BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2013/2014 (and Europa league!)

they must have started to worry that its all going to implode

United season-ticket holders told: Buy a ticket for Olympiacos at home or you can't watch the Manchester derby!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Norbert

I think they've pulled similar stunts before with season ticket holders. Things like if you bought a season ticket, you had to buy tickets for cup games too, or something along those lines.

And I bet the prices for tickets have doubled since the Glazers took over.

They've only managed that three times this season at home too - against the mighty Palace, Swansea and Cardiff.

I think you're underestimating just how bad they are at Old Trafford now. If Ferguson was in charge then they'd probably give Olympiakos a fearsome rogering, but Moyes has castrated them.

Time will tell. The great thing about a debate like this is that we will have our answer in a couple of weeks.

I think they'll get the job done, several don't - we will see who is correct.

Guest Norbert

If they do get through, fingers crossed for a match against Real Madrid. It'll be hilarious seeing them try to cope with their players in full flow.

If they do get through, fingers crossed for a match against Real Madrid. It'll be hilarious seeing them try to cope with their players in full flow.

Barcelona would be funnier - I'd put a fiver on Man Utd not getting into double figures for % possession.

Not at all. He's being asked to play out of position and take on multiple roles. His production has decreased as a result of the role that he's been asked to take on (and, in part, because of the serious lack of quality in their midfield), but he should be credited for willing to sacrifice himself for his team in that way.

Sacrifice? 15 million pa?

10 years ago Rooney was explosive, had a swagger and a huge threat about him as well as a huge on-pitch presence. Now whilst still a top player and influential to the team the former attributes have largely subsided. His curve is definitely downward and 300k pw in the coming years will turn into an embarrassment. Put another way ... for that money he should not be asked to play anywhere except in his best position otherwise it's 300k pw for a bloody utility player! Bonkers.

Not at all. He's being asked to play out of position and take on multiple roles. His production has decreased as a result of the role that he's been asked to take on (and, in part, because of the serious lack of quality in their midfield), but he should be credited for willing to sacrifice himself for his team in that way.

Eighty-five million quid probably softens the blow to his pride.

Since Rooney is basically in charge of Man Utd now, he should demand that he plays up front. I don't think Moyes would argue with him.

His production has decreased as a result of the role that he's been asked to take on (and, in part, because of the serious lack of quality in their midfield), but he should be credited for willing to sacrifice himself for his team in that way.

Say the same thing about Jordan Rhodes and you get rounded on!

That's because you're inventing a situation to support your argument Stuart. For me Rhodes has never been short of effort, just quality.

Aye, all those goals just fluked in off his arse.

At least you've admitted he works hard. A lot don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big Arse fan (curvy my thing.....butt that's by the way), did want them to turn BM over tonight, as I dislike losing to the Germans more. Robben does my noodle though, a very talented player, but a cheat.....dives at every opportunity, no need, and this ref lets him...

Ps Oxlade-Chamberlain has been class tonight, Arsenal's best player

Not a big Arse fan (curvy my thing.....butt that's by the way), did want them to turn BM over tonight, as I dislike losing to the Germans more. Robben does my noodle though, a very talented player, but a cheat.....dives at every opportunity, no need, and this ref lets him...

Ps Oxlade-Chamberlain has been class tonight, Arsenal's best player

I agree with you. Wenger does my head in with his moaning but I would have liked them to have beaten the Germans.

I don't think that City have a cat in hell's chance today but want them to win.

Guest Norbert

Man Utd: De Gea, Da Silva, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra, Welbeck, Giggs, Carrick, Valencia, Rooney, van Persie. Subs: Lindegaard, Hernandez, Young, Fletcher, Kagawa, Fellaini, Januzaj.

Olympiakos: Roberto, Leandro Salino, Manolas, Marcano, Holebas, Perez, Ndinga, Dominguez, Maniatis, David Fuster, Campbell. Subs: Megyeri, Paulo Machado, Samaris, Haedo Valdez, Papadopoulos, Vergos, Bong Songo.

What a mediocre team from Moyes. And I can't really see how they'll line up. You see a team Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City put out, and you can see the shape and strategy. Even Stoke under Pulis or Bolton under Sam had ideas and structure behind them.It looks like Moyes is desperately throwing names into the starting 11 and hope it works.

Archived