BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steven NZonzi Traffic Incident

Silas

• Backroom

http://tinyurl.com/q4f5ap3 - Daily Mail Article.

Nzonzi in trouble after being "hunted" down on twitter after collision with bicycle.

Story says he refused to give insurance details and said "You won't trace me because my plates are foreign".

At first glance this strory makes Nzonzi out to be an arrogant, millionaire footballer who doesn't care about the little people.

But, I disagree. I have a lot of respect for Sir Chris Hoy and his achievements as a sportsman for GB, but I'm sorry, there is a hell of a lot of difference between "knocking a cyclist over" and the truth which is the cyclist ran into the back of him.

Talk about a witchhunt. I could be wrong, but I understood that when you are in a car and you go into the back of some-one it is pretty much always your fault (unless in exceptional circumstances), so why is it any different for a cyclist?

He should be watching the movement and the brakelights of the car in front and anticipating any moves, just as we have to as car drivers.

If anything, Nzonzi should have been getting the blokes details to sue him for any damage done to his expensive car.

Not saying it's right to drive off and not care if some-one is injured, just seems this story is very one-sided and twisted to me.

• Backroom

N'Zonzi is an idiot, we know that already.

:lol: Tbh I am no fan of Nzonzi's either. He has an over-inflated opinion of himself and seems to be inflicted with the same disease as his countryman Givet, i.e. sulkitis.

Doesn't change the fact that I think it's pathetic that there is some witchhunt on twitter involving sporting celebrities and for what? Cos some bloke had a bump into the back of a car, which more often than not, would be deemed as his fault in the eye's of the law. Crazy.

:lol: Tbh I am no fan of Nzonzi's either. He has an over-inflated opinion of himself and seems to be inflicted with the same disease as his countryman Givet, i.e. sulkitis.

Doesn't change the fact that I think it's pathetic that there is some witchhunt on twitter involving sporting celebrities and for what? Cos some bloke had a bump into the back of a car, which more often than not, would be deemed as his fault in the eye's of the law. Crazy.

The accident may not have been his fault but this is

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: ‘The driver failed to stop at the scene and we are making efforts to trace and speak to him.

‘Witnessed have also helped us and we are pursuing these leads. Any information we receive that may help will be acted upon.’

leaving the scene is an offence, if he did that in France he would likely be in a local nick now while the gendarmes sorted it out

Cyclists are a pain in thr arse anyway. Riding 26 abreast on country lanes in their dodgy pink lycra and odd plastic clip boots. They frankly look ridiculous ;)

now now Jeremy

leaving the scene is an offence, if he did that in France he would likely be in a local nick now while the gendarmes sorted it out

I aways thought that Gendarmes were fairly bad at detective work. N'zonzi would have been retired and back in France by the time they tracked him down :)

He should be watching the movement and the brakelights of the car in front and anticipating any moves, just as we have to as car drivers.

Nzonzi pulled over in front of the cyclist so he could stop on double yellows to use a cashpoint.

Frankly I'd favour Saudi-style justice in this case. Cut off one hand and one foot, so he'll never change gear again.

Nzonzi pulled over in front of the cyclist so he could stop on double yellows to use a cashpoint.

Frankly I'd favour Saudi-style justice in this case. Cut off one hand and one foot, so he'll never change gear again.

So the cyclist was doing what cyclists do then and undertaking on the wrong side.

How was he undertaking Nzonzi if he ran into the back of him? How was the cyclist expected to predict that Nzonzi was going to overtake him and then immediately stop on double yellow lines? Assuming that's what happened of course, as it is the Daily Mail.

It is always up to the one behind to anticipate what the traffic ahead is doing. If he ran into the back of him it was his own fault. There is no disputing that. Try it on with your insurance company.

It is always up to the one behind to anticipate what the traffic ahead is doing. If he ran into the back of him it was his own fault. There is no disputing that. Try it on with your insurance company.

Yup, there is no defence whatsover to running into the back of someone.

If the incident happened roughly as described then the only way Nzonzi could have been at fault is if he suddenly overtook the cyclist then swerved in towards the kerb causing the cyclist to collide with the passenger side of Nzonzi's vehicle.

Fail to see how Nzonzi can legitimately be accused of failing to stop either given there's footage of them both arguing at the roadside.

Cyclists are a pain in thr arse anyway. Riding 26 abreast on country lanes in their dodgy pink lycra and odd plastic clip boots. They frankly look ridiculous ;)

As an enthusiastic cyclist myself that is plainly not true but it is correct there are some cyclists who believe they have more right to be on the road than motorists. I followed two cyclists the other day riding side by side who were holding up traffic and were clearly a nuisance to other road users. A sharp blast on the horn as I went past let them know how I and other motorists felt.

I could easily make you run into the back of my car, it wouldn't take much doing. Next time I need to get some random crap repaired on the insurance, maybe I'll do that.

I could easily make you run into the back of my car, it wouldn't take much doing. Next time I need to get some random crap repaired on the insurance, maybe I'll do that.

If he was maintaining a safe speed and braking distance you couldn't actually unless you reversed back into him deliberately.

(Which I've had some cash for crash types attempt to do with me once)

As an enthusiastic cyclist myself that is plainly not true but it is correct there are some cyclists who believe they have more right to be on the road than motorists. I followed two cyclists the other day riding side by side who were holding up traffic and were clearly a nuisance to other road users. A sharp blast on the horn as I went past let them know how I and other motorists felt.

Cyclists are allowed to ride two abreast although the law is fairly vague about it.

If he was maintaining a safe speed and braking distance you couldn't actually unless you reversed back into him deliberately.

(Which I've had some cash for crash types attempt to do with me once)

Who actually maintains a safe distance? I do, but that means morons frequently jump in the gap I deliberately maintain between me and the other car. If they slammed their brakes on after doing that, I might crash. If I slammed my brakes on, the retard driving close enough to read what radio station I'm listening to would go straight into the back of me too.

I hate car drivers. Anyway. Steven Nzonzi - what a douche.

Archived