BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer

Why does bowyer have constant digs at fans in his interviews ?

what a load of rubbish this comment is

it WASNT a dig at all towards the fans at all.

his point was the game was flat first half. the game was dull, the fans was flat, no singing at all first half.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

his point was the game was flat first half. the game was dull, the fans was flat, no singing at all first half.

Another thing that works both ways, the players also have a responsibility to get the fans on their feet, only Conway seems to be doing this at the moment!!

Er, it was. He didn't say the game was flat [so] the fans were flat. He said the fans were flat [so] the game was flat.

I was going to ask if you listened to it but it seems like RR is your main source of opinion these days, well, apart from Nicko.

I will type this slowly... Chaddy you are on ignore please don't quote me or reply to me by saying anything against what I put . You can dish it out but can't take it back . If I reply you will say it's bullying , so I won't.

Er, it was. He didn't say the game was flat [so] the fans were flat. He said the fans were flat [so] the game was flat.

I was going to ask if you listened to it but it seems like RR is your main source of opinion these days, well, apart from Nicko.

Was100% a dig at fans and not for the first time either .

Another thing that works both ways, the players also have a responsibility to get the fans on their feet, only Conway seems to be doing this at the moment!!

As paid professional sportsmen it's their duty.

I listened to it at the time the Bowyer interview on Radio Rovers. first time I've listened to Radio Rovers was after the game. didn't see an issue with the interview but of course some people wll have a problem tho.

Abbey, I have no problem with you. not my fault if you cant accept a different view from your Bowyer out one. I have no problem with any fans who want a change of manager. its been a good debate so far been some very good posts on either side of the debate

I don't listen to Radio Rovers but if Bowyer said the crowd was flat in the first half, then all he was doing was stating a fact - how you interpret the fact depends on what side of the Bowyer fence you sit on.

I wouldn't say it was two fingers to the fans, he's come out plenty of times and said the fans have been great when I've thought to myself 'really' and I've thought to myself that he's only said to ingratiate himself with the fans.

It swings both ways and I suppose fans will take the slant they want.

After us throwing away the win in the brighton game Bowyer should understand the fans are not going to be buzzing going into the next game.

I am sure many fans like myself go to great lengths, in terms of money and time, to get to matches. To do that so soon after Brighton was, I felt, me doing my bit.

Do they have a cheering crowd when they train all week? - no, so they should be able to play without one.

Highly paid entertainers criticising the performance of the crowd seems back to front to me.

When they gave us something to cheer, we cheered

Always thought it was their job. Are they not paid to entertain the masses either by winning or playing entertaining football. Where in my season ticket that it is our job to lift the players.

I've not heard the interview myself but if what Chaddy is saying is correct then it sounds like Bowyer has yet again come across poorly. I know I joked earlier on about our D. of F. but after the last three seasons it is something the club are going to work on to build some bridges.

If he has said it like Stuart has said then yet again the club's staff have had a go at making, the one thing the club needs, its supporters the scape goat for poor performances. Its like the club or its staff haven't learnt anything over the time.

Either way it is time Mr. Myers to earn his money

• Moderation Lead

I listened to it at the time the Bowyer interview on Radio Rovers. first time I've listened to Radio Rovers was after the game. didn't see an issue with the interview but of course some people wll have a problem tho.

Abbey, I have no problem with you. not my fault if you cant accept a different view from your Bowyer out one. I have no problem with any fans who want a change of manager. its been a good debate so far been some very good posts on either side of the debate

Those in glass houses.....

I have no issue with you or your posts Chaddy, as variety is key on here- but you don't seem to be able to accept anyone's disagreements on your Bowyer views any better!

Pre Lowe injury I was very much sack as performances more importantly results where hopeless.

Since he's been out I'm very much back in the not bothered category again no one who isn't deluded could possibly argue that we couldn't get better only that with hillbillys running things the chances are slim we ever would.

