BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Ewoodite

Wheelock calls Kean much-maligned. Does he know what that means or is he having a go at the fans? The phrase suggests the criticism he got was unfair or untrue, evil and malicious. The phrase defends Kean - look it up in the dictionary.

"Rightly despised" would have been a better phrase.

Better still if the article were littered with phrases like.."meanwhile the liar visibly squirmed, when asked about Nelsen"..."said the clown" ."replied the mendacious p***ck". "Kean responded to the incredulous interviewer"...." as usual, Kean was in victim mode"...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheelock calls Kean much-maligned. Does he know what that means or is he having a go at the fans? The phrase suggests the criticism he got was unfair or untrue, evil and malicious. The phrase defends Kean - look it up in the dictionary.

I would give Kamy the job, I bet he could do it better in his spare time( if he stayed off those bloody silly football mgr games). He could get

Preston blue to do the match reports - sorted !!!

Do you think they'll have an update about Shearer's future? These transfer rumours are a bit worrying.

And that turn of phrase suggests sympathy towards Kean.

Foods incredibly cheap in this country. Just a fact that some people ....

a. Do not prioritise.

b. Think food has to come in an expensive ready meal format and has to be bought in a supermarket.

You sound just like Edwina Currie, most decent people would take that as an insult, you probably won't.

Let them eat cake eh !

TORIES OUT !

I had emailed him over his maligned comment and told him he needed to get to at least cryers level and to Peter White is still the legend . He replied saying he regretted using the term and he aspires to get to Peter whites level and he refuted that he regurgitates two bob bit rehashed news .

If you don't like what the LT reports or writes then DONT READ IT!!! fairly simple FFS!!! NOBODY IS FORCING TO READ IT!

think its time you understand that the Lancashire Telegraph ISNT just a Rovers paper and does actually reported other things apart from Football.

football is just a game and nothing more. not life or death!!! think its time some people understood this

If you don't like what the LT reports or writes then DONT READ IT!!! fairly simple FFS!!! NOBODY IS FORCING TO READ IT!

think its time you understand that the Lancashire Telegraph ISNT just a Rovers paper and does actually reported other things apart from Football.

football is just a game and nothing more. not life or death!!! think its time some people understood this

If you don't like seeing posts from people that don't like the LT then don't read them.

If people don't like the publication then just let them be, what exactly is the big deal?

Here's his bosses Email:

alex.james@nqnw.co.uk

If you describe someone or something as much-maligned, you mean that they are often criticized by people, but you think the criticism is unfair or exaggerated because they have good qualities too.

Yep. I am sure it implies the criticism is unjustified or over the top. The author has a different view than the ones doing the maligning.

Spare a thought for me. My eldest son had only just stopped doing his all too convincing Steve Kean impression to talk absolute nonsense.Sunday's programme has started him off again. I think it is a kind of Tourette's!

Yep. I am sure it implies the criticism is unjustified or over the top. The author has a different view than the ones doing the maligning.

Spare a thought for me. My eldest son had only just stopped doing his all too convincing Steve Kean impression to talk absolute nonsense.Sunday's programme has started him off again. I think it is a kind of Tourette's!

Whilst the LT needs the club and tries to keep them sweet, it should also remember that the fans are their customers and should consider their thoughts as well.

I'd confiscate his PS3 and make him clean the toilet with his toothbrush, obviously after I drank a bottle of laxative. ;)

I think the Lancashire Telegraph does matter because it is one of a limited number way some fans can find out Rovers news from a fairly independent source. The importance of this unofficial view has been writ large over the last few seasons.

I don't really find it a good read. But I think this is because news from the club is being managed much more discreetly at the moment.

I sometimes read reports of games on news media websites which cover the opposition team. In my opinion, some are better laid out and more informative and interesting - Huddersfield's some aren't - Bournemouth's.

Foods incredibly cheap in this country. Just a fact that some people ....

a. Do not prioritise.

b. Think food has to come in an expensive ready meal format and has to be bought in a supermarket.

Ah, that old chestnut- "the undeserving poor". I too remember the good old days when Queen's Park Hospital was the workhouse!

Printing pointless stories when there is no real news happening is hardly anything new. What are they meant to do? Have a blank back page? Do a Nixon and invent a load of tripe?

Peter White had it easy as most people used to get their Rovers news first from the LET, even though it was often 24 - 36 hours after the news had 'broken'.

There was no other media apart from teletext that cared about reporting on a non-eventful northern club until the JW revolution.

Who remembers waiting for Elton Welsby and Kick Off on a Friday evening just to see a 10 second glimpse of the previous weeks goals.

I think the Lancashire Telegraph does matter because it is one of a limited number way some fans can find out Rovers news from a fairly independent source. The importance of this unofficial view has been writ large over the last few seasons.

This is the criticism though, Mark, that they are NOT seen as an independent source. Their "news" reads like a Rovers marketing release. There are still issues surrounding the club. Not least the small matter of the £27m debt and how sustainable we are as a club. No questions asked - they might lose the advertising revenue.

Peter White had it easy as most people used to get their Rovers news first from the LET, even though it was often 24 - 36 hours after the news had 'broken'.

In the Peter White era, other than match reports, the first time 99% of readers had heard the Rovers related stories was when it was in the LET. Totally different era than now.

This is the criticism though, Mark, that they are NOT seen as an independent source. Their "news" reads like a Rovers marketing release. There are still issues surrounding the club. Not least the small matter of the £27m debt and how sustainable we are as a club. No questions asked - they might lose the advertising revenue.

Yes, it's seems these days the LT need Rovers, more than Rovers need the LT.

The phrase ' over a barrel ' springs to mind.

Archived