BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Ewoodite

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will the LT do a feature on the venkys London ltd loss?

More than likely because it isn't news is it?

The LT (not been LET) for a few years has been abysmal and getting worse. It's no longer journalism, they just reprint story's from the previous day's dailys and scoure websites such as this. The reporting on Rovers is truly atrocious for a local newspaper. No wonder Cryer left ! I used to buy it daily, now I don't even bother to look online.

Any chance of an explanation in our local paper as to what all this finance stuff means? The figures were out early yesterday and nothing explaining in paper today. I'd much prefer some analysis than seeing interview with bowyer and others, that we've already seen, used.

Any chance of an explanation in our local paper as to what all this finance stuff means? The figures were out early yesterday and nothing explaining in paper today. I'd much prefer some analysis than seeing interview with bowyer and others, that we've already seen, used.

I'm sure that the LT will have a Football financial expert in the coming days but you need to be patience. FFS. last year the LT used Tom Cannon a professor from Liverpool University who is very experience in Football Finances.

Plus can I just say that LT isn't just for only Blackburn Rovers. they are other things to report from the East Lancashire area than Football.

I enjoy reading the paper everyday. don't buy a national newspaper tho.

Anyone like a bet on tomorrows back page? I'm going for leon best back after apology - even though it will be about 24 hours late.

To be fair, the news story broke today, so they can only write about it tomorrow.

LET has been very poor over the past few years. Cryer has been nothing short of a @#/? since he's left causing a stir on twitter constantly.

Cryer's best moment was when Raheem Hanley tweeted about DJ Campbell giving him a hard time in training...5 minutes later Cryer tweets "I can 100% confirm DJ Campbell is training with Rovers".

Where is the finance man then? Today a story telling us we need a target man and another creative midfielder. We all know about a target man and another midfielder is just ridiculous! It doesn't take the long to explain what the finances mean

Finance = Balaji Rao.

Good god Stuart by putting that picture up will be forever etched in my mind and I just managed to get the clown Singh out of my thoughts esp after we have managed to get rid off a lot of his cast off's.

The ghost of winters crap.

Haven't seen it today but, like I said yesterday, I expected Best to be the lead story. A story that was on Blackburn's website, radio Lancs, BBC, Sky Sports and other websites like team talk and goal. Does that mean I could be the next writer there?

Ill guess tomorrow's - Bowyer 'we can bounce back'

It won't be a weekly, because believe it or not, loads of rovers fans don't read BRFCs, use twitter or check BBC Sport / Sky Sports twice a day. There's thousands of Rovers fans that only have LET as their Rovers outlet. That's why the protests only ever had a thousand + a few on them. Rovers fans had no idea about what Kean was up to.

Haven't seen it today but, like I said yesterday, I expected Best to be the lead story. A story that was on Blackburn's website, radio Lancs, BBC, Sky Sports and other websites like team talk and goal. Does that mean I could be the next writer there?

Ill guess tomorrow's - Bowyer 'we can bounce back'

A lot of Rovers fans don't use look on the internet every day to found out the latest news.

like my dad and mum only find out the latest news from the Lancashire Telegraph or if I show him something from official website of my phone or text him about a signing but he wouldn't go on the internet to find out the latest news or any transfer rumours or even watch Sky Sports News.

they not totally obsess with everything Blackburn Rovers nowadays with having other interest and enjoy a lot more holidays but still come to about 3 or 4 home games and couple away games season tho.

I enjoyed reading the LT to find out the latest local news, etc but the paper isn't solely for Blackburn Rovers news stories they are other things to read about in the East Lancashire area. think some fans on here NEED to learn this BIG TIME.

Having not lived in the Telegraph area for 15 years I am always surprised when I pick one up at how thin it is. How little actual news there is in it and how darn expensive it is for basically sod all. Even the website is shocking

LEP is just as bad

Anyone remember going to pick up The Sports Pink at 5.45 PM every Saturday?

It was a great and informative read and a must until mid eighties for all avid East Lancs football fans. It makes me wonder how they managed to submit to print all Saturday Afternoons match reports and results and have the papers in the newsagents an hour and a half after the full time whistle.

Lancs Telegraph can't even manage to report news previously reported in other media three days prior these days, it's gone down the pan and I can't see it surviving unless they wise up, which is sad really.

I remember the Sunday Pink...

Ever since Williams left, the briefings went downhill.

Ever since the club failed to sack Kean - at the point where it got beyond a joke - their balls shrivelled up.

Ever since Cryer left, they stopped even asking questions.

Ever since Agnew left, the journos didn't have anything to print.

They are just going through the motions. May as well revert to The Citizen and Click Lancashire for what 'news' they provide.

Sad.

Anyone remember going to pick up The Sports Pink at 5.45 PM every Saturday?

It was a great and informative read and a must until mid eighties for all avid East Lancs football fans. It makes me wonder how they managed to submit to print all Saturday Afternoons match reports and results and have the papers in the newsagents an hour and a half after the full time whistle.

Lancs Telegraph can't even manage to report news previously reported in other media three days prior these days, it's gone down the pan and I can't see it surviving unless they wise up, which is sad really.

used to get it on the boulevard, there was a guy selling them straight of the presses, they had Alf Thornton in those days

I remember the Sunday Pink...

Ever since Williams left, the briefings went downhill.

Ever since the club failed to sack Kean - at the point where it got beyond a joke - their balls shrivelled up.

Ever since Cryer left, they stopped even asking questions.

Ever since Agnew left, the journos didn't have anything to print.

They are just going through the motions. May as well revert to The Citizen and Click Lancashire for what 'news' they provide.

Sad.

If you owned the business would you be upsetting one of your largest advertisers by printing/displaying negative news about them?....would you @#/?. Especially in these times when small businesses are cutting advertising budgets to survive. A paper is as successful as its circulation and sales floor, so no advertising revenues, no money for reporters(or decent ones)....catch 22 really...you can't have a go at the paper...

If you owned the business would you be upsetting one of your largest advertisers by printing/displaying negative news about them?....would you kean. Especially in these times when small businesses are cutting advertising budgets to survive. A paper is as successful as its circulation and sales floor, so no advertising revenues, no money for reporters(or decent ones)....catch 22 really...you can't have a go at the paper...

OMG! Well, we might as well pack up and go home then. If you can't ask critical questions, don't pretend you are a proper newspaper! Never mind the readership, feel the advertisement revenue...God Bless Alf Thornton !

However, I do sense a bit more umph from the latest reporter.Ever hopeful...

Having not lived in the Telegraph area for 15 years I am always surprised when I pick one up at how thin it is. How little actual news there is in it and how darn expensive it is for basically sod all. Even the website is shocking

LEP is just as bad

It's all bloody rubbish!

Archived