BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England Decline Must End

neekoy

• Moderation Lead

The word used was Negirtio, if you have ever travelled to South America, you will know that it is a friendly term. It was misinterpreted by the FA so they fined him. Now coincidentally, Hodgson has called a black player a monkey in a non-racial way, yet he is deemed innocent.

Will people give over saying I'm trolling. It's getting tedious. I have given reasoning behind every argument I put forward. If you don't like it then you know where the ignore button is. Feel free.

Your argument falls on its sword with the bit in bold somewhat no? Hopefully ignorance will be bliss, just hope people don't keep quoting you and giving you credence because you do my head in.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like a manager who can say - " Every time you get the ball give it to bloody Townsend ". Instead of taking a age telling jokes. No wonder half time intervals are getting longer.

Man management is obviously not your strong point I see.

btw somebody would surely have latched on to that and have said he only used the term 'bloody Townsend' cos he was a coloured player.

The word used was Negirtio, if you have ever travelled to South America, you will know that it is a friendly term. It was misinterpreted by the FA so they fined him. Now coincidentally, Hodgson has called a black player a monkey in a non-racial way, yet he is deemed innocent.

No, the word was negrito actually, and Suarez had no need to address Evra by race.

It's not comparable to the Hodgson situation in the slightest. Stop being a fool.

Hodgson knew exactly what he was saying. Take the term out the 1960's era (or whenever it was) and dropping it in 2013 where calling a black person a monkey, is deemed racist.

Except that's not what he was doing, and I suspect you know he wasn't but just enjoying being the centre of attention again.

Like I mentioned earlier, the term Negirito is used as a friendly term in South America. He has used that term with Glen Johnson and other black Liverpool players and they took no offence, however Evra did

It isn't though. It means small black person and depending whereabouts in South America you are from it is either an extremely casual greeting (like black people calling each other "ma nigga", etc. here and in America), which is very likely to cause offense 9 times out of 10, or it is a highly offensive term. Put it this way, go to Brazil when the world cup is on and call as many people this as you can and count how many teeth you have left at the end of the day. I'll bet it isn't many..

How do you know he has called Glen Johnson, etc. this and they took no offense? I personally never saw any word of it being part of the normal conversation at Liverpool. I'm sure some of his teammates would have tweeted about how it is normal and he does it all the time, what's the big deal. You know how these footballers love to tweet.

Poor Townsend probably was offended but doesn't want to jeopardise his World Cup spot and international career.
The FA will not come out and say we have employed a racist. Kick It Out won't come out and say that Hodgson is a racist because I can guarantee that funding for ther campaign will be reduced if they did. Townsend won't come out and say he was offended because he'll be dropped from the team like Rio was

So basically, you are getting offended on everyone else's behalf..? Think that definitely says more about your views of the world than anything else.

So in your opinion, by applying the same logic, Luis Suarez is not a racist?

Nope. He used a term which some in this country but few in Uruguay deem to be racist. That does not make him a racist per sae.

Rem the bloke he bit was a white caucasian Russian.

Funny things is, Aragones can come out with proper offensive stuff and get away with it, yet an innocuous comment has our crybaby nation up in arms.

Just as an aside I watched Tarantino's latest offering "Django Unchained" recently. I can't even begin to guess how many times the word nigger was used and frequently with insulting adjectives and adverbs attached. Although I doubt it would even have got made here it does seem very popular at the box office though. Maybe there aren't as many crybabies here as are claimed in some circles.

The coward who ran crying to a newspaper rather than saying something to Roy needs to have a look at himself. I'm sure many of his team mates will be having a word with him. It says much about the player that his first thought was to run to a newspaper rather than bring it up with the manager after the match.

More importantly the Editor who published it and the owners who allow it.

I see that clown Peter Herbert has waded in to the debate, demanding a full investigation instead of the FA 'sweeping it under the carpet'.

Him and Roberts should be forced to apologise for bringing the game into disrepute. Their comments and meddling are more damaging than Hodgson's team talk referring to an age old joke with zero racial connotation!

keaners

Peter Herbert's opinion carries as much weight to me as that of an average woodlouse.

Hodgson deserves a touchline ban for referring to a black player as a monkey. End of.

You are making so much fuss and capital out of this that I'm rather surprised that you aren't advocating him to be publically tied across the end of a cannon prior to it being fired.

I couldn't give a monkey's whether the term was used in a racial manner or not. What irks me is the fact that Suarez was deemed a racist for using a word in his native language which is not racist, similarly to Hodgson. However why is Suarez a racist and Hodgson the innocent one? It's double standards.

So your argument is not of that criticising Hodgson, rather defending Suarez.

Therefore in your opinion both parties are innocent and neither should be punished, rendering your touchline ban for Hodgson an unfair punishment?

The word used was Negirtio, if you have ever travelled to South America, you will know that it is a friendly term.

It was misinterpreted by the FA so they fined him. Now coincidentally, Hodgson has called a black player a monkey in a non-racial way, yet he is deemed innocent.