If results continue as they are and Lowe walks straight back in to kill all momentum in midfield I'm straight back in the let's look for someonelse camp as promotion will never be on our horizon with some of the anti attacking football bowyer has favoured.

Are you not doing the same? Ewood was flat in the 1st half, but we won, so you don't need to mention it. Or if you do spin it round.

It really is becoming them and us, the polar opposite of how it used to be. Now we get about 8-10K watching so some 16-18K have walked. If the divide is constantly being made bigger, more will follow and then were will we be? Someone needs to be the bigger man in all of this and start to bridge the divide.

The first half was a bit scrappy but once we got the goal we came to life, it was good to hear the fans help drive the team on once that happened. Hopefully we can start that way against QPR and get the crowd behind us from the off on Tuesday. The lads love it when the crowd are behind them so it was great to see it happen today.

Just as GB would appear to need some help tactically, perhaps he needs some help with articulating himself or communication?

Fergie's early career, east stirling, st mirren was littered with failure, st mirren sacked him. But he always turned to Jock stein for advice. St Mirren claimed he had no managerial ability at all. Even Aberdeen he had issues with some of the players in the early days. he failed a lot at the start.

I agree about it becoming them and us. There was a time when this messageboard contained articulate debate about all things Rovers. Now, if you post anything positive you are immediately branded a Venky lover and abuse quickly follows. If you are negative you are a "trembler". Many long time posters have left the board never to return which is sad.

In my time watching the Rovers the fans have invariably needed the team to lift them. To be honest I think it is the same at most clubs. It was understandable yesterday. The first half resembled an old fashioned end of season game. I thought our approach was better after half time.

My point about Bowyer is that all managers have to start somewhere. Admittedly he has been fortunate to start in the Championship rather than the lower divisions but that merely puts him on a much steeper learning curve. Not all managers who had a good grounding in the lower divisions can step up and make a success in the Championship - Jim Iley at Ewood for example, and Keith Hill at Barnsley both failed to cut it at a higher level.

I think this season has been very much a learning process for Bowyer and also the senior coaching staff who have previously worked at Academy level. Only Short has any short of experience managing or coaching at first team level. I discount Keeley because I think he is easily discounted! Come back Bobby Mimms!!!

At some point a club somewhere is going to give a manager sufficient time to develop a club from top to bottom - in the same way that Crewe did with Dario Gradi - and they will reap the benefits of that approach. Sadly, short term thinking seems to dominate in football as everyone chases the promised land of the Premier League.

My view, be it Bowyer, or another manager at Ewood, they need to be given TIME.

After us throwing away the win in the brighton game Bowyer should understand the fans are not going to be buzzing going into the next game.

I am sure many fans like myself go to great lengths, in terms of money and time, to get to matches. To do that so soon after Brighton was, I felt, me doing my bit.

Do they have a cheering crowd when they train all week? - no, so they should be able to play without one.

Highly paid entertainers criticising the performance of the crowd seems back to front to me.

When they gave us something to cheer, we cheered

wow...probs first post i have ever agreed with you.

Those in glass houses.....

I have no issue with you or your posts Chaddy, as variety is key on here- but you don't seem to be able to accept anyone's disagreements on your Bowyer views any better!

i only quote this as chaddy is on ignore...

Chaddy I will comment this once ...no problem with me? you accused me of bullying /abusing ?

right back to my hangover and a walk along the cut.

I agree about it becoming them and us. There was a time when this messageboard contained articulate debate about all things Rovers. Now, if you post anything positive you are immediately branded a Venky lover and abuse quickly follows. If you are negative you are a "trembler". Many long time posters have left the board never to return which is sad.

In my time watching the Rovers the fans have invariably needed the team to lift them. To be honest I think it is the same at most clubs. It was understandable yesterday. The first half resembled an old fashioned end of season game. I thought our approach was better after half time.

