SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England Decline Must End

neekoy

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me or him? Hard to tell these days.

Actually having thought about it, it was just that phrase "a monkeys toss" - whatever that means. So no harm done. However if you were thinking of masturbating a monkey don't. As much as they like it, apparently, you can end up in all sorts of bother. Just google "NASA monkey @#/?".

Then again it's probably a "monkeys uncle".

Frankly, I'm beyond caring.

I know there will be Mandy Rice type accusations of "well he would say that wouldn't he", but old Fergy has echoed my views on Gerrard and Lampard to a tee. Good players but not great players as the press and media know nowts would have us believe in their 'say it often enough and people will believe you' tactic. Top saturday afternoon clubmen certainly but top international talent no way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/Sir_Alex_Ferguson/10396058/Alex-Ferguson-I-tried-to-bring-Steven-Gerrard-to-Manchester-United-but-hes-not-a-top-top-player.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully a p!iss poor performance by England B last night will have given Woy enough stock to finally get rid of Lampard and Milner.

I think we can also say no World Cup for Lallana and Rodriguez. If Carroll gets fit and has a decent 2014 Lambert is gone too. However, it was a friendly and they did get a chance to play.

Baines showed why Cashley Cole will play too; he offers much more defensive solidity.

There were also some interesting results in the playoff qualifiers.

Mexico and Uruguay are almost there. They both scored 5 against mediocre opposition.

France have to score 3 at home against Ukraine. Not an easy task.

Greece won 3-1 against Romania. I can't see Romania coming back.

Iceland drew 0-0 at home with Croatia so I reckon it's curtains for them after the away leg.

Ronaldo's late goal hurt Sweden (he got in front of ex-Rover Olsson to head it in). They have to attack and score 2 at home. Maybe Zlatan will turn up.

Could never understand the calls for Baines to play ahead of Cole.

Because he can take a good free kick. Also Cole was/is public enemy number 1 in the eyes of many for his autobiography comments, and his failed relationship with his media darling ex Cheryl.

Despite all that he has been one of England's only world class players over the last 10 years. His performances at Euro 2004 were exceptional, especially with no one playing in front of him to help out.

Iceland were 10 men down after the red card at the 50th minute. Perhaps they will seek for another draw and take it to penalties though yes, 70% chance or better Croatia wins it in normal time.

Ronaldo scored 82nd minute, if I were Sweden I'd feel good about Tuesday's match. And I'd still say Sweden takes the playoff.

France is really up against it, they were poor in 2010, almost finished last of all the teams.

Though, in their last 2 matches at home, they scored 6-0 over Australia, 3-0 over Finland. So, their hope should be to score something like this at home. I expect Ukraine to be able to hold them at least to 2 goals and then, I'd guess we would see penalties.

Because he can take a good free kick. Also Cole was/is public enemy number 1 in the eyes of many for his autobiography comments, and his failed relationship with his media darling ex Cheryl.

Despite all that he has been one of England's only world class players over the last 10 years. His performances at Euro 2004 were exceptional, especially with no one playing in front of him to help out.

Was that when he said he almost crashed his car when they heard Arsenal were only willing to pay him 50 grand a week or something like that?

As a neutral who only really watches England in tournaments, I'd say he's comfortably been your best player over the past 10 years. The Germany game in 2010 being the only one from memory where he played badly in. It's no coincidence that Cristiano Ronaldo did nothing in the 2004 and 2006 games against Portugal.

Regarding England v Chile............. We all know that the Chileans have a better technique than we do. EVERYBODY has a better technique than us apart from others within the British Isles.

But, there is no excuse for a certain aspect of England's play. The squad is well below fitness. The Chileans covered every blade of grass whilst our lot sort of watched on. In the first half only Rooney was pressurising their defence with no help from his colleagues.

In the second half, even he gave up.

Now, Chile put pressure on our defence every time we got the ball.

If Roy disagrees with me about their fitness then that leaves only one alternative........They are LAZY.

Mr Hodgson, get to grips with fitness and/or laziness!!!!

England beaten 1-0 by Germany's B-team. First back-to-back defeats at Wembley since 1977.

These games just expose the PL for the hollow sham that it is. Suarez makes Sturridge look 10x better than he actually is.

Oh, and Joe Hart's still an accident waiting to happen.

Never mind England and other pointless friendliest, what about that incredible WC playoff in Sweden tonight when Ronaldo with 3 goals went head to head with Ibrhaimovic with 2?

I love Tydlesley's "pun" tonight: "Now we just need to find Ibrahimovic's English grandmother..."

Why, is she better than Sturridge?

• Backroom

Never mind England and other pointless friendliest, what about that incredible WC playoff in Sweden tonight when Ronaldo with 3 goals went head to head with Ibrhaimovic with 2?

I'm pretty happy with how both the big qualifier results went. France & Portugal > Sweden & Ukraine.

Portugal and Sweden are both almost entirely one man teams though. If Ronaldo gets injured Portugal might as well pack up and go home.

It's a shame that Sweden won't be going to the World Cup. Martin Olsson, Zlatan, the girls...always considered them a tournament side.

Ronaldo is some player though. 47th goal in 109 caps and apparently his 31st in the last 19 games.

France win 3-0 and are through as well.

Portugal, France, Croatia, Greece, Algeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ecuador, Honduras, Chile, Colombia, USA, Costa Rica, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Iran, Brazil, Argentina, Holland, England, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland, Russia, Bosnia, Spain and most likely Mexico and Uruguay will be the teams at the World Cup.

Although that's 30 so there's 2 missing.

I'm pretty happy with how both the big qualifier results went. France & Portugal > Sweden & Ukraine.

Portugal and Sweden are both almost entirely one man teams though. If Ronaldo gets injured Portugal might as well pack up and go home.

Like you I'm happy with tonight's WC results. This could be a great tournament with loads of crazy S. American fans piling into Brazil. The Olympics pales into insignificance to football compared to the world wide passion that a WC brings.

Archived