Will people give over saying I'm trolling. It's getting tedious. I have given reasoning behind every argument I put forward. If you don't like it then you know where the ignore button is. Feel free.

It can be both friendly and unfriendly - If you believe the independent that is.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/simeon-tegel-is-the-term-negrito-racist-sadly-for-the-fa-yes-and-no-6277646.html

Given the fact that Suarez was saying it to a rival Man Utd player I doubt he was using the term endearingly.

So your argument is not of that criticising Hodgson, rather defending Suarez.

Therefore in your opinion both parties are innocent and neither should be punished, rendering your touchline ban for Hodgson an unfair punishment?

Correct to an extent. I believe both parties are innocent however, if the FA have punished one, then they MUST punish the other. Therefore, Hodgson should get a hefty fine, classed as a racist by every member of the public, boo'd at every game and given an 8 match touchline ban. I believe in consistency.

Correct to an extent. I believe both parties are innocent however, if the FA have punished one, then they MUST punish the other. Therefore, Hodgson should get a hefty fine, classed as a racist by every member of the public, boo'd at every game and given an 8 match touchline ban. I believe in consistency.

That is ludicrous. So because you believe one person was harshly punished, from now on rather than review any future incidents individually, we should instantly punish every person accused of racism within football. What a strange thought process.

That is ludicrous. So because you believe one person was harshly punished, from now on rather than review any future incidents individually, we should instantly punish every person accused of racism within football. What a strange thought process.

If they want the process to change, I expect a full on apology from the FA to Luis Suarez for giving him an 8 match ban. Then maybe, we can talk about changing the rules. You can't have one set of rules for an Englishman and another for a foreigner, which seems to be the norm for the FA.

We have found a Racist, might we burn him?
How do you know he is a Racist?

He looks like one.
I'm not a Racist. I'm not a Racist.
But you look like one.
They dressed me up like this.
No, we didn't... no.
And it isn't my joke, it's an old one.
Well?
Well, we did overreact to the joke.
The joke?
And the offense -- but he is a racist!
Burn him! Racist! Racist! Burn him!
Did you dress it up like this?
No, no... no ... yes. Yes, yes, a bit, a bit.
He is old.
What makes you think he is a Racist?
Well, he made a joke about a monkey
A monkey..?
I got over it...

Burn him anyway….

If they want the process to change, I expect a full on apology from the FA to Luis Suarez for giving him an 8 match ban. Then maybe, we can talk about changing the rules. You can't have one set of rules for an Englishman and another for a foreigner, which seems to be the norm for the FA.

Not that it is the same situation -Please revert to the independent article attached above.

I can completely understand why Suarez was banned as the term 'Negrito' can indeed be offensive and belittling. As explained, I highly doubt Suarez was using the word as a term of affection towards his opposition United player.

The fact that we are comparing the two situations is unfathomable. One is a racist term directed aggressively at at player - the other is a joke regarding a monkey which was used to encourage another black player to pass to said victim.

The fact that this will rage on for weeks shows what a bunch of @#/? our media really are.

The FA do what they want, no consistency so don't expect them to reverse the Suarez decision even though in this instance that and the space monkey "scandal " are not the same issue.

The FA exist to protect themselves and look after their own as we well know, $$$ is king, take the Rob Heys example http://www.robheys.co.uk/ no punishment for FA committee members doing the same thing , no betting allowed by officials of clubs and yet betting slips on tables at FA events where club officials are present?

First off in regards to this locker-room debacle, I believe when the football is in full-swing this weekend, it will be pushed way to the background. That's the good news, it came during internationals week, low-point for other football news, club, etc. Could be wishful thinking though.

So is this how this incident unfolded?? One England International hears this at halftime and eventually relays it to the press (journalist: Oliver Holt?). It might be possible to imagine someone hearing this joke and thinking the worse. Doesn't make it better, shouldn't go to the Red Top. It's such a long joke, it must have been on recording. Sad, may be just one of those unfortunate misunderstandings that happen though this should not have seen the light of day. Really grits the nerves, really does, very aggravating.

there's always some spanked arse ready to get offended over nothing and seize even the flimsiest excuse to push their own agenda.

it's pathetic, and piara power needs to have a look at himself.

what an anodyne world we'll be living in if these prats get their way. what their dim minds fail to grasp is that they do their cause more harm than good.

there's always some spanked arse ready to get offended over nothing and seize even the flimsiest excuse to push their own agenda.

it's pathetic, and piara power needs to have a look at himself.

what an anodyne world we'll be living in if these prats get their way. what their dim minds fail to grasp is that they do their cause more harm than good.

He really does need to look at himself after calling a Sikh guy a coconut on Twitter: (I didn't realise this was old news...damn that google thingy)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098325/Boss-footballs-anti-racism-group-branded-racist-calling-Asian-fan-coconut.html

Stan Collymore, pretty much made the same point as your last sentence on Twitter yesterday, whilst I think Collymore is a tool, the point is very valid.

You shouldn't hold your breath on that one cock.

Archived