My point about Bowyer is that all managers have to start somewhere. Admittedly he has been fortunate to start in the Championship rather than the lower divisions but that merely puts him on a much steeper learning curve. Not all managers who had a good grounding in the lower divisions can step up and make a success in the Championship - Jim Iley at Ewood for example, and Keith Hill at Barnsley both failed to cut it at a higher level.

I think this season has been very much a learning process for Bowyer and also the senior coaching staff who have previously worked at Academy level. Only Short has any short of experience managing or coaching at first team level. I discount Keeley because I think he is easily discounted! Come back Bobby Mimms!!!

At some point a club somewhere is going to give a manager sufficient time to develop a club from top to bottom - in the same way that Crewe did with Dario Gradi - and they will reap the benefits of that approach. Sadly, short term thinking seems to dominate in football as everyone chases the promised land of the Premier League.

Aside from the inaccurate opening paragraph, that's not a bad post. Not a bad post at all.

If results continue as they are and Lowe walks straight back in to kill all momentum in midfield ...

Absolutely key for me.

I totally agree this post. ParsonBlue is spot on here.

I think fans have become very short term thinking these days. we have to give the manager time to rebuilt the club and playing staff after 3 years of turmoil. whoever the manager is he needs time and patience.

it could be a long time before we get back to PL. look how long it Leicester to get back to PL. 10 years I think.

I'm trying to think, why it needs the fans to make plenty noise to get this team going. The team should be doing well irrespective of whether there is noise or not. There have been plenty of times from what I could see, the fans giving it their all, only for the team to disappoint them.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Perhaps Wenger at Arsenal would be a better example. "Developing the club from top to bottom" should be happening at board room level much like it did at Swansea or in conjunction with the manager like at Arsenal but we know the state of our board. With that in mind, to expect our manager to develop the whole club from top to bottom is unrealistic and in many ways unhealthy. I see your point but I really think we're pinning our hopes here on one of very few sane people at Rovers to sort it all out.

To approach building Blackburn Rovers with the manager calling the shots you need a better leader than Gary Bowyer from what I've seen so far.

I could buy into the building for the future if there appeared to be structure to what is going on but there does not appear to be any structure.

Fans need to be told what is going on so they can understand and make judgments. Are we rebuilding for the future or were we going for promotion? This is a prime example. The club continue to send mixed messages.

I understand that each season we are in the championship the club needs to make more and more cuts but why allow 19 new players to join. If it is the future we looking to why have the likes of Williamson playing who is the wrong side of 30.

When the club needs its manager to build bridges and engage with the fans, he then starts trotting out mantras which are direct from the Steve Kean book of wisdom. Is this is what is taught at FA/Fifa coaching badges because along with negative tactics it appears that all managers seem to preach it.

Yesterday instead of the moaning about the like of atmosphere in the first half and appear to blame the fans, Bowyer could have said how the improved atmosphere in the second help raise the players. Same message different spin.

Again I say that Rovers need to build bridges with the fans, Bowyer can help but at present he is not helping himself nor the club.

Yesterday instead of the moaning about the like of atmosphere in the first half and appear to blame the fans, Bowyer could have said how the improved atmosphere in the second help raise the players. Same message different spin.

thats is what he did say to.bbc radio lancs after the game

I could buy into the building for the future if there appeared to be structure to what is going on but there does not appear to be any structure.

Fans need to be told what is going on so they can understand and make judgments. Are we rebuilding for the future or were we going for promotion? This is a prime example. The club continue to send mixed messages.

I understand that each season we are in the championship the club needs to make more and more cuts but why allow 19 new players to join. If it is the future we looking to why have the likes of Williamson playing who is the wrong side of 30.

When the club needs its manager to build bridges and engage with the fans, he then starts trotting out mantras which are direct from the Steve Kean book of wisdom. Is this is what is taught at FA/Fifa coaching badges because along with negative tactics it appears that all managers seem to preach it.

Again I say that Rovers need to build bridges with the fans, Bowyer can help but at present he is not helping himself nor the club.

thats is what he did say to.bbc radio lancs after the game

The director of communications not quite there yet

Archived