of Lowe.

That apart we had the same problem today as we've had for 2 seasons, we let Rhodes get too isolated. We look best with Rochina or Dunn linking play but in the absence of those two perhaps we need to try and get Rhodes and Best or Campbell dovetailing together in a 442.

Reviews of Cairney were very mixed before he came but I've been very impressed with him Hope we can add him permanently.

I dont care if the nearest man had been Rhodes himself! Whether it was Cairney or whoever a free Burnley player had a clear shot on goal from right under their nose. Two paces back earlier and the chance wouldn't have materialised. It's bloody basic stuff LD.

Wrong.

His job is to cut out the supply, if he drops with the runner the player with the ball moves forward in the space inviting more pressure.

The basic area that you're missing is that neither of our two central defensive midfielders were anywhere near to closing the shot down. 25 yards out as well. No fault of Cairney's there for me.

I dont care if the nearest man had been Rhodes himself! Whether it was Cairney or whoever a free Burnley player had a clear shot on goal from right under their nose. Two paces back earlier and the chance wouldn't have materialised. It's bloody basic stuff LD.

We've been conceding goals with free shots from outside the penalty area for too long.

Positives,

defended decently,

didnt really give Dingles many chances.

Cairney had some nice touches.

We didnt get beat.

Negatives,

played like a team of strangers at times,

Marshall was invisible.

Defended too deep, conceding too much ground to Burnley.

Didnt try and swap King with Marshall, Kings pace vs a booked Mee would have been interesting..

Created nothing whatsoever going forward, scored a very flukey goal.

Referee was awful, including pulling back play when Rhodes was clear (and onside), to book the centre half he should have booked 30 seconds earlier when he also pulled back play when King was breaking down the wing.

Thats 3 fortunate results in a row against that lot, we cant keep doing that.

Burnley had a solid side - let's not forget they would have gone top if they had beaten us. They also had some experienced players against our youngsters - which was always going to be a factor in an occasion like today.

Because of this I think we looked a bit bullied at times and I would say Burnley bossed it for most of the game, but the players kept at it and salvaged a point. When we did put some play together we showed quality.

Those criticising Marshall should remember it is his second game in a Rovers shirt having not played before that this season. Being judged after 2 games! - with supporters like that who needs opposing fans. It's a good job Ronaldo went to United instead of us because he was rubbish in his first year.

I look forward to DJ and later Rochina coming back to support Rhodes. If we can get a big, physical forward in on loan who is good in the air to support him up front and do some of the donkey-work that would be great - free him up to tuck away the scraps. I jokingly thought we should try and get our young lad back from Bury and offer them Best on loan in exchange ;)

Referee was awful, including pulling back play when Rhodes was clear (and onside), to book the centre half he should have booked 30 seconds earlier when he also pulled back play when King was breaking down the wing.

The referee shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football stadium.

By the way, they should rename Clarets Mad, Clarets Batshit-Crazy. Mad understates how some of them are going on. Apparently they played like Barcelona and woulda, shoulda this and that. Well if the referee had played advantage like he should, perhaps we'd have been a goal up.

• Backroom

The referee shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football stadium.

By the way, they should rename Clarets Mad, Clarets Batshit-Crazy. Mad understates how some of them are going on. Apparently they played like Barcelona and woulda, shoulda this and that. Well if the referee had played advantage like he should, perhaps we'd have been a goal up.

Awww. You almost feel sorry for them. They've had so little to cheer about in so long, then a brief glimpse of optimism crushed when their self-proclaimed messiah jumped ship at the sight of the first half-decent opportunity away from Burnley. Now their existence is driven by the desire to defeat us, and every time they think they've finally done it... disaster strikes. The unrelenting depression of being a Burnley fan. Sure, being a Rovers fan isn't great right now either... but at least we have some good memories and a 34, soon to be 35 year undefeated streak to console ourselves with B)

We shouldn't be too critical of Rovers, Burnley or not we were up against 3rd in the table away from home. Those with a level head able to distance themselves from the internet message board world of extremes would have viewed or 2 recent home games as a step in the right direction but by no means proof regarding Bowyer or the team, and would regard this result as a sub-standard performance but a battling point. I said we'd miss Dunn and we did miss him, claims that Cairney, Johnson or Judge are adequate replacements for that role are ludicrous in my opinion. Dunn is mid-table PL class, those 3 aren't.

But all in all we bossed most of the second half and would have had Rhodes clean through 1-on-1 but for the diabolical ref, who gave more than a few dubious decisions Burnley's way. Rhodes worked tirelessly for the bit of luck he got and Williamson epitomised the idea of team-play. And the most important thing, 34 years :D

Awww. You almost feel sorry for them. They've had so little to cheer about in so long, then a brief glimpse of optimism crushed when their self-proclaimed messiah jumped ship at the sight of the first half-decent opportunity away from Burnley. Now their existence is driven by the desire to defeat us, and every time they think they've finally done it... disaster strikes. The unrelenting depression of being a Burnley fan. Sure, being a Rovers fan isn't great right now either... but at least we have some good memories and a 34, soon to be 35 year undefeated streak to console ourselves with B)

Well today heralded their superiority over us and they are getting promoted.

At least that's what they are consoling themselves with.

Radio Lancs seemed a bit gutted by the way :-)

Loved the comment that Dyche is as a manager as he was as a player.

Ye, shytte http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Dyche#Playing_career

Not surprised, Radio Lancs is Dingle HQ, They spent the whole game against Doncaster calling us "Blackburn". Bitter little scrotes still sore about Radio Rovers taking their listeners.

Archived