BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2013/2014 (and Europa league!)

Barcelona handed a transfer embargo for all of next season after poaching youngsters:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/barcelona/10739015/Barcelona-handed-one-year-transfer-ban-for-breaking-rules-over-international-transfer-of-under-18s.html

Nice to see FIFA taking a firm line on this sort of thing and perhaps this will put conspiracy theories about Barca getting favourable treatment to bed.

Wouldn't be surprised if an appeal cuts the ban out though...

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see Fifa clamping down on one of the game's biggest clubs.

Now how about Arsenal, ManU, Man City Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom have poached young players from other clubs for years?

It might make the Premier League more competitve and worth watching.

Now how about Arsenal, ManU, Man City Chelsea and Liverpool, all of whom have poached young players from other clubs for years?

I think they are allowed to do it now, aren't they? If they have category 1 academy status they can steal from everyone else.

Cheslea 1-1 at half time away at PSG. Mourinho is playing with no recognised striker. No Ba, Torres, or Eto'o. Schurrle and Hazard are taking turns to run around up front.

Guest Norbert

I doubt Real Madrid would be punished, though they don't really have a youth system like Barca. I don't like how the big clubs constantly poach 14 year olds from clubs at our level or below, and then not give them a chance if they are not instantly looking like the next Toure or Messi.

Yea I'm sure Franco's influence stretches over modern day UEFA as well.

I think it's to do with certain countries' youngsters, so clubs in this country won't be in trouble for poaching other English clubs' youngsters.

I know from Football Manager (I know) that in certain countries like Brazil, you can't sign youngsters until they've reached a certain age and I think that's the problem here. It might say that in the article above to be fair, I just haven't read it yet.

Guest Norbert

Real Madrid get away with everything because they are Real Madrid. Massive debts? Get a bung from local or national government, or a vastly inflated fee for the training facilities. Barca are backed up by the Catalan government if things go wrong financially too. All G 14 clubs are scum who I would not shed a tear for if they folded.

Chelsea already had a ban for exactly the same thing but it was quickly overturned. There's no way Barca or any of those other rich scumbag clubs will ever face sanctions.

The regulations and rules around this are just stupid. What it says is, that if you live in an EU country, then clubs can sign you as a minor. However, if you are from Africa or any other country outside the Eu then you are in trouble. Imo it's the same thing, but the rules don't seem to apply in the same way. One of the strange things is, that Madrid signed 14 year old Coreia, but because Barca are doing it on a large scale its unacceptable. Every club signs young kids into their clubs. There is more to this than meets the eye.

When you as a kid gets to train at La Masia, get your schooling, food etc etc then it is some honour to get that chance. When those kids make the grade, they get a contract, earn a good salary and from there they can in turn teach other kids. If anybody doesn't see this, and merely believe it's some sort of exploitation or something, then I'm afraid it's time to continue to see huge money being wasted. The development of young players should be implemented at all clubs, and the way things are done at La Masia should be a good example to all.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Chelsea made it to the semi final. A late goal by Ba saw them though against a Zlatan less PSG. I thought that they deserved it.

Real Madrid got beat 2-0 in Dortmund without Ronaldo but made it through 3-2 on aggregate.

I'm looking forward to the Man U game.

Barcelona should beat Atletico.

Guest Norbert

I hope Man Utd get stuffed tonight, and Toni Kroos doesn't move there. It would be a shame to see such talent wasted by Moyes.

Hopefully Atletico go through. Would love to see them win the whole thing, and the league as well.

Wouldn't actually mind Utd going through, think it would be pretty amusing to see them beat Bayern. Maybe they'd even keep Moyes for next season if they saw him beat Bayern.

I doubt I'll be wanting them to win whilst watching it though.

Great result for Atletico. Hope they win the league too.

Poor Moyes.

I'm happy that Barcelona are out.

Moyes has got himself another season at least after that. Good for those like me who enjoy laughing at their fall from grace. When will we see Man U in the Champs leauge again?

I don't understand the adulation that robben gets, hes a one trick pony and a diving basket, never in the class of Ronaldo, messi etc, I personally think Bayern are nothing special either, a top team of real technical quality would have beaten them tonight

Torres came to the Premier League from Atletico.

I don't know what it is about those Spanish clubs that most years, Villareal, Atletico, Athletic Club, etc. usually it seems let the big 2 rule while the other clubs, I don't want to say feeder clubs but they do often sell their best players and let those two win. But Real Madrid had a number of down years for them at least. Still, Ancelotti is no Mourinho. Bayern is probably the club to beat again.

As usual, the French clubs fell short. If one of those clubs like L'Orient or St. Ettiene, historically a centre for the bicycle industry could ever make a stir, I would cheer them on. PSG and probably Marseilles are more of the equivalent of MUFC and LFC in my eyes, the big clubs over there.

Chelsea made it to the semi final. A late goal by Ba saw them though against a Zlatan less PSG. I thought that they deserved it.

Yer i thought they deserved it. Handled PSG well. I though Luiz was excellent in his midfield role as well.

Good game and i was glad to see Chelsea go through

Guest Norbert

It won't affect their transfer plans apparently. Moyes said so. However, let's say player X has a choice between Bayern, Man Utd and Chelsea. His agent will be crap if he fails to notice that Rooney has signed a £300,000 p/w contract to stop him from leaving..................It might be an expensive few years at Old Trafford, and if Moyes fails again next season there will be trouble.

Archived