BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2013/2014 (and Europa league!)

We're getting 10 v 11 games much too often. Especially in big games. It was crap defending by Demichaelis but a sending off and a penalty killed the game. Nobody got hurt, a penalty should be enough.

Rather difficult tyrone..... it was outside the box. But your initial point is correct.

Ton Finney never got either booked or sent off *(no cards in those days of course). I doubt he'd get through all those years without falling foul of some over eager and clueless ref now.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought no. It's for the initial foul isn't it? Otherwise the likes of Ashley Young will feel a hand on their shoulder, make it inside the area then fall down. Tbh, I have seen him do that before but you know what I mean, my understanding is it's wherever the initial foul is.

Barca's was outside the box. Bayern's was a penalty 100% as there was contact and you can't expect Robben or any player to not go down there, their manager and teammates would have a go at them and rightly so.

I hate that double punishment of a penalty AND a sending off. I understand the reasons for it's introduction but in practice it is ruining too many games for the public who have paid good money to watch, whether it be live or on Sky.

I hate that double punishment of a penalty AND a sending off. I understand the reasons for it's introduction but in practice it is ruining too many games for the public who have paid good money to watch, whether it be live or on Sky.

Quite right. Two big matches effectively ruined as spectacles by over zealous refereeing. The World Cup this summer is likely to see the same. Fifa needs to change the rules with regards to yellow and red cards. Football as a game is suffering.

Quite right. Two big matches effectively ruined as spectacles by over zealous refereeing. The World Cup this summer is likely to see the same. Fifa needs to change the rules with regards to yellow and red cards. Football as a game is suffering.

Whilst I agree, its the inconsistency that gets to me. If every decision like Robben, was a red then at least you know the consequences, but I'll guarantee you, United at OT against us, the keeper would be unlucky to get a yellow. The commentators trot out the old "the ref had no choice baloney", when they clearly do in some cases.

Must admit it made me smile to see Arsenal fans booing Robben for being clearly fouled, as if their team has never had any divers.

On the spectacle, must agree, a straight red is too harsh. Should take the lead from Rugby and award a penalty goal, and have a sin-bin for the fouler.

Ton Finney never got either booked or sent off *(no cards in those days of course). I doubt he'd get through all those years without falling foul of some over eager and clueless ref now.

Yeh, taking his shirt off and waving it wildly round his head every time he scored a goal like he always did back in the 1940s.

He never got cautioned for that then.

Whilst I agree, its the inconsistency that gets to me. If every decision like Robben, was a red then at least you know the consequences, but I'll guarantee you, United at OT against us, the keeper would be unlucky to get a yellow. The commentators trot out the old "the ref had no choice baloney", when they clearly do in some cases.

Must admit it made me smile to see Arsenal fans booing Robben for being clearly fouled, as if their team has never had any divers.

On the spectacle, must agree, a straight red is too harsh. Should take the lead from Rugby and award a penalty goal, and have a sin-bin for the fouler.

Penalty goal is the obvious solution but as Baz said, how many referees would award one against Manu?

Guest Norbert

He'd probably put Messi way out on the wing, Stuart Ripley style. He really reached his level at Everton, and now they're starting to look better without him.

Still no shots on target. Against a Greek team.

Guest Norbert

Just noticed who badly I had misspelt gargoyle earlier. It was about as accurate as Rooney's pre match conference.

And Van Persie has been woeful this season.

First ever loss to a Greek team - another record for Moyes. I can't see them scoring three against this team (or any team, for that matter) at Old Trafford, so they're probably out of the CL for the foreseeable future. What else will it take for the Man U directors to admit they made a huge mistake and get rid of him?

First ever loss to a Greek team - another record for Moyes. I can't see them scoring three against this team (or any team, for that matter) at Old Trafford, so they're probably out of the CL for the foreseeable future. What else will it take for the Man U directors to admit they made a huge mistake and get rid of him?

They'll score three or more at OT.

Guest Norbert

I'm not so sure. They're utterly clueless at times this season, playing like a bad version of Everton. If they get an early goal, then maybe.

Archived